It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insatiable Contempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You don't like Government.
You don't like the Police.
You don't like taxes.
You don't like anything that limits or takes away from you.

You say Capitalism is evil.
You say Communism is evil.
You say Religion is evil.
You say Atheism is evil.
You say Big Business is evil.
You say Big Brother is evil.
You say the average soldier is evil.
You say the average police officer is evil.

You hate everything about the world, and there is no satisfying a lust for dramatic change, no matter the cost to those around you. You protest the Government when they act on something, but when they don't act, you say they aren't doing their job.

When the Police stop someone for speeding, you call them pigs. When you see a wreck caused by speeding, you wonder why the Police did nothing to prevent it.

I agree with most people when they say big business is evil, but without big business, there would be no big jobs. If everything were communal, there would be no way to satisfy the needs of the people at this point. There are too many people.

This is not aimed at any one nation of people. This is aimed at those whom I have seen spread hatred. This is aimed to those that have nothing but the utmost contempt for anything resembling authority.

There are many levels of this. It goes from the teenagers being pissed that the "pigs" took their weed, to the middle-aged man that lost his job and yet still owes the government money; he loses his home, his livelihood.

I will not knock your reasoning if you have just cause for this hatred, but to hate it completely and for an irrational reason is just unnecessary and it solves nothing. There is no need to come here and explain yourself, I have heard it all. I just want you to really think about your reasoning, think about if your hatred has really solved anything.

Let me know what you come up with, I am curious.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
[color=414141]Subliminal Manipulation today. can you see it?
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

[color=414141]Subliminal Manipulation today. can you see it?
my hate is only justified by me when something is taking away from me something i love, or i am afraid that something has the potential to deminish or take away from me something i love.

contempt or hatred for authority?

please tell me the number of mandatory expectations (laws) i have to conform to in order to be a successful member of your society.

HOW MANY LAWS ARE THERE?

if one cannot answer that question, one might hate freedom.

if one cannot answer that question, one might be under-informed.

that is one of my perspectives on this "authority" issue.
think the law makers could write down all the laws from memory?
yet, children born today will be expected to conform to such laws, laws that number so high they will never live long enough to learn them.
Solution? pay more people to make more laws. that sounds sane.

hope this helps,
et

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I hate when people make generalizations that lump people into their own neat little category.

Think about it, and let me know what you come up with!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I have thought about it.

It is not possible to do things on an individual basis when you have a world of nearly 7 billion people.

You cannot say, "Well Joe did this, and Sally does that." It simply cannot be done if you wish to open the eyes and minds of the whole. You would have to do it for every single person, and you can imagine how chaotic that would be.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I agree, there are many laws in a country (US) that is meant to be free, but this is a battle you cannot hope to win.

I wish I could explain it better, but I am at a loss of words.

There are the laws that should be there, like against murders, rapes, fraud, and things like that; there are laws that can be there that help keep things running smoothly, like speeding regulations, parking regulations, trade regulations.

And then there are those laws that are just plain stupid that have no real point to them. I cannot think of one off the top of my head, but I know there are many out there.

You cannot have a lawless society and hope to reap any sort of benefits. Granted, a society of bottomless laws is not appealing either. In a world where people have forfeited their right to be completely free for their right to be secure, you cannot possibly hope to win on pure hatred.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I think people just want to be left alone. They want to live life how they see fit and they feel that as long as their choices don't directly affect anyone, they should be able to be left alone. I'm sure that people wouldn't be hating these things if they didn't affect them negatively.

If someone else wants to go to the ghetto and hand away all of their money, then so be it but don't take mine against my will. If you want war, then so be it. Go fight it. Don't take our sons, daughters, brothers and fathers to fight war for your profit. If you want police, then fine but allow me to protect myself if the need arises and don't harass me if I'm not doing anything wrong.

Again, it's real simple, people just want to be left alone.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

nothing but the utmost contempt for anything resembling authority.

Chicks dig guys that hate authority.

That's why I do it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0978eea0a00.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I can respect that. I too would like to be left alone, but I don't see that happening so long as I still live.

Those people that want to be left alone, they are not the ones that I am targeting here; the ones that would be happy living on their own, being able to protect themselves, and being able to do what they want within reason, they are alright.

It is the people that go onto sites like this, or onto communal sites like Facebook, or onto news articles that allow comments that spread their hate with illogical and irrational reasoning that I am targeting here.

There are a lot of those people here, though no one wants to admit it. You cannot go to a single topic without having a flame war. There is too much angst, too much contempt, and it solves nothing.

Thank you for your input

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji

It is not possible to do things on an individual basis when you have a world of nearly 8 billion people.

Exactly.

There might be reasons why people hate certain things on your list, while not minding the others.

For example, I don't have school aged children right now, but I don't mind paying taxes that I know will go to benefit students who are now in public school.

Some religions, I truely do think are evil, while some I don't have a problem with.

You see, dislike or hatred for something is not always based on a subtraction of something for me, but might be for other reasons, based on experience.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
People want the government to respect their privacy but they look to the government when they need welfare.

It is because of this that I agree with the OP - to an extent. People cannot create these situations where they are dependent on government and not expect the downside of that dependency to be a violation of their freedom. Their dependency only makes government more powerful, and when you have humans running a powerful government, it is inevitable that you will end up with greedy, power-hungry, intrusive, liberty-violating politicians.

On the other hand, I also see and sympathize with the opposing view. Government operates using our tax dollars. It is not in the least bit unreasonable to expect that this entity - which we are the rightful owners of - should be there to assist us when needed without any fear of it using it's power against us or our interests in the pursuit of it's own.

But if I could have a third hand for the sake of this post, I would ultimately blame the people. It is all of us who made this possible. Yes, government's primary function is to support the will and interests of the people, but it is our primary function as the people to make sure they are doing their job. We are their boss. Does your boss not watch what you do? Would your boss not fire you if you did something against the interests of the company? Most likely not. The same should apply in this situation. But alas, with apathy and laziness has come the very great potential of tyranny. You want to sit on your ass all day and bitch that the world is closing in on you but you stop short of actually making real change.

This is why I advocate anarchy. No government, no police, no law. Every man for himself. If you cannot fend for yourself, provide for yourself, or take care of yourself, then you will not survive. If you cannot survive, you were not meant to survive. That is the beauty of it; you either adapt to the change in your surroundings, or you die. It's as simple as that. That is life. That is what those "inferior" animal species must do in order to survive. Why can't we, with all of our supposed intelligence?

If you ever stopped to think about a life without government, you most likely thought total chaos, no food, no electricity, criminals running rampant, none of your daily conveniences that you have become so accustomed to - basically a world you would not want to live in. What you haven't considered is how that image has been implanted into your mind by the one entity that has a strong interest in keeping people ignorant of the benefits of a lawless world - government.

Stop being hypocrites and open your eyes. You basically have three choices that you must see. One, you can make change in your government system so that it begins to serve it's actual purpose. Two, you can abolish government and live in complete freedom. Or three, you can accept the fact that you're too lazy to do anything and shut the hell up and prepare to bow down to your corporate masters WHEN they completely take over. Knowing how humans - in particular Americans - operate, I'll assume you're going with option number three.

All I have left to say is: If you think this is bad, wait a few years.

[edit on 8/26/10 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not prejudiced ....

I hate everybody equally !

[edit on 26-8-2010 by radarloveguy]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Big corp makes big jobs, I do not want a big job I want to work enough to be comfortable and nothing else, I have no need for 7 houses spread across the world.
There is some merit in your post as some people fear things that do not exist or they think are there.

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Agreed we make laws about and for laws and expect you to know every single one of them.
Is this why we have lawyers that specialize?
Family law, criminal law, Etc. and still these lawyers do not know every law that is in their own arena.
Star on you.

You say,

And then there are those laws that are just plain stupid that have no real point to them. I cannot think of one off the top of my head, but I know there are many out there.

And I say
There is some merit in your post as some people fear things that do not exist or they think are there.
If there are truly many out there and this is your post but you cannot think of any of the many, what does this say?
Would that be a senseless rant for no apparent reason?
Let me know what you come up with, I am curious.

Agreed, just leave me alone and I’m fine with that.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You could not have said that better!

Everyone has their own opinions, their own culture, their own background and way of life. If it does not detriment to others, there is no need to suffer them with needless bs that often does more harm then good. Nobody is perfect, and we certainly need some laws but nobody needs to be told how to live, what to eat, where they can or cannot work, that should be up to them not an agency.

top topics

join