It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Foxy Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So I'm sure I'm not the only ATS member in the UK that has noticed this. Since the coalition government was elected and came into power, the stories of urban foxes up to miscreant deeds has risen dramatically.

Now this may of course be a coincidence, but could it be something more?

We all know that many Conservative party members enjoy a good fox hunt now and then, and assertively refute any form of a ban.

There are however some rumours you may not have heard of. David Cameron was a member of an elitist group at university called the Bullingdon Club, which essentially consisted of the future ruling class of Britain.

This group, as any other club at university liked a good dinner party. However they also apparently enjoyed murdering helpless animals. Towards the end of the night after many bottles of wine, the evening's entertainment arrived. This 'entertainment' was not a scantily clad young lady as you may have imagined, but it certainly was a fox.

The helpless animal was brought into the centre of the room and beaten to death, by the baying gang of higher ups. Hard to believe? Perhaps so as it has never been definitively confirmed. This shocking revelation was revealed by the channel 4 documentary 'Dispatches: Cameron Toff at the Top' which is now mysteriously difficult to get hold of.

video.google.co.uk...#

Check out the links below for more information on the Bullingdon Club.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

whoknowswho.channel4.com...

foxinparliament.wordpress.com...

Group photo during Cameron's time at Oxford;

iconicphotos.wordpress.com...

Is there an elite connection to the fox? Does it symbolise the crafty subversive attitudes that go against the ruling class? Which must therefore be eradicated.

Or is it merely a case of urbanisation impacting on the fox's environment?

Personally being one who reads into things perhaps a little too much, I feel that the fox represents rebellion and anarchy. An uncontrollable individual, unwilling to bend to the powers that be. Most importantly an animal outsmarting the elite ruling class.

I intend this thread to be a little tongue in cheek of course, but I hope with more than a hint of the truth for good measure.

The latest addition to the mounting pressure against urban foxes;

A fox mauled an eight-week-old kitten to death in its owner's bedroom after sneaking through an open window.
Leah Betts, 23, described how she found the animal with her pet, Reggie, between its jaws.
Before she could act, it had escaped out of the window, left slightly ajar.
"I won't leave my windows open at night now and it gets really stuffy, but I'm so paranoid.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Previous articles;

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Conspiracy aside I think you'll agree this is a lot of news coverage for the urban fox. These stories constitute separate incidents.

Something that would normally be a tale passed round a few neighbours, is now published in the national media, and receiving prime time news coverage.

ATS, I await your reply...

Long live the Fox!

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
www.indymedia.org.uk...

What truth would that be? Eton-educated Cameron is a distant relative of Queen Elizabeth, and a direct descendent of King William IV and his mistress Dorothea Jordan. His family made their money in finance and grain. He attended Heatherdown Preparatory School, Eton and Brasenose College, oxford. His wife, Samatha, is the daughter of a baronet and a viscountess, and the Mail has estimated the Cameron’s combined wealth at more than £30 million.

Some interesting information about the Cameron lineage. Which can be found elsewhere but this site has a nice summary of Cameron's background and rise to Prime Minister.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
David cameron has also tried to prevent independent investigations into Conservative Party donors. In particular donors for his own 2009 Campaign. What does he have to hide I wonder?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I seriously doubt re-introducing fox hunting is the hidden agenda here.

How would reintroducing it impact upon the urban fox population? Most of these news stories involve urban foxes. I can't see anyone riding inner-city streets in their "pinks" shouting "Tally-Ho!" and "Gone away"...

The increase in the presence of urban foxes is due to the huge amount of food waste left on the streets by inhabitants. It's rare I even get to see a fox in my rural location, they usually sense me first and make tracks.

If you want to see these kind of problems dissapear, get people to stop discarding the remains of their fast food innapropriately.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chukka

The increase in the presence of urban foxes is due to the huge amount of food waste left on the streets by inhabitants

No doubt about this, it is also the cause of the massive rat population.

However hunting of urban foxes does occur. In my former local area of Sefton in Liverpool people were actively hunting urban foxes in the neighbourhood and leaving there decapitated bodies by the side of the road. I'm fairly sure this would not be the only place where this occurs. I only know about this area because I used to live there.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk...

GANGS are hunting urban foxes in a Liverpool suburb and cutting off their heads.
Over the past three months illegal lampers have descended on a quiet, residential street in Aigburth.
Accompanied by packs of dogs they head for fields next to Tramway Road, off Aigburth Road.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So although a fairly rare occurrence, it does happen and due to the anti fox sentiment supported by the media possibly increasingly so.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chukka

If you want to see these kind of problems dissapear, get people to stop discarding the remains of their fast food innapropriately.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. This is surely a logical step in reducing the fox's prevalence in a gradual and humane manner.

However I do believe that food waste over the past few years has been in steady decline. Due to the increased proliferation of both recycling and brown compost bins for food waste.

Here is another article this time from the BBC which suggests that there is some support for urban fox hunting with people actually requesting them to be trapped and shot on their property.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think that broadcasting local news and fear pieces amongst said news keeps people more concerned about their immediate surroundings. It's just another media tactic in my opinion...keeps the minds off of national/international events...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Now for the very few people who ever actually read this thread, it may appear that I have gone over board with the connection between the Tories and the saturation of Urban fox stories in the media.

Well when you combine this media coverage with the fact that Rupert Murdoch largely has his hand in the pot of the sources of these stories, it certainly adds more weight to the argument.

Here's why. Remember when I mentioned David Cameron's mysterious party donations which he didn't want people looking into? Well it turns out that Rupert Murdoch has had more than an average interest in David Cameron's political career over the years.

www.independent.co.uk...

David Cameron has been accused of making a "contract" with Britain's biggest media company to trade political support before an election for government favours afterwards if the Tories win.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Rupert Murdoch has been know for his dabbling in political funding elswhere in the states. He made a donation 1 million USD to the Republicans after the party began to move towards the right post Obama election. This is one of the largest donations ever made by a media organisation.

Now these are just the high profile donations which have been uncovered, who knows what deals have been made behind closed doors?

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.channel4.com...

Something to ponder at the very least...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Good research indeed and I certainly don't discount the history or the manipulations. I am of the opinion though that political affiliation has an effect on the media and what stories get broadcast...that said, the connection between media and political affiliation is likely very real.

An astute observation in my opinion...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well you aren't wrong there. A very good example of this recently was the woman throwing a cat in a bin. I couldn't believe the media coverage for such an event. Yes it was cruel, yes she is creepy. But the cat is fine, and the RSPCA will be taking action against her in the near future.

In the meantime we are still in Afghanistan, and it looks like we're heading for the famous 'double dipped recession.'

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Why doesn't the government introduce and promote Rat Hunts?

ooops,
heh heh,
that would probobably not work out to well for the ruling class..
sorry, bad Idea
my bad.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I think this is more apparent in the US in particular. I mean it's fairly obvious who's side Fox News' bread is buttered on. In the UK it appears to be done much more discretely, but still goes on.

I have heard rumours that the Israel lobby in particular has a large influence on the BBC, my own personal stance is to take such statements with a pinch of salt. However their outright refusal to air the Gaza aid appeal a few years ago certainly supports this theory.

www.independent.co.uk...

www.wildolive.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Interestingly it is not long before Rupert Murdoch's name turns up again when searching for the Gaza aid appeal ban.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yet another story about a fox up to no good.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Apparently this one bit a sleeping ladies ear off. It had sneaked into her house through a downstairs window she had left open. As is the case with most of these fox related stories. These people should consider themselves lucky it was only a fox that broke into their house...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hi BRL, i'd actually touched on this subject in a couple of threads following some recent fox attacks. You can read these here and here, although some people thought it was a ridiculous idea, my thoughts still stand. It does seem a little odd that as soon as the tories are back in power that foxes are suddenly a problem again.

Ill also state in this thread (as i did in others), that i do not condone the hunting or killing of foxes for sport, i do however agree that if they become a persistent problem that some control should be taken.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

I'll check those out now.

Have to say I totally agree on the hunting issue. What I mentioned above to another poster was that some groups had taken it upon themselves to carry out urban fox hunting. Basically they just rounded up a few friends with the usual staffies and pitbulls, and hunted them in the Sefton Park area of Liverpool. This is why if there numbers continue to increase dramatically there needs to be controlled hunting, by professionals. Otherwise the results are quite horrific!

edit on 11-9-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: Few letters missing

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Foxes up to no good as usual;

www.telegraph.co.uk...

An inspection report of the zoo, which is located in London's Regent's Park, revealed that 11 South African and rockhopper penguins were killed in a fox attack last year.

Other victims since January 2007 have included a flamingo, two South American mara, a kind of rodent rodents that resembles small kangaroos, and a free-range chicken.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The Telegraph has just run an article today which pretty much confirms what I have been saying all along. As soon as Tories get into power the fox attacks mysteriously started it's so obvious really.

It is hard to believe that an animal so blessed as Charlie Fox could, so casually, have chucked away his burnished image. Yet this summer he managed to do just that.

Seven hundred hours of parliamentary time in the first half of this decade was devoted to saving the bushy-tailed carnivore’s skin. He was viewed as lovable as Basil Brush, as cute as a Disney character. He was protected by an army (the Animal Liberation Front), fawned over by animal charities and bunny-huggers, and finally saved from further persecution by the law.

Then, in June, he bit and mauled baby twins as they slept in their cot in east London. And suddenly it dawned on the urban population of Britain that Basil Brush had a beastly side. He was, indeed, nothing more than a feral chav, squabbling, breeding indiscriminately and feeding off discarded buckets of KFC.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 6-11-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To change an M to N.

new topics

top topics

join