It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is backing Ground Zero mosque developer, Sharif El-Gamal? (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This guy has a very interesting history. Sharif's sudden rise from Waiter in 2002 to real estate mogul is very puzzling. He laid down nearly $5 million in CASH for the controversial Park 51 site that is slated for the new Islamic Community Center and Mosque.

Lets follow the money in this enlightening report.

Is this little fella acting as a money laundry machine?

Quite interesting. Always follow the money trail!!!

[edit on 26-8-2010 by jibeho]

Edit to correct date to 2002 not 5 years ago when this fella was a waiter.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me.

In April 2007 Sharif El-Gamal and his wife buy a $1 million dollar apartment on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. In early 2009 Sharif El-Gamal as SOHO PROPERTIES spent $45.7 million for a 12-story Chelsea office building at 31 West 27th Street Manhattan NY. In April 2002 Sharif El-Gamal was waiting tables at Serafina’s Restaurant in New York City for minimum wage and tips.

Sammy and Sharif El-Gamal of SOHO Properties have been throwing around $$$ Millions of dollars in cash, buying apartments for themselves and expensive Manhattan Commercial buildings, where does the cash come from ?????

I still wonder why they first wanted it to call the Cordoba house.

More weird information.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
www.cordobainitiative.org.../frequently-asked-questions

A real estate developer, Sharif Gamal, was a member of Imam Feisal’s congregation and suggested that a building located at 51 Park Place. might be a good location for the future community center. That was the beginning of the plan. Before any fundraising begins, a new non-profit organization will be formed to raise funds and organize the community center.

When reading this, I wondered about who Sharif Gamal was. I also wondered how long he was a member of Imam Feisal's congregation.

Thanks for posting the video.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Funny, where does the claim that he was a waiter 5 years ago come from? From everything I've read, he's been in real estate since the 1990s. He was born in Brooklyn and his mother is Polish. His father is Egyptian.

Did you know his company also owns a $45M investment on West 27th Street? Here are some recent articles about him.

blog.beliefnet.com...

www.google.com...

www.observer.com...

[edit on 8/26/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yes, why name it after a city where Muslims, Jews and Christians lived in peace next to each other during the middle ages?
Or maybe it was because Austria defeated Germany in Soccer in Cordoba in 1978? Thats it Folks! It is an Austrian Triumph Mosque to mock the Germans!

gotmedieval.blogspot.com...

But can we really trust Fox in this context? I mean that saudi guy has the biggest share outside the Murdoch family in News Corp.
My theory is this: Resistance to the Community Center of Death, just 2 blocks away from city hall, will make recruiting jihadis easier. Also thanks to this discussion the Saudi Monrachs, should someone demand religious freedom can just point to new york and say "See, not even the US has religous freedoms." All things that greatly help that saudi guy, who just happens to hold 7% of News Corp, the biggest share held outside the Murdoch family. Also Fox News just "donated" 1 Million Dollars to the Republican Governors Organisation. And what happens pretty much concurrently? Republicans begin making a fuss about the Community Center of Death, being built too close to City Hall.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Also: you guys really don't see this?
"reportetly born to"

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
FoxNews forgot to mention how foxnews is also funding the mosque developer. Imagine that...foxnews purchasing its own news story.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The actual report indicates that he last waited tables in 2002 at Sarafina. I corrected the OP to reflect that. The Fox host originally said 5 years ago but the report indicated 2002. Someone, has math issues...

Sharif is 37 years old. He would have graduated High School in 1991. He then was in and out of at least 4 colleges and traveled abroad. According to him he entered real estate in the late nineties but failed to mention his other gigs including leasing apartments on commission and waiting tables. His brother was apparently a waiter also.

No one knew anything about this guy until mid July when this story broke. Some information is based solely on interviews with him personally. But, were the appropriate questions even asked ?

Some reporters dug deeper to find out about his gig as a waiter. Apparently, his co workers and former managers were interviewed. Someone needs to ask the man directly to see if he refutes or confirms his work history.

Apparently, his company only owns half of the property needed to complete the project. They have lied by indicating that they own the entire piece of land needed.

The developers of the controversial mosque proposed near Ground Zero own only half the site where they want to construct the $100 million building, The Post has learned.

One of the two buildings on Park Place is owned by Con Edison, even though Soho Properties told officials and the public that it owns the entire parcel. And any potential sale by Con Ed faces a review by the state Public Service Commission.

Daisy Khan, one of the mosque’s organizers, told The Post last week that both buildings on Park Place are needed to house the worship and cultural center.

www.nypost.com...

Con Ed can't sell anything without a review by the Public Service Commission. It will cost Sharif another $10-20 million to buy out Con Ed if approved.

Why the mystery??

new topics

top topics

join