It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Post 2012 Warrior!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
lol, Dumbest thread for a while. Surely this belongs in Skunkworks, No?

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign
Simply put, "Zombieland" already told us what will happen...

"RULE NUMBER 1: CARDIO"

"The fatties were the first to die..."

Seems pretty simple to me.

And also don't forget
RULE NUMBER 2:

All us fit folk who haven't prepared as well as raj here will be needeing a good source of protein. The fatties will be the first put to the sword.

mmmmm...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Indeed,

And seeing as a fit person's body will metabolize proteins and other nutrients more efficiently... if you are a 'husky' person and the defecation hits the rotating oscillator, you'll be on my menu for sure.

BON APPETIT!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Braniacs, not the most scientific experiments to be found, but may help to solve the 'fat versus thin' dilemma in extreme situations;

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't know if you're in the States or not Raj, but it seems like southern California is going to survive for decades with this plan lol.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
hehe nothing like being in shape able to jog a few miles and being fit for survival. Once your gas runs out your food for anything. Fit for the win.

PS just because your thin dont mean your in shape

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

You realize I came into this topic ready and willing to rip you to shreds about he who with the most Biggest gun and all.
As I believe evasion would be the best option if possible.
Then I was like
and then I was like

Your post may have some merit as this is natures way.
Star and flag upon you.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Basically the deal is if you're fat and starving your body will take more energy to break down the fat you've got on your bones and in doing so will make your body 'toxic'.
With a skinny person who is fit but starving there will be less ill-effects on your body than a fat person.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

That which just might save your life! BEING A FATARSE! Think about it.

LOL !?!?!?!
i never though of that
for bears its like that .. but for humans its more difficult
especially if they are big
they cant move to fast .. so going up in a moutain before a tsunami hit
they will be the first ones to die ...
for myself i can stay without any food and water
up to 30-40 hrs ...
dont know why but i have been practicing not to eat to much
i have made water bottles reserves(i should buy more)
50cent tuna cans are good to .. and none-cooked pasta cant last a long time...

i beleive regarding this thread that the obese peoples will have more trouble to past a day without eating
but their fat tissue can make them last more longer.. its a theory
at the end they will have a surplus of skin thats for sure

we are not like bear who can hibernate for a few months
or like the buddha boy and the other older guy who can last even more longer than bears

great thread S&F

from my part im 6 foot 180 lbs
im not fat but not that skiny

my maximum without food and water would be 3 days
after this i will see stars coming from my mind to my eyes

maybe i can stay longer but i dont want to test that out
people in africa are extremelly ressourcefull when its come to eat
they will survive more longer than us for many reason

here in big cities we are spoiled...and if no food we will prefer to die before eating some insects
if i dont have any food and water
i will find a way to recycle my urine lol
start to hunt to feed and if nothing to hunt
i will eat grass .. but no insect for me lol ... i might change my mind if there is nothing to eat (proteines)

[edit on 8/26/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by serbsta

lol hey I just noticed the guy in the pic doesnt have a belly button. Crazy huh? lol

LOL u funny rajaten .. you will never cease to amaze me

no bully button = alien

in his case .. its under his pants hiding in the dark sweaty part

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Becoming a body builder is probably the worst way to survive.

6-8% body fat (like arny would have there, or lower) will not last you long without your scheduled six daily minimeals usually consistting of brown rice and chicken.

Its better to get fit and have about 14-16% body fat with physical fitness if you want to survive.

You can easily be fit while still looking fat. I used to weigh about 235 and would run half a marathon without really exerting myself.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Keeping your trap shut.

Having some artisan, craft work or tradesman skill.

Not being seen as a threat.

Wanting to live until it's time to go.

These are good pretty good skills to have.

I know some 'fat' blokes that can run, lift, carry, walk, dig, shoot, cook, drink, hunt, build, fight, love and give, just as good as anyone else.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Seriously, if there was a large scale disaster where I had to struggle to survive and it looked like fat people were getting by all right. I would eat the fat people faster than you can blink.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
Seriously, if there was a large scale disaster where I had to struggle to survive and it looked like fat people were getting by all right. I would eat the fat people faster than you can blink.

Yeah I was also thinking a good thing to have would be salt and spices. That way you could eat your fellow man without too much difficulty. You could cut strips of meat or fat off a person and pickle it with salt so it lasts a long time. Human jerky ya know. Probably be a good trading good, you could say it was beef jerky and if you cover it enough curry powder or pepper it would probably taste the same.

*Packs curry powder and 1kg of salt into bugout bag*

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well when 2012 comes around and nothing happens and you die of diabetes/heart attack you'll know why

Seriously though...ahh....at least someone like me can go out and get/catch/kill food.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

What if we come across each other in the street post apocalypse and we battle it out for each others resources. I would own you because your bullets wouldnt penetrate my fat layer. After 3 months I would be back down to my fighting weight and toned up anyways. You would be starving in an alley somewhere or already have passed through my GI tract lol

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Holy smoke! This will be a must weapon for the ultimate post 2012 warrior!

That sword owns!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Seriously; cannibalism and opportunistic, violent advantage and doing harm to others? That's your survival plan! Survival = location, skill, preparation, and brains; all in advance. If your plan is to wait for TSHTF to start to survive you're (as opposed to your) either not very smart or......uuhhmmn....... not very smart. If you know it's coming, then prepare. It's simply insurance. You buy it for your car, your house, health insurance etc., why wouldn't you "buy it" for your survival. Waiting for TSHTF to survive is like the movie version of "racking a shell into the chamber" to scare someone. Baby, that shell should already be in the chamber, none of that cinematic BS. For those that don't believe it's coming then find another forum to opine in. It is coming. We will have a double dip recession that could, very easily and probably will, slide over the edge of the financial cliff into a world-wide depression of unprecedented proportions, forget 1929. This coupled with world-wide commodities shortages, both soft and hard (food stuffs vs elementals), due to poor weather and over consumption, will result in a severe human toll as well as potential international conflicts. China already had a poor harvest this past year and the normal weather patterns have changed significantly, world-wide. Nothing drastic, just enough to change normal crop expectations down here and there. We, as the human race, apparently like to live on the edge of disaster and collectively do nothing about it. It takes very little in the grand scheme of things, to save up and prepare for disaster. Relocate to a more survivable rural area, have a good food storage program, proper equipment and associate with a like minded group of people or better yet join a survival/homestead co-op. When you Rambo wannabes come up against these people your karma will come home to roost, and they'll split your gear when they are through with you and hopefully they won't make a "farm animal" out of you. LOL LOL. Me and mine are secluded but not isolated, well stocked, well armed and very prepared. We grow our own food and animals. It doesn't take much to do this, just a commitment to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Living a sustainable homestead lifestyle is also much healthier and better for you in the long run. If you prepare, IN ADVANCE, you have a greater probability of surviving and living a higher quality life. 2cents

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

It will be the guy who survives at all by sheer luck.

The determination of strength will be who survives after that.

And all of that survival gear will be there for the picking by those who do survive.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I imagine that if the SHTF, even those of us carrying around a few extra pounds (or more, as the case may be) will lose the weight whether we like it or not...especially if we don't know how long our food rations and stores will need to last.

As for 2012, I'm hoping it's not that soon....as I'd like to be more prepared, (and really, I hope there never is a SHTF scenario....I like AC, cars, computers, flat screen TVs, etc.).

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Being really overweight can be deadly if you suddenly have nothing to eat.

I think it's called Ketoacidosis,from metabolzing body fat too quickly.

It doesn't usually happen to healthy people,but many have underlying problems which do not present themselves until something goes very wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join