It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Things You Need to Understand about the Rapture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
1. Being Christian is not the one and only requirement of being included in the Rapture. Why? Because people of all nationalities, regardless of race, color or religion are open to the Salvation of Christ. Many "Christians" will not make the Rapture and at the same time many "Non-Christians" will. This is because we are judged on our hearts. There are a total of TWO things that you need in order to obtain Eternal Life and Man-Made Religion is not one of them. (1) An Acceptance of Christ as Lord and Savior. (2) A Good Heart Condition. A Good Heart Condition is a humble heart. So this means that someone who has never heard the name of Jesus can be included in the Rapture, because God has read their heart and found it a humble one that will accept His son as Lord and Savior. And at the same time, someone who professes to be a Christian, can have been judged as not having a good heart condition, and would not be included in the Rapture.

“A good man produces good out of the good storeroom of his heart. An evil man produces evil out of the evil storeroom, for his mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart.” Luke 6:45 (HCSB)

“Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life.” Proverbs 4:23 (HCSB)

“Then I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having the eternal gospel to announce to the inhabitants of the earth—to every nation, tribe, language, and people.” Revelation 14:6 (HCSB)

“Hear this, all you peoples; listen, all who inhabit the world, both low and high, rich and poor together.” Psalm 49:1-2 (HCSB)

“Then Peter began to speak: "In truth, I understand that God doesn't show favoritism, but in every nation the person who fears Him and does righteousness is acceptable to Him.” Acts 10:34-35 (HCSB)

2. People will not just "disappear" into thin air. Why? Because we're talking about Heaven. We exist in the Physical Realm and we have physical bodies. Heaven exists in the Spirit Realm and those who exist in the Spirit Realm have spiritual bodies. Physical bodies cannot exist in the Spirit Realm. Those who are fortunate enough to be included in the Rapture will be transformed - in other words - they will leave their physical bodies behind and receive new spiritual bodies and this will occur in the twinkling of an eye.

1 Corinthians 15:44-45 "sown a natural body, raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being ; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit." 1 Corinthians 15:44-45 (HCSB)

There's much more that you can learn and come to an accurate and truthful understanding to in regards to End Times, The Tribulation, Rapture and Armageddon, but these two things were what I felt most led to share at this time. For more information view my past threads or visit the links in my signature.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying and I believe that I understand the intent, but I don't understand why you are posting it in CiR.

Are you implying that there has been a deliberate misrepresentation of the Rapture by a group of people to encourage a belief that only those that identify themselves as 'Christians' will participate in the Rapture?

Or did you just want to discuss the Rapture and the Parusia in general?

Eric

[edit on 26-8-2010 by EricD]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If you want to pretend that "The Rapture" is a real thing and not just something made up by a preacher with a loose, patchwork interpretation of the Bible, you need to look in Revelation. I know, it's evil to actually read the Bible, but...

The only people who are going to be spared and taken away from the turmoil of Armageddon are very specifically stated to be 144,000 Jewish male virgins, 1,200 from each tribe. So unless you're one of those, you can pretty much kiss any chance of being raptured good-bye.

Christians, I know you had your hearts set on it, but it's just not going to work out. But that's okay. There's always a chance for holy martyrdom in battle!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Isn't the "the rapture" a theory? It is not really a biblical thing, just a theory. Like the evolution theory, intelligent design theory or intervention theory.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Acts 2:

[37] Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Claiming to be a Christian is not a way to heaven you must Believe that Jesus was born of a virgin birth, wrongfully persecuted for our sins hung on a cross as a sacrifice worthy, died and rose again victorious over hell and death.

you must believe that Jesus is God and that the Bible is his word and is 100 % true.

John.1

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Tit.3

1. [5] Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Matthew 7:

[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Arent the 144,000 Jews, 1200 from each tribe. Arent they suppose to go forward and spread christ gospel after the rapture?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
you must believe that Jesus is God and that the Bible is his word and is 100 % true.

So basically, Jesus may have died on the cross to free mankind of its sins, but it wasn't without a catch. He didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. He wants something in return. Much like the Great Pumpkin, Jesus will be checking tickets at the gate of Heaven to see who sincerely believes and who doesn't.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
Are you implying that there has been a deliberate misrepresentation of the Rapture by a group of people to encourage a belief that only those that identify themselves as 'Christians' will participate in the Rapture?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by EricD]

Deliberate or not... there have definitely been misrepresentations as well as misinterpretations and it's important that people know the truth because there's not much time left.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Hi, the only thing you seem to be missing are bible quotes that actually refer to the rapture.

(Hint- there are none)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
For those of you who choose not to believe, that's your free will choice. However, the 3rd thing you need to understand is the following:

Everyone has Free Will Choice in the decision and are able to choose one way or the other. That's why we will not try to force the Truth on to anyone.

“I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live, love the LORD your God, obey Him, and remain faithful to Him. For He is your life, and He will prolong your life in the land the LORD swore to give to your fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” Deuteronomy 30:19-20 (HCSB)

“But if it doesn't please you to worship the LORD, choose for yourselves today the one you will worship: the gods your fathers worshiped beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. As for me and my family, we will worship the LORD.” Joshua 24:15 (HCSB)

“If you carefully obey My commands I am giving you today, to love the LORD your God and worship Him with all your heart and all your soul, I will provide rain for your land in season, the early and late rains, and you will harvest your grain, new wine, and oil. I will provide grass in your fields for your livestock. You will eat and be satisfied. Be careful that you are not enticed to turn aside, worship, and bow down to other gods. Then the LORD's anger will burn against you. He will close the sky, and there will be no rain; the land will not yield its produce, and you will perish quickly from the good land the LORD is giving you.” Deuteronomy 11:13-17 (HCSB)

“This is how we are sure that we have come to know Him: by keeping His commands.” 1 John 2:3 (HCSB)

Now, either you will accept or reject the Truth we have ministered to you. Since everyone should come to understand that actions result in consequences, we deliver the following warning. If you decide to refuse the truth, then you will know what is ahead--even if you reject that also, at this time. Later on, you will see our words come to life. If you accept the Truth now but are later tempted to cultivate negativity within your heart, then the warning we share might help to prevent that from happening.

Yahweh's Bitter-Sweet Warning to All People of The Earth: He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life. He that disobeys the Son will not see life. The Wrath of God remains upon him.

“The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him.” John 3:36 (HCSB)

Once you have been given the Message of Truth, if you do not obey it you are exercising your Free Will choice. However, it will result in eternal death at the Judgment. Just as Satan and his angels cannot have free reign in creation - neither will it be permitted of those that exercise that choice. Your fate is upon your own head.

“Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of everyone's blood, for I did not shrink back from declaring to you the whole plan of God.” Acts 20:26-27 (HCSB)

The above scripture reveals we will be clean from the blood of those who make the wrong choice. If you are so cultivated with negativity that you hear and know that what we speak is Truth and you continue to sin willfully by rejecting that Truth, then you will lose the Sacrificial Hope of Salvation. Time will eventually run out. Armageddon is the final Judgment Chapter.

“For if we deliberately sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins” Hebrews 10:26 (HCSB)

"to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor, and the day of our God's vengeance..." Isaiah 61:2 (HCSB)

"The tumult reaches to the ends of the earth because the LORD brings a case against the nations. He enters into judgment with all flesh. As for the wicked, He hands them over to the sword [This is] the LORD's declaration." Jeremiah 25:31 (HCSB)

"I tell you that on the day of judgment people will have to account for every careless word they speak." Matthew 12:36 (HCSB)

"When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood." Ezekiel 33:8 (HCSB)

MODS: I've tried three times to show a portion of the above as an external post, but cannot get it to work without running everything together.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Are you just cut and pasting things from your blog?

Eric

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Regina - I don't think that there is any debate in this thread in relation to your salvation depending on belief and acceptance of our Lord Jesus Christ. The debate I see and also join in asking you for are the scriptures that discuss this "rapture" that so many Christians falsely cling to. Personally, I wish that there would be a rapture for us to escape the tribulation. Unfortunately there is not one thing written about a rapture in the Bible. And if you are going to point to 1 Thess 4:16-18 - sorry. You will notice that all of the judgements have hit the fan first. Next the dead in Christ will rise and only then will the very few "who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."

So - sorry. There will be no rapture. I hope that if myself and my family are alive when the tribulation begins that we will die quickly and painlessly together at the very beginning of it and don't have to go through all of that suffering.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Acts 2:
[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Friend, I am not a Christian, have not given my heart and soul to "Christ," nor am I "baptised in his blood" either. But I do have the "Holy Ghost." It is called the human soul, and is composed of pure, divine energy, and come with being alive on planet Earth. Why do Christians think they have a lock on the soul? Do they really believe that none of us sinners have one? While you are frantically leafing through your book to prove me wrong

Claiming to be a Christian is not a way to heaven you must Believe that Jesus was born of a virgin birth, wrongfully persecuted for our sins hung on a cross as a sacrifice worthy, died and rose again victorious over hell and death.

So, to get into the Christian Heaven I have to do the following....believe that an Englishman
(English word) was born of a Virgin (Like Mithras) was wrongfully persecuted and crucified ( Jesus ben Stada) rose from the dead, (spirited away by Jewish Underground) and made a sacrifice (pagan rite) and is victorious over hell (A made up place) and death (doesn't exist) you must believe that Jesus is God and that the Bible is his word and is 100 % true.
(even thought is was written by men with an agenda)
Confusing, isn't it?

Yesuah did not come here to be sacrificed, in fact, the ones who sent him were quite surprised when that happened. The man did not "die" on the cross, he was taken away and healed, and then, with his wife, Mary, went to France where they spent their latter days in happiness. He is not, and never was a God.

Originally posted by nougat420

Hi, the only thing you seem to be missing are bible quotes that actually refer to the rapture.
(Hint- there are none)

Right, there are none, all invented, began by a man named John Nelson Darby in 1847.

The Rapture Theory - Its Surprising Origin

The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory, however, is a menacing doctrine that perverts the plain language of the text of the New Testament. Some preachers today look on the doctrine as the heart and core of present Christian expectations in regard to prophetic truth for the near future! Many believe this false teaching is the principle hope of the Body of Christ for their redemption and safety during the Great Tribulation. We need to look at this teaching carefully.
The Doctrine of the Rapture

First understand that the word “Rapture” is not found in the King James translation. There is also no single word used by biblical authors to describe the prophetic factors that comprise the doctrine. Its formulation came about by means of inductive reasoning. Certain biblical passages concerning the Second Coming, and the role Christians will play in that event, were blended together inductively to establish the teaching.

The modern expression “Rapture” has been invented to explain the overall teaching and the term suits the subject well. The basic tenets of the doctrine are simple. It purports that Christ will come back to this earth in two phases. He will first return secretly to rapture His church away from this world so that they might escape the Great Tribulation to occur at the end of the age. Christ then returns in a visible advent to dispense His wrath on the world’s nations. This is the general teaching.
source
The Dispensational Origins of Modern Premillennialism and John Nelson Darby

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
For those of you who choose not to believe, that's your free will choice. However, the 3rd thing you need to understand is the following:

Everyone has Free Will Choice in the decision and are able to choose one way or the other. That's why we will not try to force the Truth on to anyone.

Please, ReginaAdonnaAaron, pray tell me, how can I be Free if I have but one choice? Either worship the Christian God and give him 10% of my money, along with my heart and soul, or else? How is that freedom? And believe you me, you may not have noticed this, but everywhere you go, even in this forum, Christians do try to force their version of the truth upon all of us unwilling people who found a different way. Many times reading a thread I am assaulted by pages of Bible Quotes, as if none of us can read or something.

My take is this: If you are blinded by your church and your religious dogma, if you have listened closely to the preacher but have never read that pesky, hard to read book you carry so proudly, and if you are waiting for someone from Heaven to come down here and save your sorry butt, forget it. Saving one's self is one's own responsibility, and that is something everyone needs these days, personal responsibility for one's own actions.
The "Light" will send you to any Heaven, or Hell, or any other place you wish to go, just ask it. Don't be afraid, it is not human, but rather a machine.

Wake up, Christians!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If you want to get real literal (and you're talking about the 144,000 sealed ones), then by the scripture, you'd have to be:

1) male
2) a virgin
3) descended from the twelve tribes of Israel

Interesting criteria... I kind of lost at number 2), and I'm not sure on 3) (likely not)...so I'll see you all in Hell...pick me out a nice spot by the Lake of Fire...I'm curious to see what kind of fish we can catch there....

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

First off let me say that i am a christian a disciple of Jesus Christ.Now then i have to ask this question where in scripture does it talk about the rapture?I am not one to cast dark dispersions on your thread but i have read the bible cover to cover and i have never come across anything about the rapture.From my understanding the ''rapture doctrine'' was started in 1830 by a cultist named Margaret Macdonald on her deathbed.At the time she was having an emotional breakdown and was delusional due to the high fever.This doctrine was never accepted by any church at the time and was considered blasphemy considering it came from a female cultist.This doctrine didnt even gain popularity until the 1930s about a hundred years later when a failed lawyer and rejected priest named John Darby started preaching his theories to the public.He was looking for attention and a quick buck so he used the delusional ramblings of a cultist to gain money,attention and recognition.This is the sad sad history of the theory called the rapture.Jesus himself never talked about the rapture nor is it mentioned outright in scripture.It is the pitiful belief of christians wanting to escape tribulation and go to heaven, well sad to say it doesnt work that way.It hasnt worked that way for the past 2000 years so it probably wont work for the naxt 2000 years.At least my beliefs have solid scripture to back them up rather than the ramblings of a cultist.The main foundation for the rapture is a scripture in Thessalonians which really doesnt even speak of the rapture.If you can show me where in scripture it outright speaks of the rapture i might even be inclined to believe it.I suppose its a nice thought anyways.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Blue Shift

Arent the 144,000 Jews, 1200 from each tribe. Arent they suppose to go forward and spread christ gospel after the rapture?

Yes, don't mind what the other poster said. He/she has no idea what they're talking about. The "Church" isn't mentioned in Revelation after chapter 3.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

You don't like "Rapture" fine, here are other Biblical terms describing the same thing:

1. "Catching Away"
2. "Gathered Together"
3. "General Assembly"

Manna Fest #508

Attn. All Rapture Doubters and Fighters

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Its not that i dont like the rapture its a wonderful idea but thats just what it is a idea.There is no scriptural foundation for it,it is only a theory.The woman who proposed this theory wasnt even christian she was an occultist she didnt believe that christ was the messiah.She stood against christianity and the church and yet christians are still willing to believe in her foolishness.Jesus NEVER talked about the rapture and if Jesus never advocated the rapture then neither will i.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That's absurd, I've been an avid fan of Eschatology for the better part of 15 years. And from the background of a denomination that preached and taught "Amillinialism". The rapture doctrine is very Biblical, it's also a myth that the early church fathers didn't teach a pre-tribulation rapture, they did.

We can continue this conversation, but first please take time to view the teachings of brother Stone on the subject. He's the best teacher on the subject on the planet IMHO. I posted them for a reason Sir. You posted 36 minutes after I linked them, the second video series is 1 hour and 10 minutes itself. The first link is about 25 minutes of teaching.

It won't kill you to hear the teachings linked.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

If you can show me where in scripture it outright speaks of the rapture i might even be inclined to believe it.

Brother Stone does this quite well in the video series I linked. U just have to watch, then I'll feel free to discuss it further.

If not, others that are posting here can view the videos themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join