It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porter Goss vs. Maxine Waters: Ethics, Crack and Gary Webb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The trials of Rep. Maxine Waters: Ethics or payback?

sfbayview.com...

Congresswoman Maxine Waters testifies before the House Intelligence Commitee March 16, 1998, then chaired by Congressman Porter Goss, on CIA involvement in drug trafficking. Goss, who stoutly resisted the full investigation of the CIA-crack connection that Waters pressed him for, is now charging Waters with violations of House ethics rules stemming from her legitimate advocacy for Black banks. She categorically denies the allegations and welcomes a House trial to clear her good name.

Interesting albeit very short article. Is Porter Goss, a man who came to fame (or shame, if you're a truther) for his involvement in 9/11 waging a private war on Maxine Waters in order to get some revenge for her mentioning the CIA-Crack connection in congress?
OTO, it was this hearing, in which Waters brought Gary Webb to testifiy, that absolutely ruined his life and made him the target of a witch hunt.

Read more about Gary Webb hereor read his Dark Alliance series here

[edit on 26-8-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am guessing payback. Trying to find a Congress person without something legitimate to prosecute is rare. Sad but true.

I saw her on a show not too long ago trying to help out one of her constituents with a banking/credit issue. She was making the the bank in question look bad. I guess trying to help the little guy out at the expense of the big guys buys you a hearing.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't know about the Gary Webb connection, but the woman is hugely corrupt and as about a psychotic liberal as they come.

According to Chuck Neubauer and Ted Rohrlich writing in the LA Times in 2004, Maxine Waters' relatives had made more than $1 million during the preceding eight years by doing business with companies, candidates and causes that Waters had helped. They claimed she and her husband helped a company get government bond business, and her daughter Karen Waters and son Edward Waters have profited from her connections. Waters replied that "They do their business and I do mine."[35]

from
en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think she is the one you should rely on to get to the bottom of the Cocaine Importation Agency corruption.

She's also made a number of racist remarks and defended her crooked deals that benefited her husband by blaming Bush and basically saying because she was black she was entitled to fleece the American people.

If you continue to vote for crooks like her, who are in it for themselves and do not understand basic economics then you deserve the prolonged depressions that's coming.

new topics

join