It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents, do you know what these texts mean?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wh47 4 104d 0f 60110x. Remember typing 55378008 on your calculator, turning it upside down and giggling?

J32U5, scare mongering M5M....

Ch33rs OP, I can reference this nonsense the next time my sister tells me I'm making up sh173.

You'd have to be on CR4ck to believe this p0ppyc0ck

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree. Most likely it is regional.

I live in Los Angeles, CA. So that might explain a lot.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The thing they are missing is that the only kids who would speak that way would be talking about scoring two-liter Code Red Mountain Dews and re-rolling their blood-elf paly. That "common" text speak they're referring to looks like leet to me, and only the nerdiest of the nerds use that unless something has changed dramatically in less than five years.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I seriously doubt majority of today's youth is using "1337 speech."

That lingo is more centered around MMORPG's and the like, not text messages.

Which is still widely regarded as nerdy activities, not something "new and cool."
edit on 22-11-2010 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's l33t-5P43K and yeah, I can pretty much read it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wow, I can't see any crack head actually taking the time to figure out that code at all.

My teenagers text and mind you I've encouraged them to forgo "text speak" in favor of proper english, but I see the occasional short hand, nothing like that though.

I think CNN and the rest of the media are just trying more scare tactics to keep parents afraid of the big bad world around their kids.

Then again, I think it's criminal that parents are buying their 9 year olds cellphones, I mean come on, that's unecessary.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I never see any younger folks that are fluent in 1337 speak these days. I would guess the sender of that text, if it's real, would be more like 25-35.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
That was a bad example of leet speech. Who wrote that article? Now every parent is going to be freaking out over the "crack" part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join