It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did I join the Masons & What did I learn?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Take a chill pill there mate ,i was just giving a opinion why people think the way they do i because of things like this,i understand well what it is thank you. Ill put anything i want up,i was just having a enlightening conversation with a very nice person who is a mason,ihave nothing against anybody at all.I have family members who were masons when they lived, EXCUSE ME TRYING TO SHOW WHERE PEOPLE GET THEIR IDEAS AND EXCUSE ME FOR HAVING THE INTELLECT FOR LISTENING TO BOTH SIDES BEFORE I EVER MAKE A COMMENT ON IT!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by starrider
reply to post by frozenspark

It angers me to no end when I hear people make senseless comments about the Masons. A lot of you who choose to spout negative comments regtarding the Masons need to do your homework before you speak. You are not giving the Masons a bad name by what you say; you are giving yourselves a bad name and showing your ignorance of the subject. Please, stop spouting ignorance and start learning.

It sounds like you had a great upbringing and I am glad to see you speaking the truth here for these nay sayers, thank you !

[edit on 123131p://upFriday by seridium]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Hi Johnny,

I am not sure about how it is done in Dublin, but it sounds similar to the US. Each lodge meets at least once per month, sometimes more. It isn't based on anything like the moon, it is just a convenient night that allows for the most attendance. My Lodge meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. Many times we meet on other nights for specific business like conducting degrees or doing education, but the 2nd Tuesday never changes.

As for the numbers, they are just for when the Lodge was chartered. My lodge is Robert Butler Lodge #305. In other words we named our lodge after an admired Mason from the area, and we were the 305 lodge chartered in Florida. Just up the street is Jackson Lodge #1 !! That is a coveted and admired number and it is often contested, because the original 3 lodges applied at the same time and Jackson got lucky and got the #1 designation, but the other two lodges were actually in existence longer.

Hope that helps. You could just randomly attend a lodge about an hour before the stated meeting time, they will be eating dinner, and they will welcome you in and answer your questions. Maybe try two or three and then apply to your favorite.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Sorry for coming off like a goof I wasnt thinking and got upset by such R-Tards in the video you posted and the mumbo jumbo they spew.
Truly Sorry Seridium

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Hey Seridium dont worry buddy,i understand whre you are coming from!
I would feel the same way,you got into a brotherhood to help people and
now that you know there is no dodgy stuff going on you are sick of hearing people say there is!!
very understandable,keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You are very welcome, seridium. My posts on ATS are never meant to create anger, but simply to help educate. I hope, by my post regarding the Masons, that some members of ATS will indeed take the time to gain knowledge of the subject. I think they will be very surprised by what they learn, assuming they will research with an open mind and heart. I have never met or known a Mason that wasn't a caring, giving, supportive man, often going out of his way to make life just a bit easier for those that are hurting or suffering. I do what I can through my ES membership.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I am considering joining not a member yet and I also have to be accepted just because my godfather is a 3rd degree mason doesnt mean he can pull strings and get me in so I have to apply just like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Doesn't it make sense that a group of men bound by a high moral code well-versed in history, politics, and under obligation to live and act as an upright and just man and mason, using charity and brotherly love as their motivation should be in important positions in the community? If not Masons, then who would you suggest could do it better?

That sounds a little bit as inferiority complex.
Admit to yourself that you want join them only to feel power.

Otherways you can help people without Masons. Your 2 coffee per month keep in life a whole family in Africa for many days.

And i don´t see that Masons something helped to reduce powerty.

Don´t know if Götz Werner is a Mason.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by under_topsecret

Yes masonry is very charitable, but it is not the sole reason or even the reason in the beginning that a man becomes a Mason. Masonry can add a sound structure to a man life, it can develop and give you many skills that you may have been previously week at. You are apart of something that has rich meaning and a brotherhood, that though this will feed into the conspericy people, we Masons do look after each other, although when you learn more you should help all people Mason and non Mason.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I am only saying that i don´t see results of your "work".
Countries and peoples are more and more in debt. More and more in powerty.

It´s good that people feel well as Masons. Some people achieve same things going to churches and mosque.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by under_topsecret

Sure. We're not saying we're the only way. And we're not for everybody. But for some people, Masonry provides an infrastructure that lets us help in other ways as well. Like driving the vans to get burn victims to our free hospitals, for instance.

Edit to add: We're simply not THAT big. If you're looking to us to change poverty or nations, you're looking in the wrong place. But various Masonic organizations DO run dozens of hospitals, at no charge to the patients, that cost more than a million dollars a day to run. And they're all funded by charity. That might not make a difference on a global level. That's fine, that's not what we're about. But it helps individuals in need, and that is something that we CAN do.

[edit on 8/28/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have to ask if "real" Masons are the loving altruistic orginazation that I am hearing about here then how did all the Lucifarian/Evil conceptions get started in the first place?

I my self believe the NWO and TPTB include most likely some high Masons but the plot is so massive there are most likely many other orginazations involved that can cause alot of dis-info and confusion.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by under_topsecret
Btw, Masons had plenty of time and oportunity to point finger at unjustice with usury and "making money from nothing", to help people. And they never did that.

Actually some have pointed their finger at injustice. The Grand Lodge of Idaho denounced Hitler and the Nazi regime for their treatment of the Jews (well before the US went to war). There's one example for you. And we donate money to charities and people all the time.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKnave
I have to ask if "real" Masons are the loving altruistic orginazation that I am hearing about here then how did all the Lucifarian/Evil conceptions get started in the first place?
Fear and jealousy, more than anything else. People fear that which they don't know. If something goes on in private, by definition, someone, somewhere is going to think it's bad, simply because they don't KNOW otherwise. Likewise, people Freemasonry has rejected will loudly denounce it. Also, some strictly organized religions, such as the Catholic Church, see Freemasonry as a threat to the stranglehold they have over their followers. This is the same reaction that tyrants and dictators have had to Masonry. (Hitler, Mussolini, Saddam Hussein, etc...)

[edit on 8/29/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Oh sheez stop lying lmfao
well stop defending it
low level masons know jack all anyways
there pawns, devil whores and they dont even know it!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Are you a Mason?

How would you know how difficult it is or isn't to become one and move up the ranks? First of all, there is no such thing as a 33rd Degree Mason. There are only 3 degrees in Masonry. Everything after that is part of the appendent bodies, such as Scottish Rite. You can become the Grand Master of the state without ever having more than 3 degrees of Masonry!

Also, Masons police themselves. We have "Masonic Charges" that can be brought against any member acting inappropriately, and they can be barred from the fraternity.

Also, Masons undergo background checks and interviews even before being allowed to take the first step into Masonry. At each subsequent step along the way, they are questioned about their intentions and obligations.

Um, yes, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General refer to themselves as 33rd degree Masons

I thought that "Masonic Charges" were simply summary statements of meetings

Unless we can get specific, your deceptive correlation between Masonic law and the law of the land is a false one.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Well I am tired of reading people bashing an org they have no idea about, but they sure like to rant and insinuate that they are luciferian by design and so forth which is just nonsense and something that was learned from non sense or some website of a angry individual that has nothing else better to do that not worry about himself, people tend to dwell on things and you knwo when you dwell on anything it will either become an obssesion or a depression, there are som many websites with people opinons that have no creditabilty whatsoever to their outlandish claims, if your going to try and slander something or someone or a organisation at least have proof.

And you could at least learn the English language. There's plenty of proof, even on ATS.

I myself am not a Mason but my Godfather is one, he is a kind man with agreat family, he does not work for any sisnter company other than his own window business, he doesnt worhsip satan in his spare time in secret he does however attend logde meeting 2 times a month and helps out the community and offer charities for the needy with his lodge brothers.
So my question here is for the Masons that frequent these boards and the question is this...

You know so much about what he does with his time, you two must be joined at the hip!

"what made you want to join" ?

I want to join and the reason is I enjoy helping people and I also would like to learn more about me as a person and I am quite sure many of their teachings help oneself find oneself in a certain sense, it also opens up another part of your brain that has never been used very often am by this I mean the mock ceremonies and ritual magick practiced in some rites, so yeah if you don't mind posting why you joined and what you have learned so far that isnt a big secret please elborate so some of these ranters can get with reality.

To say that you must become a Freemason to enjoy such dubious benefits is bordering on propaganda.

On a side note if you go back to my first posts I must say I thought the same thing most peopel do about Masons which in time I have "learned" to be false and dis info I would also like to thank, Masonic Light, TrinityMan and EdenKaia thanks for helping me learn what is right and what is wrong with the way I ranted garbage, much appreciated!

In time you will learn of the disinfo that pervades within the Masonic lodge.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

There are more degrees in masonry I think there are hundreds of degrees out there that have been created in different bodies of masonry throughout the world, many are not used anymore.

But there are only 3 degrees that every Freemason must take to become a full member of the fraternity, any degree taken after the third does not make a man a more senior mason. They are just additional degrees that are used to elaborate on the first 3.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
To say that you must become a Freemason to enjoy such dubious benefits is bordering on propaganda.

very true. One need not be a mason to try to be a good person. It's just one path that can be taken. Thanks so much for making that statement.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
reply to post by network dude

What I want to know is your opinion or knowledge about Templars and that they long ago "infiltrated" Scottish rite, and at the very top subverted the organization to Satanism. I don't know how accurate this is, but many sources lead me to believe that this is the case... a secret society WITHIN a secret society.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by frozenspark]

The link between the Templars and masonry is yet unproven. The Scottish Rite has a templar degree and in fact uses the templars in an allegorical play to teach a lesson. But that is out of respect for their order. Not because they are or have infiltrated masonry. Those who bring up Satanism are the boneheads who fear what they don't understand. They make up fantastic stories to attempt to smear the good name of masonry out of stupidity and ignorance. Unless God and church are satanic, I am pretty sure masonry isn't either.

There are many groups within masonry, and some are secret. Even from other masons. Like the masonic Rosicrucians. It's an invite only group. Or the 33rd degree masons. They have meetings and those who have not attained the degree don't go to them. But that doesn't make any of them evil or nefarious. It just makes them mysterious. And therefore interesting to some. It's just like when in a corporation there are meetings between the VP, CFO, and COO. The meetings are private and not attended by Joe the floor sweeper, but they might be about how to keep Joe employed.

edit to add reply about satanism

[edit on 2-9-2010 by network dude]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join