It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sickening Escalation in Al Qaeda War against US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Saudi security forces appeared to act expeditiously when Friday night, June 18, hours after the decapitated body of the American engineer Paul Johnson was found in Riyadh, they killed his purported murderer, Abdulaziz al-Muqrin in a shoot-out in the capital. Not surprisingly, Al Qaeda quickly denied the death of the most prominent of their Saudi leaders. In a statement released over their affiliated Web sites, they accused the Saudis of lying.

www.debka.com...

Al Qaeda has really stepped up the number and horridness of its attacks. When are we finally (if ever) gonna tighten the noose?

[edit on 6/24/2004 by Trojanex]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
We'll just keep demolishing and paving over all the countries he is supposedly hiding in. We'll claim victories of killing al Qaeda operatives all along the way. But, we'll never find Osama or entirely wipe out the terrorists unless an oportune moment comes up such as prior to the presidential election. I doubt we will see another war though until Bush gets re-elected. It wouldn't surprise me if Kerry won either, seeing as he is also pro-Israel, and then we went after more countries.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think "we have Al Qaeda against the wall" in a manner that threaten's to erase all trace's of them. Keeping that in mind this "step-up in attack's" is an atempt to broaden their reach, as well as show they are still a threat.

I beleave we need a new tactic to combat them and root them out. I would perfer that it was, one that did not need our country men and women to be sacrificed in the proccess. A tactic that we the "United States" could use to locate "Al Qaeda' Agents" and have minimal casualtie's in the proccess.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by x121Delta
I think "we have Al Qaeda against the wall" in a manner that threaten's to erase all trace's of them. Keeping that in mind this "step-up in attack's" is an atempt to broaden their reach, as well as show they are still a threat.

I beleave we need a new tactic to combat them and root them out. I would perfer that it was, one that did not need our country men and women to be sacrificed in the proccess. A tactic that we the "United States" could use to locate "Al Qaeda' Agents" and have minimal casualtie's in the proccess.

Are you aware this thread was from 2004? And as far as I know Al Qaeda is history.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes i am aware the thead is from 2004, But some how they must still be a threat. based on the fact the us military is still using drone attacks to destroy the Al Qaeda command structure, and is to my understanding still actively searching for members of that faction. Over the last couple of years a have heard abc world news talk about the "U.S. and drone attack's" against "key Al Qaeda member's" such lead's me to beleave, even though most of Al Qaeda is gone perhaps there are still some of them out there and that they are still a considered a threat to the United State's.

Futher more as far as i know, it is still an on going battle to rid that region of popie flowers that are converted into drugs. The money from such drugs is or at one point was being used to fund Al Qaeda and their attacks on others.
edit on 22-7-2012 by x121Delta because: Added Info

top topics

join