It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting story before I go........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Fisrt up , I don't know where this should be posted. Move it anywhere if necessary.

I have made my mind up to leave this site because of the direction it is going in. A big reason is the facebook development. Another big reason is the stories I am reading and particular peoples reaction.

I will give one brief example. I came on to post about how I found the story of the woman throwing the cat in the bin very odd. The fact that now people have CCTV outside their homes now. The fact the woman chose this house with the CCTV. She put a cat in a bin. Not a nice thing but I read posts on here and found what people wanted to happen to her. Why are you all so angry and full of hate. She made a mistake and people want her dead, locked up , her sick father to pass. You know, maybe she just needs someone to hold her hand. I believe there will be a lot more of this type of reaction with the facebook linkup.

Anyway , this is why I will not be coming back here.

Before I go I wish to share an expierience I have just had.

I have being doing a lot of meditation lately and looking for new expieriences. To be honest I have been looking for something for several years and hadn't found it until now. I believe I have just experienced a sort of 'out of body' journey. You can call it whatever you like. Many will label this as a wacky dream, fine. I know what it was for me.

I will do my best to explain this in words because that is all I have. Words do not do justice to what happened.

For the last few days my mind has been sending me little signals that something was coming. I lay down on my bed this morning to relax and do a little meditation. Nothing major. I noticed i was drifting quite a bit , my mind and body were spinning quite a bit and I thought this could get interesting. I also noticed a lot of distractions. itches, noises, anything to pull me out of the state I was moving into. I ignored them all. I then went to sleeep.

I believe I had to go to sleep. In my sleep I was replicating what I was doing before I fell asleep. I had to use this body in my dream and experience what I was about to happen to me because it is not possible to do so in an 'awake' state. I believe our physical bodies cannot tolerate what happened to me.

In my dream I seperated from body. I was in the place where I grew up. I asked to be shown. Then in the sky there were small crafts. They have always been there and only became visible becuase they turned on their lights. I got really scared to see this. The fear was in the pit of my stomach.I had a choice to stop but said no and forced myself to go on. I said I wanted to continue.

Then, I was travelling at great speed, faster than we know. Again, I could have stopped then but I said no and kept going. I broke through something. The next thing that hit was the noise. It was like a sledgehammer. It was part of me. It was running through me. It was unbelievable. I knew instantly that if I heard a noise like this on this planet my head would explode. Honestly. Then came the light. It was intense. Again it was running through me. The noise and the light were me or I was them or thats what we are connected to . I don't know. It was overwhelming , so intense. The light maybe had a green tinge to it. I then wanted to see who was accompanying me. They then entered me? and the color changed. That was really scary but I just had experienced too much and pulled back. I went back and woke in my dream and then woke up in reality with my mind blown. This lasted a moment but also lasted a lifetime. During this I was in a place where I had found peace. It was like I was a baby at times too. I was flying, floating, everything was there. It is so hard to try and explain. It was everything.

I will be trying to do this again. Maybe it will happen tomorrow. Maybe in twenty years. I don't know. It doesn't matter. If I learn anything knew I will come back and share more. I am not making any promises. Maybe I was only been given a peak and will not be shown again.

You can call it a dream if you like. It was not a dream for me.

I have found what I was looking for now.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm happy for you, that you found what you were looking for.
I've been through something very similar in 2001. And I didn't even need to fall asleep to experience it.

Enjoy your journey.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Thanks.

I felt I had to sleep. I feel my body in the dream was suffering pretty bad when I left it and whle I was experiencing the noise and light and travel.

I feel my body in the dream was pushed to breaking point.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It is your choice to make of course, but let me tell you this:

What was once a small and almost secret part of your life is becoming mainstream step by step. Which is good IMO.
The anger that bothers you will not go away if you leave ATS. Walking away will not help you.

Great that you found what you were looking for. :up

However if it is the anger that drives you away, I've got to tell you that you ain't seen nothing yet.

That lady didn't joke or play around by the way.

She grabbed a cat while looking around if nobody is watching and threw the cat in the bin.

Please trust that when I say that woman is a lunatic and that shoe should be in the bin as long as the cat was. There is not an inch of hate coming from me.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yes, it`s very true, the anger and hate expressed by some members on ats is reflective of some people`s intelligence.

I love that you had that experience, and I wish you all the best.

ATS is going mainstream now with facebook, and the ignorance levels will soar, and conspiracy theorists and believers will certainly earn their status as a lunatic fringe paranoid subsection of society.

The truth is, the truth is there always, but when truth attains a culture, it quickly becomes muddied.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

why do people always want to punish those who have made a mistake. why are people content when another is punished.

I have never understood this.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
why do people always want to punish those who have made a mistake. why are people content when another is punished.

What if it were a human baby? If that would be more than merely a "mistake", why are you so conceited as to judge life that looks different to be worth less than human life, when in fact a human has no more value than a microbe on a universal scale?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I totally understand and agree with you about leaving this site. The connection with facebook will only fuel the mainstream conspiracy (the only way to kill a conspiracy movement is flooding it with other more spectacular conspiracies) and well yeah facebook.... the slogan between the lines would be Expose yourself. So the connection deny ignorance - please expose yourself seems a bit ironic.. but that's me i'm just a dumbass.

For the second part I would like to thank you. I had a similar experience years ago, but what for me was striking, this is hard to explain, was that "several" things like the extremes of light and sound were happing at the same time but not in a single existence. It was like being there at several places at the same time, while I could get an overview I could "see" several energy-sources communicating with each other and I felt being split up again to be the several energy-sources and then, yeah, becoming one again...
I totally forgot about that due to some recent life changing happings and because of this it came back, so thank you.

spelling edit

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

What if it were a human baby? If that would be more than merely a "mistake", why are you so conceited as to judge life that looks different to be worth less than human life, when in fact a human has no more value than a microbe on a universal scale?

You are making a lot of assumptions about me in this brief comment.

I cannot discuss the points you are raising above becuase I do not want to offend people.

Something I will share with you that may give you an insight. I am seeing more and more children being charged with serious crimes. Some people believe if it can be shown that a child knows right from wrong they can be charged for crimes.

A child who commits a serious crime is not guilty. They are a victim of the ridiculous society we have created around them.

People are just set in their ways. They do what their parents did and what their grandparents did. There is no progress.

Could you forgive anybody who has hurt you in the past or must you get vegence or punishment first?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

maybe the cat is in a higher spirtual place and has already forgiven the woman?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

To answer your question.

A mistake is a mistake, throwing cat in a bin after you thoroughly looked around you if there was nobody watching... No mistake in my book. If it was a mistake she would have returned to free the cat.

This is what a pro says about it:

There is a school of thought that holds that no person is evil, that only acts may be properly considered evil. Psychologist and mediator Marshall Rosenberg claims that the root of violence is the very concept of "evil" or "badness." When we label someone as bad or evil, Rosenberg claims, it invokes the desire to punish or inflict pain. It also makes it easy for us to turn off our feelings towards the person we are harming. He cites the use of language in Nazi Germany as being a key to how the German people were able to do things to other human beings that they normally would not do. He links the concept of evil to our judicial system, which seeks to create justice via punishment — "punitive justice" — punishing acts that are seen as bad or wrong. He contrasts this approach with what he found in cultures where the idea of evil was non-existent. In such cultures, when someone harms another person, they are believed to be out of harmony with themselves and their community, are seen as sick or ill and measures are taken to restore them to a sense of harmonious relations with themselves and others.

Me ? I replied in the heat of the moment. I just read about it. I would not hurt her, but that bin would have been a good punishment for a day.
I can not tolerate people that harm other peoples pets, or wild animals, just for the fun of it.

A fine isn't just gonna cut it. Besides I love cats more then I do some people

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

this is hard to explain, was that "several" things like the extremes of light and sound were happing at the same time but not in a single existence. It was like being there at several places at the same time, while I could get an overview I could "see" several energy-sources communicating with each other and I felt being split up again to be the several energy-sources and then, yeah, becoming one again...

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Dumbass]

yes, there was definitley a lot going on at once. its really impossible to do justice with words. the sound and light expierence was seperate but like you said seemed to be happening at the same time.

have you not tried again?

I feel I must totally and utterly surrender to 'our source' or whatever it is when this is happening. Its not easily done.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I don't know much about you, that's why I used "if" rather than stating it as established fact.

I understand what you're trying to say-- that they are but children who are but too ignorant to know they do. However, parents do have a responsibility to assist in teaching them that actions have consequences and not every pattern is a moral choice. As children so often do when they know what they're doing is trouble, they attempt to do things behind their parents' backs.

As to forgiveness, I've forgiven others. The forgiveness is really is for one's own sanity and not an excusing of another's actions. Yes, there's a difference. Your small trip to the strange reality amusement park is not the end of the road by any means. There's still much to learn. If you continue to believe you have all figured out on account of one minor, mind blowing experience, you're heading down a dark path; it happens to many and that's what the warnings in those books against this sort of exploration are about. Not everyone can handle it and maintain integrity. 'Tis better to guide them like sheep than let them know their power before they're ready.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

He contrasts this approach with what he found in cultures where the idea of evil was non-existent. In such cultures, when someone harms another person, they are believed to be out of harmony with themselves and their community, are seen as sick or ill and measures are taken to restore them to a sense of harmonious relations with themselves and others.

The end of your quote there is exactly the way I think and always have. it makes perferct sense to me. Am I insane for thinking like this?

Imagine if we were able to approach life like that.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

I don't know much about you, that's why I used "if" rather than stating it as established fact.

I understand what you're trying to say-- that they are but children who are but too ignorant to know they do. However, parents do have a responsibility to assist in teaching them that actions have consequences and not every pattern is a moral choice. As children so often do when they know what they're doing is trouble, they attempt to do things behind their parents' backs.

As to forgiveness, I've forgiven others. The forgiveness is really is for one's own sanity and not an excusing of another's actions. Yes, there's a difference. Your small trip to the strange reality amusement park is not the end of the road by any means. There's still much to learn. If you continue to believe you have all figured out on account of one minor, mind blowing experience, you're heading down a dark path; it happens to many and that's what the warnings in those books against this sort of exploration are about. Not everyone can handle it and maintain integrity. 'Tis better to guide them like sheep than let them know their power before they're ready.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by EnlightenUp]

I understand what you are saying about forgivenss. I am not too bothered about the whole idea of forgiveness. I can't blame people for their actions. Most people are too easily manipulated. I'm not going to get into a debate on this , its just the way I am.

I am well aware of the fact that I know absolutely nothing. I never said I had anything figured out.

All I have learned is that there is nothing to fear anymore. You can show me whatever books and warnings you like. From what I was shown there is nothing to fear.

I have read a lot of books. Listened to a lot of teachers. I do listen a lot. Proabaly the most important thing you can do on this planet.

But after all that, the wisest words I heard were from a comedian. He summed it all up by stating that no one really grows up. Adults really are just big kids. Some dress up in fancy suits and nice shoes and pretend they know whats going on. But thats all they are doing. Pretending. They don't know anymore than the kids.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I was just stating the real meaning behind what is printed that people use as a justification to burn witches and such. I've read books and had experiences since I was very young. Maybe the novelty just wore off early.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Cool.

The thing I am finding with the books is that everybody has their own answers and the way that worked for them.

I am coming to a conclusion that we already have all the answers we need and we just have to look inside and we will find the keys waiting for us.

I am at this a few years and am still only at the start. I could probably survive many decades on what I have being shown but i am a very curious person.

Curosity killed the cat and maybe me to.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Congratulations on your new discovery about yourself.
May it be the beginning of a fantastic adventure.

Why be so quick to leave this forum?

I despise Face book and feel it would only cheapen my experience here if I had not removed my account from FB a few months ago.

Maybe it was a good marketing move and will enhance profits for ATS but Im afraid ATS will change in a bad way.

But I'm not going to run away and not see this new deal through to the end.

As far as the cat incident.....I did not even read the first post. It did not interest me. It wasn't the first weird thread here and it won't be the last.

Yes, I am disappointed about the FB and ATS joint venture. But I'm not ready to quit until we see what happens in a few months.

Yes, I love animals and would like to hurt those humans that are cruel to any animal but I will certainly not let a tread about a cat stop me from coming top the site I very much enjoy.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thanks.

Facebook is all about having followers. The southpark episode on FB explained it perfectly. It wil probably be another 12 months before it fully infects ATS.

Anyway. facebook is the excuse I can use.

I have got a decent amount of information from ATS. Its being helpful. Its also shown me I may not just be as crazy as I thought I was.

I am being pulled away from the site. I always know when I am being pulled away or drawn to something. I am being told to wind it up here. I am waiting on a response from one other person on the site and then I will be off.

I do promise to try and return if I feel I have something siginificant to share.

(sorry , noticed you said why be so quick to leave. I have been here for years. my date of registering is just for this name. forgot several passwords.)

[edit on 31-8-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I suppose I'll continue to ignore the existence of Facebook just like I always did. Personally, I haven't noticed anything different so far other than some disgruntled posters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join