It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did I join the Masons & What did I learn?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION
I am NOT a Mason.
I only have one question.
If Freemasonry is soo full of charity and good people doing good things then WHY ALL THE SECRECY?

What secrecy?

I'm pretty sure we will tell you all you want to know (except the modes of recognition, which are private).

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Real Masons cut and work the stone of humanity / culture. Their great work is the transmutation of the current raw material that is man into a reasoned edifice.

All major religions were created from a think tank thousands of years ago, in order to create vessels that humanity may pour itself into.

You can mount a wild stallion, but you must break it if you want to remain its master.

That is what is happening to us. Masons aren't even masons these days. The real masons don't sanctify yahbulon, the profane masses do. Jah, Yahweh, Allah, whatever, the personal experience for each individual differs but the boundaries are very real and sometimes very fatal.

War as Alchemy.

Exactly!

THIS.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Let it be known for the record that the Freemasons keep secrets:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by emsed1

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION
I am NOT a Mason.
I only have one question.
If Freemasonry is soo full of charity and good people doing good things then WHY ALL THE SECRECY?

What secrecy?

I'm pretty sure we will tell you all you want to know (except the modes of recognition, which are private).

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Modes of recognition are dangerous secrets. For example;

A court trial is taking place. The defendant has an attorney, the plantiff has an attorney. The judge is a 'fellow Mason' and so is the attorney for the plantiff. Each of the Masons knows the other is a Mason because of 'modes of recognition'. The defendants attorney is not a fellow Mason. Who is going to win the case?

The judge takes an oath to uphold the law, he also takes an oath to come to the aid of his fellow Mason. He sees that the defendants attorney is looking good on the case. Which oath comes first?

edit on 12-9-2010 by nlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nlouise
The judge takes an oath to uphold the law, he also takes an oath to come to the aid of his fellow Mason. He sees that the defendants attorney is looking good on the case. Which oath comes first?
You only know part of the story. The sentence before the oath includes "there is nothing in this oath that will interfere with the duty that you owe to your God, your family, country, neighbor, or self." Or this part of the charge:

There are three great duties, which, as a Mason, you are strictly to observe and inculcate—to God, your neighbor, and yourself. To God, in never mentioning His name but with that reverential awe which is due from a creature to his Creator; to implore His aid in all your laudable undertakings, and to esteem Him as your chief good. To your neighbor, in acting upon the square, and doing unto him as you would he should do unto you; and to yourself, in avoiding all irregularity and intemperance, which may impair your facilities or debase the dignity of your profession. A zealous attachment to these duties will insure public and private esteem.

In the State you are to be a quiet and peaceable citizen, true to your government, and just to your country; you are not to countenance disloyalty or rebellion, but patiently submit to legal authority, and conform with cheerfulness to the government of the country in which you live.

In your outward demeanor be particularly careful to avoid censure or reproach. Let not interest, favor, or prejudice bias your integrity, or influence you to be guilty of a dishonorable action.
So a judge would be doing his duty as a Mason by upholding the laws of the country, regardless of if the man standing before him is also a Mason.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thank you for your explaination.
(obligatory 2nd line)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
You only know part of the story. The sentence before the oath includes "there is nothing in this oath that will interfere with the duty that you owe to your God, your family, country, neighbor, or self."
So a judge would be doing his duty as a Mason by upholding the laws of the country, regardless of if the man standing before him is also a Mason.
This is not the complete story, either.

In the oath of the Royal Arch degree Masons are told that their obligation to Freemasonry supercedes any obligation to the state, including laws involving murder and treason.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Does it realy matter, Masonry does not have to explain itself. Neither should Masons expect the profane to understand.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If there is a contradiction there, it would matter to me, especially if I am at the mercy of a Judge and my attorney is not involved in Freemasonry.

Who are the Royal Arch Degree Masons?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
In the oath of the Royal Arch degree Masons are told that their obligation to Freemasonry supercedes any obligation to the state, including laws involving murder and treason.
Care to show me where it says that?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
There's a lot to learn inside Freemasonry anyway. It can take a lifetime. People here at ATS want to get info quick being spoon fed like babies. You want real answers: RESEARCH! Join the Freemasons and you will learn. It is just an association of different men in the community. There is no boogeyman. And they even feed you after lodge.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Methos777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

We are not secret. We are in fact, very open about a great many things, but we do have private meetings.

No. We keep to our Obligations. We are a private group. If we were so super secret, why can you find most everything about the Masons on the internet? If we were so powerful why don't we just pull the plug?

reply to post by nlouise

Can you supply us with examples of this judicial misconduct? If a Judge knows someone personally then he should recuse himself or face disciplinary actions. Also, a Mason is taught to be trustworthy and honest, and to be a good citizen. If a Judge, or any Brother involved with law and order, used his membership to better his situation or for personal gain, then he is a lousy Mason and guilty of conduct unbecoming a Mason. If I ever heard of any Brother in my jurisdiction doing this I would charge them and hold a Masonic tribunal in an effort to expel him.

The Royal Arch degree Oath doesn't state that it supersedes oaths taken outside of Freemasonry. That is a lie. Also, not all Master Masons go onto the Royal Arch.

reply to post by nlouise

The Royal Arch is a body of the York Rite which is composed of 3 bodies (Royal Arch, Cryptic, and Chivalric Masons)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
My grandfather was a 32 degree mason in Texas, and an active Christian with a high moral standard and integrity.
I remember when I was young I would sometimes attend their ceremonies, though back then I didn't really know that much about it, nor do I now for that matter.

All my cousins went into Demolay and I was the only one who didn't go because i wanted to know more about it before being devoted to it, consequently I went into scouts instead. ...Anyway...
Me and My grandfather used to talk about it when I was a boy and all the way into my 30s and at those times he wasn't shy about telling me anything I wanted to know about it, he was happy to share as much as he knew, that is what I suppose he was allowed to share.
Anyway in 2009 I talked to him about the masons and why he never attended their meetings broke off friendships and what not he said with a very depressed look that they had very different views.

When I asked him what that meant, he said he didn't want to talk about it and that it was complicated.
A few weeks later he threw out all his masonic books that he had collected over the last 40 years, to include morals and dogma just to name a few. My dad found them in the dumpster in the alley. The excuse, "I have no use for that stuff anymore" That freaked the whole family out.

I tried several more times to talk to him about what is grievance was but he refused to tell me. I should add that none of this means anything to me accept the one day in early November 2009 a month before he died I stayed with him at his house because the family was afraid he would cook something and burn the house down. while there we talked at the kitchen table for hours and at one point VERY reluctantly brought up the whole silly Masonic conspiracy BS.. Thinking he would only chuckle about it I smiled and chuckled first while talking about it.

To my utter shock he agreed with me on, I would say 90% of my points. SHOCK!!! SHOCK!!!
So either my grandfather looked me dead in the eye with an angry and very sincere look and lied to me, in which case masons are liars like everyone else and not necessarily of high moral standard, or at least from his view point after 40+ years in the Masons found something that went against his grain and was in line with the whole conspiracy.

Look I don't know I'm not too sure about the masonic agenda to begin with and I don't believe they are evil...misguided? yeah maybe but who inst, I'm just telling my story and why I believe what I believe.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
not all masons are good men! I work with a guy who has been a mason for 15 years, he is selfish, cunning and would quite happily step on you to get ahead. He is also high up in the ranks and because of this, i wouldn't even consider joining. I don't even know how he got through your interview process. Because your a mason, doesn't mean you are honourable. This guy might do things for charity, but i do wonder if he benefits in some way. I'm in the uk.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by essxjay
not all masons are good men!

Really?

Masonry strives to make good men better but it can't fashion a good man out of bad cloth. It's unfortunate that your work mate hasn't taken the lessons within Masonic ritual to heart. But guess what? That's not the shortcoming of Masonry, that's the shortcoming of your work mate.

That you tar all of Masonry with the brush you perceive from your work mate is unfortunately myopic on your part. All groups on this earth that aspire to better the lot of man in general have the occasional member whose actions cause others to shake their heads. But does that mean the group is at fault or the member? If you think the former, then I suggest you start railing at Parliament and virtually every organised religion as there have been many and sundry members of ill repute in both.

Good luck to you and I'll be watching the papers for news of your efforts.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by starrider

Thank you for those words. I became a mason for many reasons. The sense of being, to better myself, because I believe in what the oraganisation stands for and because we can learn from each other.

I look to my Lodge for support and guidance and offer guidance in return when I am able.
I will offer anyone help should I think they need it and/or when they ask. To quote a famous Time Lord of BBC, there are two words that I cannot ignore "Help Me". This is what I truly think Freemasonry is about.

It is a vehicle to better yourself, help others, and enlighten yourself. It is an institution of love, respect and rightousness.

If you want to learn the true meaning, just visit one of our Lodges, you will be welcomed with open arms.

Finally, to the ATS member who was brave enough to admit being a felon, sorry I did not note you name at the timé of writing this, be open and admit that you made a mistake in the past. If you are a good man, the Brethren will see this and will take it into account during your application.

P.S. By the way, if we are hell bent on world domination and have been around for so long...........then we are not very good at what we do. LOL

Peace be with you all.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

When I took my Masonic Oath, I swore to be charitable and just. To be tolerant to others, respect all faiths, creeds and races. To be mindful of those less fortunate than myself and to uphold the Laws of the Land.

I will not tolerate lawlessnes, prejudice or disrespect.

I became a Mason to be a better person. That discludes theft, murder, treason, cannibalism and blood orgies.

Please, if you want to know the truth, just visit your nearest Lodge.

Peace to you all.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Well said. A Mason should never use his membership to circumvent the Law of the Land. The Judge must, he is duty bound, uphold the Law in favour of his Masonic vows. If anything, if the accused Mason is indeed guilty, he should be judged by the Law and excluded from his Lodge.

edit on 13/9/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Bad Grammar

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
From what I can tell My grandfather and those who were masons with him, uncles, and family friends were all very open about what they did and there were not a lot of secrets that I can see.

This is why one was always welcome to attend any of their ceremonies just about any time. In fact I even took place in one even though I wasn't in Demolay or a Mason at the time.

I have heard about the Elusive esoteric Masonry, and some of what my grandpa told me was in line with that to some degree.

So from I can discern is that just like any organization or government there may be a faction of masonry that is less than kosher. I mean if a Government can be corrupt and any smaller organization as well then I don't see why it is to outrageous to assume Masonry to be in the same boat.

I know it may grind the gears of some to think that their trusted organization may at times act nefariously, but a few bad apples don't spoil the man, it just spoils the unit.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

As a Past Grand Officer for a Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons, as well as a member of the Ritual Committee for said Grand Chapter, I can attest that the quote above is complete and utter nonsense.

Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join