It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key Karzai Aide in Corruption Inquiry Is Linked to C.I.A.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

KABUL, Afghanistan — The aide to President Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan at the center of a politically sensitive corruption investigation is being paid by the Central Intelligence Agency, according to Afghan and American officials.

Mohammed Zia Salehi, the chief of administration for the National Security Council, appears to have been on the payroll for many years, according to officials in Kabul and Washington. It is unclear exactly what Mr. Salehi does in exchange for his money, whether providing information to the spy agency, advancing American views inside the presidential palace, or both.

Key aides in the Karzai government have been on the CIA pay-roll for years. Lies, within lies, within lies. Our government lies to us and squanders our taxes on useless plots cooked up by mental midgets at the DOD. What's more this also contradicts Obama's policy of rooting out corruption in Afghanistan.

“Fighting corruption is the very definition of mission creep,” one Obama administration official said.

Looks like they mean corruption which is not linked to them.

Forgot the source www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Too late, there is already a thread on this titled Karzai aide in corruption probe linked to CIA.

I was thinking about posting this too, until I saw there was already another thread on it. Granted, the thread got little attention.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Im starting to wonder if everyone is somehow linked to the CIA....

I bet if you traced my background back far enough it would somehow lead you to the CIA as well.

Not saying you should

new topics

join