It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Against Illegals? You Are Anti America!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

That is why I feel if you are Pro America, then it should be a source of pride and comfort to you that your strong beloved compassionate country can do a fine job of supporting not only its own people but show the world we care about ALL who enter our doors.

Ok, how are we able to do this? There are many states, and cities that are in a financial crisis right now, because we can't even afford to take care of our own right now! Unless you have been living uder a rock in your beloved country, you know this!

If you disagree, then you must be anti America, for the reasons I laid out.

Yes, I guess in your mind, that makes me, and everyone else who finds your theory wrong, anti-American!
Yet we are taking care of our own. Our country still stands, and even our homeless have it better than most citizens of foreign countries.

We have a strong wonderful country here in America, and America's compassion for the underdogs, whether it be illegals or Hatians, should make all Americans proud that even in this piss poor economy we as a Nation a Great nation are still able to provide for so many.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
hotbakedtater, I admire your positive outlook, but I'm sorry to say it's totally delusional. You seem to be living in the past when the US wasn't in the rut it is in now. 15 years ago I would have agreed with you, but when more and more people are losing their jobs and houses everyday, I can't support throwing OUR citizens aside for illegals.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If our country is so weak why are people willing to risk coming here illegally to live in it?

I know my country is strong, otherwise we would not be able to survive.

On her worst day, America is still stronger than most if not all other countries.

And to be able to take in and have with in herself people from all over the world, to be able to give these people a life they could not get in their homeland, that does make me proud, and it shows my country is strong.

Weakness is easily sensed by those who would exploit it.

We may not survive. You ever watch the news? Read history books? Listen to what the other 6 billion people on the planet would like to do to our economy/country?

We are in Americas worst day and it will continue to get worse from here on.

America is (once again) only as strong as she is because of hundreds of billions in borrowed cash. No, we aren't strong. We're on borrowed money and borrowed time.

GIVING people a life is the main reason we are in the situation we are in. Our benevolent travesty of a government keeps on GIVING away what is not theirs to give.

As far as your original contention.

You are still wrong.

Being anti-illegal alien isn't anti American.
No matter how proud you happen to feel.

As a matter of fact. I wonder if delusional declarations like yours don't make YOU anti-American.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hiring an illegal human is a crime and criminal. I put my efforts into villainizing the REAL criminals not the humans doing slave work for peanuts.

What? Hiring an illegal, is illegal? Two illegal things, whooda thunk it. So then, it`s not right to break a law, to hire someone who is breaking a law? Then, maybe, to stop those illegal companies from hiring illegal people who are here, maybe we should not allow illegal people to come here in the first place. No illegal people here, no illegal people being hired.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I am not American nor would i ever want to be American.

I am also not anti-American.

I am anti Border.... NO one owns this Earth...Borders are non existent...Borders are what wars are made of.

We are all people of this Earth....and this Earth belongs to all people.

If i feel like travelling to any place on this great planet i will do so by whatever means is necessary.

I am not breaking any laws by roaming this planet to which i was born.

I was not born to a country i was born to this Earth.

Therefore no border laws apply.

I will continue to travel the world and i will continue to go places where i am told i am not allowed to go.

laws were created by man to control man...and if people think that laws are are for our own good think about it.

i applaud people whom aer willing to risk everything to go places that stop them from being persecuted by the LAWS of their country.

i am an immigrant and i have lived legally and illegally in many countries.

i have never used..or abused the systems i have lived in.
I have always had to work very very hard for anything i have gotten.
I have helped many people that have been down and out and have assisted them onto better more fullfiling lives.

the strange thing is i am Canadian...and that has many advantages.

i now live in the UK (legally)

but there was a time i was illegal....just as i had lived in the US Illegally.

i have also lived in New Zealand and Singapore.

People who live illegally would much rather live legally and be contributing to society but when someone is not educated,have a skilled trade,healthy,
they all of a sudden become a lower human being(load of crud).

There is a great saying...walk a mile in another mans shoes.

lots of people seriously get jealous of an immigrant(illegal or legal) because they often surpass the locals in their work ethics as they know that they will have a better life than the one they came from through hard work.

Now if your illegal....what are they really using the system for...they work in fear, they live in fear, they are afraid at any moment they will be ripped from their families by immigration officers.

or they live in fear as they get abused by the same employers that dont hire locals cause they know they can get away with under paying these people and they can treat them as slaves through fear.

I have nothing but compassion for hard working immigrants who get treated like the dirt on other peoples shoes cause they are trying for a better life...and the same countries they run to are the very same countries whom set up companies in their countries, use them as cheap labour,work them like slaves so that we in the west can consume the very products that they produce and then we have the nerve to deny them access to a better life.

Shame on people who think they derserve more than the next human being cause of where they originate from because they had the BALLS to dare come to a country where they might...JUST might be able to provide their family with a better means of survival.

So in my opinion a proud American would be an American who would bend over backwards to lend a helping hand.

but i will go one step further ....A proud human being is a human being that shows compassion for those less fortunate and gives a helping hand up in this hard unforgiving world we live in.

I just love how people are brainwashed by LAWS many laws have been changed cause they have been broken and not all laws are correct.

one Day it would be nice if we would all just stop being a nationality and just become HUMAN.

so from one HUMAN to another HUMAN

PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP TO ALL

Please Let Us Be Enlightened.

we are one race
the HUMAN RACE.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

They do enrich my life, every time I eat in my great country, I have an illegal to thank for my bounty. From steak to salad, do not think the feast you and I are so lucky to put in our bellies tonight did not first pass through the hand of an illegal, hired by a criminal to put food on our table at slave wages.

Have you ever heard of guilt by association? An ILLEGAL is already a criminal, because they are here ILLEGALLY! If they go to work for a crminal that hires them ILLEGALLY, that makes them twice the criminal as the person who hired them!

They all need to be held responsible for CRIMINAL activity!

edit quote fix

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I find you logic... illogical.

I'm not opposed to immigration. We are a nation built on immigration.
But I oppose illegal immigration.

We need to regulate who is allowed to come into our county. When our economy needs workers then lets allow immigration.

When our economy is shrinking, we don't need more workers, so don't allow immigration at that time.

It's rather simple.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Do you wanna know why many should be anti-illegal, because they're dying yea that's right and who gives a rats behind about it. Why has the demise of illegals been reduced to slave wages? just read were 70 bodies were found who were illegals, did you know that when they cross by boat if it turns over they become shark bait? But who really cares right everything is reduced to how to make a quick buck these days. If you really care about HUMAN LIFE prove it. By helping in mexico where they're dropping like flies due to slave wages, drug cartels, and poverty. Why don't we help? last I heard a mayor was tooken out his home and killed probally mafia style, who's next? you care so much put that out there work to help them right there inside MEXICO and not to leave there to come here to more poverty(slave labor). Really help the people where a price tag isn't involved. Yes there humans and they risk their life to get here, what happens when they don't make it, let's see umm rape, robbed, oh yea killed. That's what you want keep supporting it! If we truly hold a partnership with mexico then shouldn't we be REAL friends, everyone don't want to leave there kids and family behind to come here, what about them. Oh yea I see we wash our hands of it because its over there and not here. How naive they come everyday do you really know the backgrounds can you really look at them and tell who's good verse bad. That sounds like the very reason they didn't want the Arizona law passed racial profiling. So since you can't really tell whats what, why support any of it. Why not help in a much more productive way for all, risking lives, being looked upon as law breakers, little rights and much more. There has to be a better solution starting right there in MEXICO!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think your theory is absolutely wrong and has absolutely no logic behind it. I am pro-American. I am pro-immigration. I am anti-ILLEGAL immigration.

First let me ask you this, OP: How are you the proud giving American you are, helping all those poor illegals? Are you letting them stay in your home? Are you feeding them and clothing them? If not, then why? Do you believe that is someone else's responsibility?

Because I believe anyone who is PRO illegal immigrants and wants Americans to welcome illegals with open arms, who does not welcome them into their own home to clothe feed and put a roof over their heads until they can support themselves is a hypocrite.

If you want to take care of them, go for it. But I refuse to support my money being given to those who come here illegally. While I support people coming from other countries, I strongly support there being control on it.

Our economy can barely support the LEGAL residents, much less the illegals.

[edit on August 26th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
One other thing...American=European origin whom came over and slaughtered Thousands of the true Americans(Natives). Stole the very land they lived on and called it their own, then Put them onto reservations.

Yes proud to be American when now at this juncture in time to deny others the very right to do the same.

History is a repetitive beast.

and this apllies to many many countries so dont get your knickers in a knot America.

Canada=Europeans who came over and killed many thousands of Canaidans(natives) and took it for their own

Australia=Europeans who came over killed many thousands of Australias(Aboriginals) and took it for their own.

New Zealand=Europeans who came over and and killed many thousands of New Zealanders(Maori) and took it for their own.

but true

so lets all stand on our moral highgrounds of how great we are and just stick it too the less fortunate.

one day humans might learn from all our mistakes then we can start to all get along and move ahead as the HUMAN RACE.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jayde

SO well said JAyde i gave you a star for that....

nice to see there are some compassionate openminded outward thinking individuals out there.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
One other thing...American=European origin whom came over and slaughtered Thousands of the true Americans(Natives). Stole the very land they lived on and called it their own, then Put them onto reservations.

Those natives migrated from Asia across the Bearing land bridge, and from South and Central America, so let's not start with the "true" American stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I am a nice fellow. so dont say I AM UN AMERICAN BECAUSE I AM AGAINST ILLEGAL ACTIONS THAT CIRCUMVENT THE INTEGRITY OF THE USA AND ITS ECONOMY.
So yes, fos is the most i could get away with.
dont assume and we wont attack.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yet we are taking care of our own.

With borrowed money, and on borrowed time.

Our country still stands, and even our homeless have it better than most citizens of foreign countries.

Huh? People with no job, no roof over their heads, and very little if anything to eat, and they have it better? Ooook, if you say so.

We have a strong wonderful country here in America, and America's compassion for the underdogs, whether it be illegals or Hatians, should make all Americans proud that even in this piss poor economy we as a Nation a Great nation are still able to provide for so many.

How great and wonderful will you think it would be, if it crashes? How long can we continue as a country, to borrow more and more from other countries, than we can ever pay back? So, how much more money should this country borrow, to keep illegal people here? A million, a billion, a trillion? Where and when does it stop? Our government is just like a kid with a new credit card, rack up the debt big time, and no way to pay it all back. And you think we should add to this fiscal burden with illegal people?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Yea that's it play the sympathy role, why not keep the slaughtering going two wrongs in your book must be right. NO I say let's not, you talk about lives that were took by Europeans, accept slaughter my friend has been around since the beginning of time how do you think the Spaniard's are considered to be the Mexicans conquers? Many speak the language of there conquers ain't that something, what about Africans, chinese ( by japan), Jew's at. You don't get it we'd have to invite the whole world over and we all know the legal tax payers and wealthy will foot the bill. A better solution PERIOD! because if they don't make it over safely "shark bait" like waiting targets for violence, besides Mexican police were quick to rush over here, when at home Mexicans are done much, much worse by other Mexicans how do they feel about that? if you wanna help, you can start by helping them secure there country.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

There you said it with your own words......

and once again did i just state just America...So please lets not start with the Egocentricity.

the point is whose planet is this....but, iguess you might just believe it belongs to America by your response.

but i expected that response to come.....rather than to look at the bigger picture.

But i think soon people will look at the bigger picture...just hope we dont destroy the planet before it is too late.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jayde

you know what Jayde i was agreeing with you...but now i think i will take it back....lol

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by eNumbra

There you said it with your own words......

and once again did i just state just America...So please lets not start with the Egocentricity.

the point is whose planet is this....but, iguess you might just believe it belongs to America by your response.

but i expected that response to come.....rather than to look at the bigger picture.

Don't put words in my mouth; and don't assume you know anything about my viewpoints that I haven't explicitly shared.

This planet of course belongs to all people and we should all be free, the same natural rights should be shared by all of this planet. But as long as there are leaders and any in position of power who seek to subjugate others borders do have to exist.

America used to welcome immigrants with open arms because it was understood that America was a land of opportunity; where hard work paid off. Perseverance and strength of character could lift the most oppressed and impoverished peoples to great and fulfilling lives in the great republic.

But America has become a wretched welfare state of a nation: its constitution violated by the ones elected to protect it, only elected through lies and deceitful campaign tactics. Politicians throw around money as handouts, promising to solve everyone's problems as the Federal Reserve continues to destroy the currency.

More deficit, more welfare, more handouts: this is not America.

I don't believe America belongs to anyone, it belongs to everyone.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

so i call automated phone systems occasionally and get this:

"press one to speak english"

i thought we already decided this a couple hundred years ago. Why even bother saying this in english in the first place? If one does not speak english then they probably do not know what was said anyways

this is one thing i do not like.

other than that, we are all one big family, of an extended version type.

No hablo espanol,
et

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

oh god.....

another one of "these" threads

I pay taxes, and I dont like people taking advantage of me.

Standing up for what you believe in is in my eyes more American than allowing some people to break the law and look the other way while my health insurance, car insurance, and general cost of living skyrockets.

I truly thought we had already beat this topic into the ground many times....

There are people who are pro-illegals, and people who despise the notion.

You're not going to change anyones mind by calling them "anti-american"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join