It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Things You Need to Understand about the Rapture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I will most certainly watch and listen to your videos but you still havent shown me any scriptures that advocate the rapture theory.I believe that in the end times there will be people who will seek the Lord and they will be ''caught up'' in a sense like Enoch and Elijah.I dont believe that mass amounts of christians will all be raptured to escape tribulation.That is just ridiculous.I am a disciple of Christ and a fisher of men and unless you can find a scripture that advocates the rapture as it is currently taught i refuse to put my faith in it.I wont take part in some occultist womans delusional ramblings ecspecially since she was openly a enemy of the cross. I am an ambassador of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and i wont advocate any teachings that Jesus himself didnt advocate being as that i am a disciple a christian.Scripture is my one and only foundation and if it isnt scriptural i wont believe it.My house wont be built on sand but on solid rock because my God is a Rock and a Strong and Mighty Fortress.That is what i believe .

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
First of all, I'm also a fellow disciple of Jesus Christ. We're to speak kindly to one another and unbelievers and rebuke the wolves. You're still arguing that the doctrine itself is very recent, it's not, that's a myth that's being propagated. there are numerous references to the pre-tribulation rapture from early church fathers.

Also, Jesus didn't speak about the rapture of the church because it was hidden from the OT prophets. Jesus didn't even give the command to birth churches in His name until the book of Acts. Paul revealed the rapture of the church in his first epistle. It was a "mystery" to the OT prophets, as was the preaching of the gospel to the Gentiles. God works revelation that way, always progressively.

I'd love to discuss this with you, i love prophecy talk, it's my favorite subject. But I'm going to kindly await you watching the videos first. brother Stone is LIGHT-YEARS ahead of me in the teaching of the history and doctrine of the rapture. So please, watch the video series in the links and when you finish them I'd love to discuss with you. I just have to take a back seat to brother Stone and his teachings on the matter, he's the master of the doctrine in this present age.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I will most certainly watch your videos but i will not be able to do so until later tonight.I love to argue and debate prophecy as well in fact deep spiritual conversations are my favorite type of conversation.Unless your videos can provide me with scriptural backing and not some convoluted theories and assumptions then they are a waste of my time.I am willing to take the time to listen to Mr Stone (i think thats his name?)but only if he has the scripture to back up his words,not just his own interpratations and ideas but the actual Word of God.I apologize if i seemed harsh in my earlier posts that was not my intention.I was simply asking relevant questions and contributing my own knowledge,understanding and insight to this thread.I am man enough to admit when i am wrong and if you can show me the error of my ways then i will most gladly change my perceptions but first you will have to show me the scripture to prove me wrong.Show me the scripture and i will believe in the rapture doctrine wholeheartedly.May God bless you and give you the boldness of lions to proclaim the Gospel of His Son Jesus Christ to the nations.Please pray that the Lord of the Harvest will send workers into his harvest.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Apology accepted, no worries. It's just important to remember that secondary and tertiary doctrines are never something to argue about. Differences of opinions on them are not heretical, only differences on primary doctrine are. (Virginity of Mary, divinity of Jesus, the ressurrection et cetra)

And you'll LOVE brother Stone's teachings, I've been mesmerized by them for the better part of several years. The man knows his stuff and is second to none in teaching of Eschaetology. The title of the second video series I linked is "Attention All Rapture Doubters and Fighter Biblical Proof of A Pre-Tribulation Rapture", so yes, there are tons and tons of scripture references. I too am a Biblicist, and consider the Word of God to be the highest authority as well. Check out brother Stone's videos, I promise it's a journey you'll never regret.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Well i just finished watching all three parts of Mr Stones manna fest teaching series.I will watch the second video series tommorrow night.I have written down all the scripture references he provided in the videos and will study them later today with my Strongs Exhaustive Concordance.I will say this for Mr Stone he certainly has a annointing to teach.I will study the original hebrew and greek today also and see what the scripture references he provided say literally word for word.I am not one to believe in such a thing as a rapture of hundreds of millions of christians but if the scriptures he provided adds up to only that conclusion then i must change what i believe.After i have finished watching all the videos and if i am still not convinced then i will provide you with all the scripture and materials i have accumulated to support why i currently believe the rapture isnt biblical.Like i said earlier i believe that there will be a rapture of sorts like what happened to Enoch Elijah and Jesus there will be people who will seek God and ''ascend'' into heaven.I dont believe that millions of christians will suddenly be beamed in to heaven to escape tribulation.I just dont think the kingdom of God works that way.I think that there will be a secret place for us disciples to hide for a time and a season to temporarily escape what will come upon the earth.I believe that this secret place is in the Shadow of the Almighty.Even in Noahs day there had to be a Ark of safety for him and his family to reside in,a secret place.But even so no matter where we go or what we do God is always with us whether we ascend into heaven or make our beds in Sheol he is always with us.Besides if God is with us who can stand against us?The gates of hell wont overcome us.Our God is a Great Mighty and Awesome God nothing is too big for him.This sure is an exciting time to be living in Brother!Pray that the Lord of the Harvest will send workers into His harvest.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That's what you'll love about Perry, the best part of his teachings on prophecy deal with the Hebraic roots. And truly the scriptures do "come to life like never before."

I eagerly await your thoughts after watching the second series of videos linked, they are much more in-depth.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Matthew 16

[17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The Book of Acts is just that how the new church should be.

The Church was discussed by Jesus to Peter as you can see before.

In the Book of Acts we are to be Baptized in the Name of Jesus and receive the Holy Ghost which we know when we speak in other tongues. Jesus always spoke in parables when in his ministry, that is why he said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; which are the three aspects of God whose name is Jesus. There is not three gods.

Exod.20

1. [3] Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exod.34

1. [14] For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

We will be able to perform miracles greater than that of what Jesus did while here as a man.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
2 Things You Need to Understand about the Rapture.

One it doesn't exist, and two... well the same as the first.

I don't understand why people that follow the bible, spend more time trying to explain what isn't there, than to explain what is.

This IMO is why religion is falling apart in the first place. If people cant agree on the first paragraph of the bible, why move on to other things?

One thing at a time.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Unfortunately i personally believe you are correct well only about half correct.There are so many denominations catholic,lutheran,baptist,methodist and the list goes on and on with so many doctrines and dogmas that we have become blind,deaf and mute.There is so much strife,division and discord in the collective body of Christ that we have become ineffective and despondent.A house divided against itself cannot stand and we are falling apart.Unless we the church begin to walk the good walk of faith instead of just talking and playing christianity we will destroy ourselves.Unless we become disciples we will remain in the wilderness completely lost and unable to enter the promised land.Unity is the key to solving all of our existing problems.''Either we learn to live together or we are gonna die alone.''Unless we unite ourselves with one heart,mind,soul and vision we will perish.Together as one whole body we can accomplish anything.If we cant agree on and do the simple things how can we expect God to give us bigger things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join