It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Stewart Shows how Stupid FOX are.......Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So you are against Apple Stores within 2 blocks of ground zero as well then?

I really have a hard time grasping how this is so hard to grasp?

Community Center bad because of funding by Saudi Guy
Ergo
Fox News bad because of funding by Saudi Guy
Harvard bad because of funding by Saudi Guy
Apple bad because of funding by Saudi Guy

etc etc etc...
Stewart didnt make the argument that Fox news was bad because they were funded by a saudi guy. Fox news did make that argument. You seem to think this argument is ridiculous. I think so too. I also think it is funny, that you can use the argument against the one who made it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

If you watch his show, you'd know he's not an Obama shill as he pretty routinely made and makes fun of Obama.

Now he agrees with some of Obama's politics, but that doesn't make him a shill for Obama.

It's an ad hominem attack anyway. Notice he didn't rebut any of the points made in the video - he just attacked the person making them.

Standard attempt at misdirection/thread derailing. And it's working, since a few people are responding to him.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
My point is that Alwaleed is so greatly diversified that you can't pin the man down. I don't see any proof that Fox News was trying to deliberately conceal his connections to their parent company of Newscorp. Newscorp Owns a hell of a lot. Its no secret that he is a shareholder.

www.kingdom.net...

Anyway, is there any evidence to suggest that a deliberate failure to disclose a publicly known fact was committed by Fox? Alwaleed owns 5.7% in voting shares of News Corp.

They kept talking about him and his group, but avoided mentioning his name. Doesn't that look at least a LITTLE suspicious?

He has "bin" right in his name. Normally, they'd be saying his full name OVER and OVER and OVER again to drive home that extremely tenuous connection to bin Laden. And yet they somehow neglected to say his name even ONCE.

Even if you're giving them the benefit of the doubt, their defense would be that the didn't know. So, they're either ignorant or they're protecting him. Pick one.

THEY are the ones who are saying "follow the money." And when it leads back to them, we aren't supposed to do that any more.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Jon Stewart is an Obama Shill

You really believe that, don't you?

Stewart is a fool.

Until I witness a tiny shred of intelligence coming from your direction, this statement is dismissed.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSZodiac
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

This is nice "spin" from Stewart - and a very funny clip - but I think he, the huffington post and the OP are missing an important message from Fox here - let me preface what I'm about to say by saying that I am not a Fox viewer, and am a registered independent who voted for Obama... that having been said, I think that this is actually scores a point FOR Fox News - they are "outing" one of their own major shareholders for doing something they feel is wrong.

Frankly, this argument sounds quite desperate. It would seem that FOX finds the funding source for the mosque to be suspicious and wants the whole project under scrutiny (and possibly canceled) because of that.

However, they themselves continue to be paid and happily operate from the same source! If it's not hypocrisy, I don't know what is. If they are half serious about the issue, they should just resign en masse and be at peace with themselves.

Edited to add: I'm against the mosque. That doesn't make FOX more intelligent or legitimate than they are (which they aren't).

[edit on 27-8-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loutty
Reasons why I hate John Stewart:

He feels so smug when he brings right wing guests and uses his louder more annoying voice, and audience to control the conversation. I just watched an interview with Blago the other day and the guy couldn't get a word in edgewise.

well that isn't true.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazabel51
reply to post by Nventual

so why is it, according to polls fox news is rated as the #1 news station does murdock and the prince own the ratings orgainizations too??

just because FOX labels themselves as a "News organization" does not mean they are one.

Fox may have the best ratings of all "news" channels, but this does not mean that their viewers watch them because they are a reputable "news" channel.

i watch FOX, but not because i'm watching it for the "news". i watch them to better my skills at identifying deceit and deceptive tactics they utilize to manipulate their demographics' opinions.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Remember when Jon Stewart used to be funny?

Me neither.

Car salesmen are always trustworthy!

thanks for your opinion Carseller,
E.T.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Great video. It's things like this that make me miss TV. I miss you, Jon!

Whether FOX News is stupid OR evil is a winning argument all around, because they are clearly BOTH. What's worse, they think their viewers are as stupid as they are... And sadly, many times, they're right...

You KNOW FOX did a crapload of research for this story. They've got people scouring the Internet to trash this mosque. They HAD to have known about Murdoch's association and the Kingdom Foundation's leader. They probably just think that their viewers are too stupid to look look it up for themselves.

Go Jon! Keep exposing the truth!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

here is a tape of what i was referring to in my first post of this thread:
FOX "News" Reports File Footage as being LIVE (LIES)

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
FOX News may not be as stupid as we think. here are some of the subversive and subliminal neuro linguistical programming psyop techniques that FOX "news" utilizes to manipulate and control the thought processes of their viewers:

originally posted by NoRegretsEver
1 Interpreting Media NLP Neuro-linguistic programming

2 Interpreting Media Neuro-linguistic programming or NLP

more about how they subliminially influence (brain rape) their audience:
Subliminal Manipulation Today. can you see it?
(also in my signature)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Originally posted by tspark
I think you meant "how stupid Fox New is"
Also I wouldn't spend too much time sourcing Comedy Network for news although I have to admit they are probably correct more of the time than Media Matters or MoveOn.Org

I was reading and thought I was the only one that caught it.

I think what tspark meant to type was: "how stupid Fox News is".

not "how stupid Fox New is"

edited to add bold.

edited 2nd time to say:
I thought the same. However since the OP was referring to FOX commentaries, not FOX as a singular organization, but FOX as numerous entities within an organization, the grammar may be accurate. So, i chose to not mention it.

First edit was to add bold.
second edit was to add statement & underline

third edit was to add above two sentences.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Ouch, got me there (except your edit, not sure about that)...
The fact of the matter is they (Fox) did report it. The name thing is more than suspicious, but has anyone else reported anything other than Fox not naming who ever he is? It is wrong to build a Mosque there. The people of New York have stated they don't want it. Why force it on them just because you legally can? It is polarizing. The reason people are SOOOO mad now is because once again they are not being listened to.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by tspark]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
Has Fox ever broken any credible stories in a non-partisan manner?

Yes they have. I've been impressed with Fox of late. They seem to be getting less partisan. Here's one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was another but I couldn't find it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I could no longer edit, so I just replied to myself.

The answer is Glenn Beck's website. hmmmmm

Why would he have purchased that particular address? Once I was told of this one, I typed in every "killall_______" that I could think of and nothing, not one had a site or redirected to another site, except this one.

Clearly, I'm not saying that he supports this position. I am curious why he purchased it, why this this particular hate speech.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Soldier of God

How is he anti-American?

Because he disagrees with your political beliefs?

People like him are sent onto sites like these to say things just like that....if we ignore them they will go away...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Incidently, i think the first time i took notice of Jon Stewart was back in a David Letterman interview in February of 1996:
at 3:30 we can hear and see Jon Stewart reference the fact he worked for FOX, and even gave them a plug:

Here is where i gained an immense amount of respect for Jon Stewart and the Daily Show TEAM at Comedy Central.
i am aware that the events of 9-11 effected the globe, and all people, one way or another. But, as a firefigher in the usaf (at the time 3 years) i was deeply saddened and perminatley scarred to see a world create a situation either passively or actively where 300+ of my firefighter brothers and sisters died doing what they do. running into a burning sky scraper, risking their lives (literally) to save those whom they have never met, strangers.

One thing that helped my soul begin the healing process of forgiving and having some measure of empathy for my enemies so that i would still be willing to save the life of such strangers should i ever have to put my life on the line for one of them, was Jon Stewart's first show back after 9-11.

It brought me to tears, although in the weeks after that event, tears flowed regularly down my cheeks almost daily.

What Jon Stewart did in his first broadcast on the Daily Show after the events of September 11th, 2001, was a great service to his audience and a testament to his character and demonstrates his understanding of the responsibility to help his viewers begin recovery.

Where Jon Stewart Earned some of my respect for him

Here is where i really began respecting Jon Stewart at a whole new level:www.thedailyshow.com...
see video link above, or view below (but timing is slightly off below words/lip)

Where FOX News Lost My Respect

Fox News' John Gibson mocks Jon Stewart 9/11 response and says "America NEEDS ANOTHER 9-11"

Dear Fox News,

Why do you allow for a platform for those who promote terrorism?
Why do you allow pyschological warfare tactics on your programs?
Why do you utilize pysop tactics against your own viewers?

martial law is not overtly announced to millions via mainstream news.
this would not be an example of how martial law works.

just some sincere genuine honest thoughts,
john paul

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loutty
Reasons why I hate John Stewart:

He feels so smug when he brings right wing guests and uses his louder more annoying voice, and audience to control the conversation. I just watched an interview with Blago the other day and the guy couldn't get a word in edgewise.

Basically thats all I have for right now because the only reason I ever watch his stupid show is when I'm playing World of Warcraft and Tosh.0 ends while i'm in a raid.

What do you think ANY show on CNN does ??????????

are you serious....you just accused him of doing what others do. lol

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Remember when Jon Stewart used to be funny?

Me neither.

Remember when FOX used to report the truth ?

Me neither.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yea but the Taliban were helping people in villages too... giving them food and shelter and water and clothing....

But they were also doing horrible things too...

So you can't just ignore the facts because of them doing some good.

That is what WE are saying.....

peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join