It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Against Illegals? You Are Anti America!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

badgerprints,

Our country is no longer strong. It is a false strength borrowed from abroad in the form of trillions in money we will never be able to repay.

So you are linking the strength of your country to the amount of money it holds??? D*mn, you guys really are half way down the drain, aren't you??

What ever happened to the strength of your country (at least, it's people) because of it's believes and moral standards...??

Nope, it's all about money nowadays....

(Or at least the perception that it is all about money)

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

There's only one term you can accurately use to describe a block of people...HUMAN. And while I do realize this, I still have very strong feelings on the issue of Illegal Immigration. Their blatant disregard for our language, our lifestyles, our laws...etc. I mean, if I were going to move to France because it IT was the "Land of Opportunity", I'd learn the language, abide the laws and do everything I could to assimilate to that way of life, it's just common courtesy.

But the majority of hispanics living here (not just my community but this country) refuse to speak the language, refuse to even attempt to go through legal channels to be here, and will drive (horrendously) down our roads flying THEIR nation's flags, they don't pay taxes...the list goes on.

But, no, I can't point a finger at EVERY illegal hispanic that happens to be here. I actually had a friend (who worked at that plant with me) who's uncle was here legally and owned a restaurant in town. My husband at the time, and I would go over to his house on Sundays and he'd cook us dinner. We'd known him and hung out with him for months before we found out he'd bought his identity for $800 before moving here and was not here legally. I was torn. I knew he was a good guy...real funny, etc. But he told us, straight up, that US dollars go very far in Mexico. An income of $400/mo could "let a family live like royalty" in his home-town. So he and his brothers came here, moved in with the legal Uncle and sent 1/2 their paychecks back home to support their families.

It's a sensitive issue on both sides of the fence (no pun intended), with our economy as shaky as it is we really can't afford to keep leaking all this money out of the bottom...but as a human being I understand the motives. I'm not against Immigration...but if they want to keep America the Land of Opportunity, they need to do it the right way and lift her up instead of piling on and weighting her down.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hey it is all about money, until we do away with that system, that's all we have; and while we are all (the citizens of this fair country) being raped and pillaged of it on a daily basis, then that fact shows that America has certain standards for the rest of the world than what it upholds for it's own citizens, which is hypocritical and abusive, I mean remember they're using OUR money to bail out the banks and the corporations, and displacing thousands of legal citizens to tent cities, but, sure hey, give it all away; rob Peter to pay Paul...we don't care, if we do then we're anti american??? EPIC FAIL!!!!!

Badger I gave you a star. What you said is exactly how I feel about the whole situation.

This unbalancing act cannot substain us much longer, that is IT IS GOING TO COLLAPSE if these things aforementioned above continue to happen, including letting the illegals overrun our homeland. It is dangerous. Do you all not recall history, our own history, the Native Americans accepted our immigration here from Brittain with open homes and open arms, didn't quite work out so well for them did it? Should we go the way of the native americans, do we not learn anything from the past? Remember a great man once said "those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it" Only this time WE are the ones being raped and pillaged, eh, but maybe we have it coming, who am I to argue with Karma? Or I could say it is not our Karma, the reason the take over of the native Americans happened was to teach us what happens with open borders!

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Unfortunately my friend,
Yes. it is that bad. Most of the population is living in a dreamworld where some politician will come along and take care of them if they just vote for the right slimeball.

Also,
The taxes taken from citizens don't even cover handouts from the government and interest on what we owe. The rest of the world has hundreds of billions a year in handouts and military support from the "USA" but the citizens are hammered on taxes and marginalized as threats to the present administration because they don't agree with millionaire politicians and billionaire bankers and businessmen.

Yes.
It is that bad.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Believing the laws of my country should be followed by those wishing to move to my country does not make me anti anything. Immigration is not the problem. People who have so little respect for my country that they feel they can just ignore our immigration laws are. Breaking the law is generally speaking not the best way to start your life in a new country.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by hotbakedtater

hotbakedtater,

Great thread
S+F

You see the problem I have is that between all the illegal immigrants coming to a country there are always one or two that actually have a good excuse for entering the country illegal.

Therefor you cannot dismiss an entire group of people because they did something illegal. You do have to separate and screen them but you have the obligation (ethically) to take them in if they need shelter.

There are always one or two that actually have a good excuse for entering the country illegally? Really, you don`t say? I would bet, there are thousands of people out here that break laws everyday that have a "good excuse" for breaking traffic laws, and when they get caught, they get a ticket. Many for stealing food, when they get caught, they either pay a big fine or go to jail. For stealing money, it`s just jail for them. Why aren`t these people screened? Because, they broke a law, simple as that. There are far better ways of getting the things you want in life, than breaking laws to get them.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have to admit that being from the Netherlands we get our fair share of illegal immigrants. Now most come here for the money but we also have our share of people running from a regime that was going to put them to death simply for expressing their opinion or having a sexual preference that isn't allowed by their government.

I can understand that some people just do not have the time or resources to apply for a legal status and have to choose between either being put to death or break the law....

What would you do...??

It is just that I am very very very careful with labeling certain groups of people just because they have something in common.

Muslims
Illegal immigrants
homosexuals
etc.

Crude categories and hasty generalizations are a bad thing....

A star for all your replies, I did not know things were that bad!!!

Peace

[edit on 26-8-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

That is why I feel if you are Pro America, then it should be a source of pride and comfort to you that your strong beloved compassionate country can do a fine job of supporting not only its own people but show the world we care about ALL who enter our doors.

Ok, how are we able to do this? There are many states, and cities that are in a financial crisis right now, because we can't even afford to take care of our own right now! Unless you have been living uder a rock in your beloved country, you know this!

If you disagree, then you must be anti America, for the reasons I laid out.

Yes, I guess in your mind, that makes me, and everyone else who finds your theory wrong, anti-American!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i support illegal visitors making the effort to eventually become legalized, taxpaying citizens like the rest of us. if you want the benefits - then you can damn well become part of the club - and everyone is eligible, no discrimination!

remaining an illegal is, well, not a very American thing to do, IMO. it is criminal in any country on this Earth.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I think that being invaded by some thirty million illegal aliens, while having thirty million unemployed doesn't make any sence.
Especially when you get stopped at the northern boarder and not allowed in just because you don't know for certain what store you are going to shop at.

Essential to being an American is being a law abiding citizen...
"Illegal" invaders, ooops excuse me, "immigrants" fulfill that requirement how?

PS
the huns, the mongols, the romans, the germans, the japanese, the barbarians that sacked rome, etc, were different from the 30 million illegal immigrants how?
Well they are different in the majority of them are living life just like you and me, working, raising a family, contributing to the economy by spending thier wages, paying taxes (yes illegals are taxed all the time, every purchase they make generates tax income), being coworkers and friends.

Those other situations you describe are describing a different topic altogether.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SM2
part of what makes America great, at least in my opinion, is that we are "A nation of laws, not of men". So, if your first act upon entering the USA is to break a few laws, then in my opinion, you need to be deported.
Now let me clarify, I am not anti immigrant, we need immigrants, I welcome immigrants. How could anyone want to persecute a person for trying to better their own, or their family's life? There is a proper and legal way to come to this country, and to let the illegals in and not hold them to the same standards as anyone else who breaks the law of the land is distinctly anti american. As America is supposed to be "equal justice for all". The illegal immigrants also cheapen the accomplishment of those that do work hard to come here legally.

Illegals are held to the same if not higher standard than a true born American.

They are expected to show up for work woith the american criminals who hired them, and if not they are fired like their coworkers.

The higher standard comes in more work is expected out of illegals, at MUCH lower pay. That is an awfully higher standard than regular Americans are held to.

Nothing anyone else does cheapens anything I do, so that is only true if you allow anothers hard work and experiences to cheapen your own.

There are millions of illegals here and every day my life is enriched by them being here.

For my country to be able to absorb and keep so many that are not her own, shows how mighty and strong she is.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
you are fos. I dont like illegals, because they are doing it illegally. if they came here the rright way, I wouldnt mind. get your info straight.
my grandparents , and father had to register, and file for residency and citizenship to come here, so should they.

i dont like the system. not the people. b amaerican you wanna be

Just because a human does not have a piece of paper does that make their honest days labor any less worthy? Does that dollar their criminal employer paiys them not spend and tax like mine?

Thank you for describing me personally as FOS, instead of just attacking my theory. What a nice fellow you are.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think your theory is flawed. Why? Because The USA can still be the great country you speak of without the need to permit Illegal Immigrants. It seems like you are implying that Illegal Immigrants enrich the lives of Legal Immigrants, which makes little sense.

I think your heart is in the right place, but your theory is still fundamentally flawed.

[edit on 26/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]
They do enrich my life, every time I eat in my great country, I have an illegal to thank for my bounty. From steak to salad, do not think the feast you and I are so lucky to put in our bellies tonight did not first pass through the hand of an illegal, hired by a criminal to put food on our table at slave wages.

I am very grateful for them.

Thank you for your thoughts!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I agree. Coming to this country by means that are not legal is like obtaining money by means that are not legal. Oh wait...that IS EXACTLY what these people are doing! They're coming here ILLEGALLY to obtain money and run off with it.

Sound like the very definition of CRIMINAL to me!

My definition of criminal is the ones affording the jobs in the first place, not the human that is providing honest days work for the criminal.

And they take that dollar and run off with it all right, running it right back into ourAmerican economy.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well they are different in the majority of them are living life just like you and me, working, raising a family, contributing to the economy by spending thier wages, paying taxes (yes illegals are taxed all the time, every purchase they make generates tax income), being coworkers and friends.

Are they paying into state and federal taxes? NOPE! Unless they have a stolen or fake social security number, they don't.

An illegal paying taxes on a couple of rolls of toilet paper is not greatly contributing to the overal tax base of this country!

edit fix quote

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Blanca Rose]

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

That is why I feel if you are Pro America, then it should be a source of pride and comfort to you that your strong beloved compassionate country can do a fine job of supporting not only its own people but show the world we care about ALL who enter our doors.

I disagree with you in oh so many ways.

I am not anti-America. I really don't care what you "FEEL".

Our country is no longer strong. It is a false strength borrowed from abroad in the form of trillions in money we will never be able to repay.

America is not compassionate. It discriminates against the citizens who abide by the law and pay their taxes.

Pride means nothing when it is based on lies.

Comfort...? Are you kidding yourself or the rest of us?

Show the world we care?

About who? Anyone but Americans?

I'm glad this is all based on your feelings and no one is actually forced to agree with you.

If our country is so weak why are people willing to risk coming here illegally to live in it?

I know my country is strong, otherwise we would not be able to survive.

On her worst day, America is still stronger than most if not all other countries.

And to be able to take in and have with in herself people from all over the world, to be able to give these people a life they could not get in their homeland, that does make me proud, and it shows my country is strong.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I disagree with you in oh so many ways.

I am not anti-America. I really don't care what you "FEEL".

America is not compassionate. It discriminates against the citizens who abide by the law and pay their taxes.

Pride means nothing when it is based on lies.

Comfort...? Are you kidding yourself or the rest of us?

Show the world we care?

About who? Anyone but Americans?

I'm glad this is all based on your feelings and no one is actually forced to agree with you.

If our country is so weak why are people willing to risk coming here illegally to live in it?

I know my country is strong, otherwise we would not be able to survive.

On her worst day, America is still stronger than most if not all other countries.

And to be able to take in and have with in herself people from all over the world, to be able to give these people a life they could not get in their homeland, that does make me proud, and it shows my country is strong.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by normal_human_being
i support illegal visitors making the effort to eventually become legalized, taxpaying citizens like the rest of us. if you want the benefits - then you can damn well become part of the club - and everyone is eligible, no discrimination!

remaining an illegal is, well, not a very American thing to do, IMO. it is criminal in any country on this Earth.
Hiring an illegal human is a crime and criminal. I put my efforts into villainizing the REAL criminals not the humans doing slave work for peanuts.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Unfortunately my friend,
Yes. it is that bad. Most of the population is living in a dreamworld where some politician will come along and take care of them if they just vote for the right slimeball.

Also,
The taxes taken from citizens don't even cover handouts from the government and interest on what we owe. The rest of the world has hundreds of billions a year in handouts and military support from the "USA" but the citizens are hammered on taxes and marginalized as threats to the present administration because they don't agree with millionaire politicians and billionaire bankers and businessmen.

Yes.
It is that bad.

If the criminal employers were paying the proper taxes on the slaves they illegally hire and put to work, then a lot of our debt could be fixed.

If every criminal employer were fined and back taxed appropriately on their illegal slave labor, then we would have a huge huge huge chunk of tax revenue that the criminal employers just keep and spend on mansions and yachts!!

Federal and state income tax is peanuts compared to what the criminal employers are scamming our country out of.

And that is what is TRULY REALLY Anti America!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
OP umm... this country can't even help it's own citizens anymore, much less other world citizens. Don't know if you noticed this but there are thousands of people losing their houses everyday. How is bringing more people in going to help that situation?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join