It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NYC CAN Releases TV Spot

page: 2
67
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsALL
So... if you don't know 100% what happened... are you at least at all curious to know? Do you have any questions about it?

If you don't know 100% what happened, than it is safe to say you don't know the 100% truth? Do you not care about the full truth and nothing but the truth?


I care whether my beliefs are right or not, which is why I am open to the possibility that it was a government conspiricy, but you have not provided sufficient evidence to substantiate your claims, which is why I am expressing critical scepticism of your claims.



Originally posted by IsALL
Your opinion of what is "ridiculous" and what is "unsubstantiated" is like a pair of blinders over your eyes prohibiting you from seeing the 100% truth, because believe it or not, the truth is often ridiculous and unsubstantiated.


No, if I claim there are talking M&Ms in my cupboard, would you believe me? If I thought with 100% certainty that there are talking M&Ms in my cupboard with no evidence what so ever, wouldn't you call my claim ridiculous and unsubstantiated? This is just an ad hominem, like before, you are trying to call me close minded in order to "prove" your assertion correct, it is a childish and immature tactic.


Originally posted by IsALL
Now I think you are delusional. Not only do you not know the 100% truth... but you also jump to conclusions. I bet you jumped to conclusions of that happened on 911 too.


Ad hominems again.


Originally posted by IsALL
Just because people question what happened on 911, and what brought down WTC7, doesn't mean they all think it was an inside job. There is 1000 other possible explanations. Why are you settling on one if you are not closed minded and or jump to conclusions?


Considering that the majority of posters in this topic have claim it was the government conspiricy, I would not consider it a conclusion I just "jumped" to.

Again, these are ad hominems, you have not provided a logical, coherent argument that defends your position or refutes my own. You have not address my point, or the TCs video.


Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Even if 9/11 was an inside job, it is still credulous for you to believe it is so without sufficient evidence.



Originally posted by IsALL
It is credulous for someone like you to jump to a final conclusion about 911 without knowing anything about what happened on 911. All you know is what has been told to you.... and you don't even know if it was a lie. You even admitted that you don't know the full 100% story.


No, because I have based my conclusions on evidence. I have not just listened to "the reports", I have evaluated the evidence and came to a conclusion. Again, what conclusive evidence do you have to suggest otherwise? I don't need to know the full 100% story (although I never said I didn't) to come to a logical conclusion with the evidence provided.


Originally posted by IsALL
Credulous - "willing to believe or trust too readily"

What is credulous is for someone like you to trust, and believe a story that was spoon fed to you.


Again with the ad hominems, no I am a mathematics and physics major (honours) and I am working on my Ph.D. I have evalutated the evidence, and came to the conclusion it was as the vast majority of investiagations concluded.



Originally posted by IsALL
You label me a "truther" just because I want to know the full truth of an event, which is not spoon fed to me. What does that make you? A "swallower"? I think it does.

You swallowed a story, and you don't care about what you swallowed. If you did, you would be a truther too.

How dare you judge me and jump to conclusions about my opinion. I despise you.


No, you do not want to know the truth, you just want to confirm your unsubstantiated beliefs. Again, ad hominems (become a consistent theme now)




posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbofan

Originally posted by IsALL

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
1 200 engineers express doubt over the collapse compared to the 1.5 million employed in the US who don't?


1200 engineers who OPENLY express doubt, compared to the 1.5 million who are too scared to loose their jobs, too scared of ridicule for asking hard questions, and or just don't care, or just don't have doubts.


AND...those others that don't even know about WTC7.

A funny illogical tactic used by loyalists who believe the entire world
knows about WTC7.


1. I did not mention anything about WTC7, at all.

2. Your right, claiming 1200 engineers who express scepticism over the collapse as meaningful is an illogical tactic.



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsALL
reply to post by hooper
 


Can you prove that it is a lie?

You know there are hundreds of thousands of architects and engineers in this world? How do you know that 1200 of them don't question the reason why the building fell?

In my opinion, the way WTC7 fell could only be possible if the very bottom of some of it's load bearing supports were completely compromised. As far as we all know, there was no major damage to the bottom of WTC7. There was some damage to the top and front, maybe, but the bottom? Not likely, it was protected by other buildings. And we all know fire can not completely compromise this support, that is unheard of.

Something compromised the bottom of WTC7.

FYI - I am an engineer.



IsAll, I want to clarify that this is directed to Hooper's comment rather than yours. it is time for some action. This needs to go progress beyond mere debate of the fine points of what happened. We need to take the pitchforks, rails, tar, and feathers in hand and start doing something.

Only a totally deluded fool would fail to question how and why WTC7 fell the way it did. There is nothing ordinary about that event.

If you wish to deal with the event by denying reality, you have the right to make that choice, but keep it to yourself and quit trying to persuade others to join you in your foolishness just so that you can take comfort and have company in your personal stupidity. You just confirm the old adage that "misery loves company". Please, go suffer in silence and leave those who truly care about the search for truth alone.

After 9 years of minutely dissecting this event, it's high time we stop giving credence to such menacious comments.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by dubiousone]

[edit on 8/27/2010 by dubiousone]



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsALL
I despise you.


Are you 12 or something?

Can't you handle someone criticising your opinion?

Rather than presenting ad hominems, you should construct a logical and coherent arugment that defends your position or refutes my own.



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

Originally posted by IsALL
reply to post by Jerry_Teps
 


Jerry... To sit there and think you know the 100% truth about 911 is what cracks me up. In reality, you don't know anything accept what has been told to you, and that is hilarious.

You can NOT claim to know everything about 911, because a lot of things are still "classified".

Getting people to question things which we still don't have answers to is a right step in the right direction to getting those answers.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by IsALL]


Where did I say I know 100% what happened? The logical response to a ridiculous unsubstantiated claim is scepticism. Unless you can prove conclusive evidence that 9/11 was an inside job, then frankly, i'm going to consider you delusional.

Even if 9/11 was an inside job, it is still credulous for you to believe it is so without sufficient evidence.

The mentality of truthers astounds me.


Jerry, Jerry, Jerry........smh........

Well ya see Jerry Teps, when we have scientists working on all of this, and

we do, the very idea of you believing the story NIST sold you lock stock

and barrel is even more credulous, in fact, it’s downright ridiculous IMO.

Why don’t you try listening to the VIDEO I put up? Hmmm?

NIST was up to some --->MONKEY-BUSINESS



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps1. I did not mention anything about WTC7, at all.


You should have, it's a package deal! You can't have the entire picture
if you don't include all of the events.


2. Your right, claiming 1200 engineers who express scepticism over the collapse as meaningful is an illogical tactic.


So, claiming that the entire world knows all of the events and details
surrounding Sept. 11th is your idea of 'meaningful'?

I highly doubt that you're obtaining a Ph.D.; such an educated
individual that doesn't know the difference between, "Your" and "You're"?



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps
 


I don't even want to reply to the majority of your post because it is just completely pathetic. Instead of having a real conversation you just plug your ears with your fingers and say "ad hominem" over and over. It's such a lame move on your part.

I will however reply to this...


Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
No, because I have based my conclusions on evidence. I have not just listened to "the reports", I have evaluated the evidence and came to a conclusion.


The evidence? Exactly what evidence? Videos and pictures of the OUTSIDE of the buildings? Information spoon fed to you by other people?

Show me your evidence, right now.

Show me evidence that 19 Muslim hijackers controlled those jets.


Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Again, what conclusive evidence do you have to suggest otherwise?


I have evidence that YOU, and NOBODY knows exactly what happened inside any of the WTCs. I know that all you have are theories. You can deny that and you will fail.


Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
I don't need to know the full 100% story (although I never said I didn't) to come to a logical conclusion with the evidence provided.


You are hilarious...

When I accuse you of knowing everything about 911 you say, "I never said I know everything", but now you say.... "I never said I didn't".


So what is it? Do you know everything about 911? Please answer with a Yes or No.

The answer is NO.

So, I have evidence that you don't know everything about 911. This includes the real reason it happened, and who is really responsible, what actually happened inside the WTCs, etc....

The absolute truth is... You don't know anything about 911. All you know is planes crashed, buildings fell, and people died. You really don't know anything outside of that.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by IsALL]



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Are you 12 or something?


No.

Are you 9 or something?


Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Can't you handle someone criticising your opinion?


Can't you handle someone criticizing your opinion?

I despise you because not only do you jump to conclusions, but you are prejudice to ones opinions, and you think people who have questions about 911 are delusional.

You didn't criticize any of my opinions because I didn't even mention my opinions. You criticized the opinion you thought I had after judging me. You jump to the conclusion that I believed 911 was an inside job.

Your actions were despicable, hence why I said I despise you.


Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Rather than presenting ad hominems, you should construct a logical and coherent arugment that defends your position or refutes my own.


I didn't present ad hominems. I was trying to show you the truth that in this reality nobody knows anything with any certainty. And you don't know the full story about 911.

If you can present evidence that suggest you know that full story about 911, then so be it, lets see it. If you don't know the full story, then you should present evidence that what you don't know isn't a conspiracy.

Until then, I will forever know that you truly know nothing about 911, and apparently stopped investigating.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by IsALL]



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsALL
I don't even want to reply to the majority of your post because it is just completely pathetic. Instead of having a real conversation you just plug your ears with your fingers and say "ad hominem" over and over. It's such a lame move on your part.


Well then perhaps you should construct a logical and coherent argument rather than ad hominems.


Originally posted by IsALL
The evidence? Exactly what evidence? Videos and pictures of the OUTSIDE of the buildings? Information spoon fed to you by other people?

Show me your evidence, right now.

Show me evidence that 19 Muslim hijackers controlled those jets.


That's an argument from ignorance, lets assume that they weren't muslim hijackers, how does that prove the government "dunnit".

I'm not saying i'm right, merely that you are wrong.


Originally posted by IsALL
I have evidence that YOU, and NOBODY knows exactly what happened inside any of the WTCs. I know that all you have are theories. You can deny that and you will fail.


So what? I don't have to be there to make a conclusive on the evidence available, I don't claim to be 100% certain. For example, no one has ever seen pluto orbit the sun (we haven't discovered it for that long), however, the evidence (relativity, plus logical observations) suggest that it does. You have not proved anything.


Originally posted by IsALL
When I accuse you of knowing everything about 911 you say, "I never said I know everything", but now you say.... "I never said I didn't".


No, just because I didn't do a, doesn't mean I did b. It's a false dichotomy.



Originally posted by IsALL
So what is it? Do you know everything about 911? Please answer with a Yes or No.

The answer is NO.


No, but you accused me of making assumptions, it is hypocritical not to apply it to you.


Originally posted by IsALL
So, I have evidence that you don't know everything about 911. This includes the real reason it happened, and who is really responsible, what actually happened inside the WTCs, etc....

The absolute truth is... You don't know anything about 911. All you know is planes crashed, buildings fell, and people died. You really don't know anything outside of that.


And you do?

Instead of circular arguments, perhaps you actually prove your point. Unless you provide conclusive evidence that your beliefs are correct, then you have no case.



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsALL
No.

Are you 9 or something?


Just proving my point with the immature responses.


Originally posted by IsALL
Can't you handle someone criticizing your opinion?


Nice response. I'm not the one who is getting angry, calling insults and "despising" me because I am challenging your beliefs.


Originally posted by IsALL
I despise you because not only do you jump to conclusions, but you are prejudice to ones opinions, and you think people who have questions about 911 are delusional.


Do you believe someone who believes in Unicorns in talking M&Ms in their cupboard is delusional?


Originally posted by IsALL
Your actions were despicable, hence why I said I despise you.


That's a pretty pathetic reason to despise someone.


Originally posted by IsALL
I didn't present ad hominems. I was trying to show you the truth that in this reality nobody knows anything with any certainty. And you don't know the full story about 911.


Yes you did, your argument was based on trying to discredit me, you were not presenting evidence, only calling me "closed minded" and such.


Originally posted by IsALL
If you can present evidence that suggest you know that full story about 911, then so be it, lets see it. If you don't know the full story, then you should present evidence that what you don't know isn't a conspiracy.


Can you present evidence that the government did it? Is your entire argument based on the premise that I do not know absolutely everything about 9/11? Wow. That's a pretty weak argument.



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbofan

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps1. I did not mention anything about WTC7, at all.


You should have, it's a package deal! You can't have the entire picture
if you don't include all of the events.


2. Your right, claiming 1200 engineers who express scepticism over the collapse as meaningful is an illogical tactic.


So, claiming that the entire world knows all of the events and details
surrounding Sept. 11th is your idea of 'meaningful'?

I highly doubt that you're obtaining a Ph.D.; such an educated
individual that doesn't know the difference between, "Your" and "You're"?


Are you saying 1200 engineers (encompasing all fields of engineering) who express doubt is meaningful?

Ad hominem, your argument is semantical.



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Provide conclusive evidence that the government conspired 9/11 or don't respond.



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps
 


Everyone take a good look at how hilarious this guy's replies are. So hilarious that I don't want to bother replying to most of his JOKES.

He preaches having evidence, and when I ask for it, he makes some excuse as to not provide it.

I figured that he was so sure of his conclusion that it would be easy for him to provide evidence for his conclusion, yet he failed!

SHOW ME YOUR EVIDENCE THAT 19 MUSLIM HIJACKERS CONTROLLED THE JETS!

If you have no evidence of 19 hijackers controlling the jets, you might as well say you have talking M&M's in your cupboard!!!



Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
That's an argument from ignorance, lets assume that they weren't muslim hijackers, how does that prove the government "dunnit".


I didn't say anything about the government doing anything! What you are doing is avoiding the request of evidence because you don't have anything, and YOU are using the argument from ignorance.

All I ask for is some evidence that 19 Muslim hijackers controlled the jets, and you failed!

Why would you believe 19 Muslim hijackers controlled the jets if you don't have any evidence of it?

And you want to talk about unsubstantiated claims?!?!?!

REALITY CHECK


[edit on 27-8-2010 by IsALL]



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
theres got to be more we can do as a open minded society that has critical thinking...

im wondering if there will be those in the news networks who will try to sweep this under the carpet???

it looks like a good start, a prayer answered from up above. S&F



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Nice response. I'm not the one who is getting angry, calling insults and "despising" me because I am challenging your beliefs.


Asking if I am 12 years old is an insult. You hypocrite.

I only insult those who insult me first.

You obviously haven't finished or passed your English class. I just told you I despise you because you erroneously judged me, not because of your beliefs. I just got done telling you that, and you failed to read and comprehend. That is an epic failure!


Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Do you believe someone who believes in Unicorns in talking M&Ms in their cupboard is delusional?


I believe you are delusional for asking that question.



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Are you saying 1200 engineers (encompasing all fields of engineering) who express doubt is meaningful?

Ad hominem, your argument is semantical.


I don't know of any other group similar in size which opposes them, do you?

NIST wont even correct their own errors pointed out by some of these
A&E's.

So "Jerry", do you accept the NIST report on WTC7 as sound science?

Do you also agree with NIST and the 1265+ A&E's who support the 2.5
seconds of free fall?



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps
Provide conclusive evidence that the government conspired 9/11 or don't respond.


Provide conclusive evidence that 19 Muslim hijackers controlled the jets on 911 or don't respond.

 


What I think is sickening is how you erroneously judge all those who question 911 and think that they believe the government is the only other group capable of conspiring 911.

That is ignorance and prejudice at its highest state.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by IsALL]



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsALL
You obviously haven't finished or passed your English class. I just told you I despise you because you erroneously judged me, not because of your beliefs. I just got done telling you that, and you failed to read and comprehend. That is an epic failure!


Just proving my point.


Originally posted by IsALL
I believe you are delusional for asking that question.


That is a non-sequitur. Perhaps instead of ad hominems, you should actually address the issue, it seems you are avoiding it for how many posts now?


Originally posted by IsALL
Provide conclusive evidence that 19 Muslim hijackers controlled the jets on 911 or don't respond.


You are shifting the burden of proof. I never claimed that at all.


Originally posted by IsALL
What I think is sickening is how you erroneously judge all those who question 911 and think that they believe the government is the only other group capable of conspiring 911.

That is ignorance and prejudice at its highest state.


Oh, so I should just accept their ridiculous beliefs? Should I not criticism them? Again, you cannot handle criticising your opinion, when someone questions your beliefs as unsubstantiated you just argue with ad hominems calling the person close minded and prejudice, very immature and hypocritical.

Everyone take a good look at how hilarious this guy's replies are. So hilarious that I don't want to bother replying to most of his JOKES.


Originally posted by IsALL
He preaches having evidence, and when I ask for it, he makes some excuse as to not provide it.


Where did I claim that? You are shifting the burden of proof again.



Originally posted by IsALL
I figured that he was so sure of his conclusion that it would be easy for him to provide evidence for his conclusion, yet he failed!


Oh the irony.



Originally posted by IsALL
I didn't say anything about the government doing anything! What you are doing is avoiding the request of evidence because you don't have anything, and YOU are using the argument from ignorance.


No, because I did not make any claims.

Again, you are avoiding the question and shifting the burden of proof, what conclusive evidence is there that the government perpetrated 9/11. Stop avoiding the question.



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Perhaps instead of consistent ad hominems (pretty much every response you have made is some form of insult) you should actually address the question. Stop avoiding it.



posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps
 


Ok, lets start over.... you obviously don't understand your errors.

Restarting now...

 


Hello, I am isALL. I have many questions regarding 911 because there is a lot about 911 you and I don't know. I don't have any conclusions regarding 911 what so ever, so don't ridicule me or call me delusional for beliefs I don't hold.

I have noticed that you claim to have evidence. Care to share your evidence?

Do you have evidence that 19 Muslim hijackers controlled the jets on 911?

Do you have any evidence of what really happened inside the WTC buildings?

I would appreciate a reply that doesn't ridicule me for having questions.

Good day.


[edit on 27-8-2010 by IsALL]



new topics

top topics



 
67
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join