It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Daniel Secrets Revealed? Are We The Last Generation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I don’t believe in God, I KNOW God exist!!! Its not even a question, it’s a statement of fact.
(continue next post)

When I read this I almost stopped reading ...but beening open minded I will read it later as it does appear interesting ...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hello marg6043,

Even though I'm saying this new interpretation is talking about our time and our time only, that doesn't mean our concepts of what equals reality is where we should stop our reasoning. For you see the last time the Bible tells us God destroyed the world, on the very day Noah entered the Ark, people were being married, having babies, making love, war, and interacting in all manners of human activity. What we believe equals a final generation does not mean that is what the rest of history, or God, believes equals a final generation... However, with regards to what the Mayans warned about... perhaps that is a discussion we can have within another thread... Yet when it comes to the Bible, the God of the Bible does not care, you can be in the midst's of child birth and the whole world can be flooded... However if the Bible and the Mayans, Egyptians, and many other ancient civilizations are correct, this time our penance will come from either the Sun or man made mini suns... Or perhaps, if we understand how religious people believed just sixteen hundred years ago... perhaps its the little "g" gods that will cause the earth to burn.

I do appreciate your and everyone else's concerns as to what we want to believe, however, it truly matters not what we believe, it only matters what we can understand our ancient ancestors believed, or what prophetic warnings they felt compelled to pass forward. I would strongly urge all to sit down and read the Book of Daniel with this concept in mind, and then come back and lets talk about why I wrote what I did and how it relates to our time. Right now however, if I respond to every post about what we believe, verses what can be learned, I would be chasing a tail I can never catch. So thank you for your posts, I enjoyed them all.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
All replies are very interesting but yet very confusing!

Deebo

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I didn't read every bit of what you wrote, but concerning Lucifer, I believe the whole devil/hell thing was created to keep violent people of the time under control.

Ever see a little kid freaking out (literally crying and all) because their brother/sister "sinned" and is going to hell now? 100% brainwash in action, and people back in the day weren't educated, thus were gullible and believed it, just like they did the bible.

And yes, the bible has been altered many times (probably thousands) by kings, popes, or whomever sees it fit.

and no, we aren't the last generation.

Looking too far into these books for meanings that dont exist reminds me of the southpark episode about the "Scrotie McBoogerballs" book

[edit on 26-8-2010 by A-Dub]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzo
another one who believes in fairy tales. religious texts are allegorical. there was no "devil" trying to overthrow "god". look into the symbolism of these stories.

Hello tonypazzo,

With all due respect, it would appear you are simply another person who refuses to read and listen. And, not all religious texts are allegorical, that is simply untrue, even a child could point out hundreds of quotes within the Bible, let alone many other religious texts that are NOT allegorical. Besides I didn't write this for atheists, I wrote this for those who are searching. Those who don't believe in anything other then themselves will never sit down and read anything they automatically reject because it forces them to consider things outside their extremely selfish universal view... Now obviously not only atheist suffer from that horrible affliction, there are many so-called religious people who suffer that same sickness as well... just look at why that Muslim was attacked in New York... personal selfishness and the LIE forced onto us all exists everywhere. For you see the truth is extremely simple. You noticed I never once said, to protect us from God... but rather to protect ourselves from ourselves... The answer to how that is possible can be found within this one biblical sentence.... "Am I My Brothers Keeper?" I thank you for your post, and those few posts above yours.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ok so I admit I only skimmed through your opening posts, BUT, I have to say when I first began to read I really thought you were going to end up being one more of the moronic kooks that switch one dogma/religion for another, but after watching you get into the flow of your thoughts it was a pleasant surprise.

You have a lot of courage on any account and I especially liked the part about how Lucifer can just do as he pleases but man must adhear to a lower standard of rules, lol that was priceless.

Anyway I try to stay out of all religious discussions but had to let you know I like your style and dont think your crazy at all, mad perhaps but so are all the brilliant people.

You know there is the place where creativity meets earth and this dimensional realm, you tapped into it.

We as man cannot go up to it, but it can descend down to us from time to time.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Congratulations OP, you with your questioning are on your way to becoming an agnostic/atheist like me and wishing for a time when life still had mystical meaning and meant more than it does now....
Now; where my past inquisitiveness into the bibles have created this questioning bitter dolt that I am today.
Be careful, the more you investigate the bible, the less you will believe and will devolve into a cynical questioner.
The most ardent believers in the bible and their idea of god are paradoxically the ones who have never cracked the spine of the book they hold so dear.

The Universe is my god, it created me and I know it's real, it is mindless and does not care, it just does what it does. It creates, it destroys.

Sounds like a god to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Congratulations OP, you with your questioning are on your way to becoming an agnostic/atheist like me and wishing for a time when life still had mystical meaning and meant more than it does now....

The Universe is my god, it created me and I know it's real, it is mindless and does not care, it just does what it does. It creates, it destroys.

Sounds like a god to me.

Hello Toadmund,

I won't say this could never happen, but I strongly doubt I would ever become an atheist, though I will admit I pretended to be one for about a year when I was 20.

I don't bore people with my own personal experiences, but rest assured there are many, including one of my very first memories. I rejected that memory as an adult as nothing more then a dream, however, the more I learn and see the more I understand my own past.

Does God act like your universe? I believe you got it partly right. The sad news is, most people reject God because they reject Religious dogma that doesn't make sense. Most people can't separate the concept that one has nothing to do with the other... Except, that religious dogma if you study, will open your mind to the truth about God. Truth can be found within all religious texts, and if we study and listen we will save ourselves from ourselves. I hope you noticed I never said all religious texts are true.

Anyone who studies history has to admit there are to many stories that seem to fit many other stories told by people separated by thousands of miles of dirt and oceans, and even thousands of years... Logic demands something is happening and continues to happen to every culture and age... Perhaps its nothing but a universal quark as perhaps you and many others believe... or perhaps its truth that has to continue to fight through all the layers of lies... These are things we must all study or if people are so inclined, simply reject... Yet the good news is, simply rejecting something because we might disagree doesn't make it wrong... it just means the truth has to fight that much harder to reveal itself once again. I thank you for your statement.

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 26-8-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You do well in discussing examples of biblical logical fallacy (as well as propaganda).

As such, I will honor the OP with the same:

Within the first 1/2 of the OP you illustrate why the the bible may not be trusted as a source of divine wisdom.

However, you continue the OP by providing a prophecy that you interpreted from this very same religious scripture. How, pray tell, are you able to give credence to the very same literature that you discredit as a manipulative means for power and control?

We could detail various other divine interventions on the part of Daniel that would further illustrate your discussion of biblical fallacies and, by doing so, discredit any accuracy of their accounts (concerning Daniel or otherwise). So, why do you continue to search for relevance in a book that you already believe to be propaganda? That to me seems a logical fallacy in itself.

I do applaud your logical approach to Christian dogma and text. However, it is for this that I question your search for wisdom in the same.

[grammatical edit]

[edit on 26-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Satan is in hell. He is not running around. He's a voice. Nothing more. Angels can do that. Humans cannot. This is quite obvious by the fact we cannot talk without some sort of physical act. Angels don't have to physically act. They can just be a voice in and of itself. So Satan can be in hell and still be a voice in as much as angels can be in heaven and be a voice.

God does not deceive. And I really need to see some actual sources for this claim.

God does not promise protection of your lands nor churches. God promised lands to the Jews as their homeland. He never promised them much else. They wanted a king and an empire. So God just about basically let them have what they wanted in order to teach them that they should not desire it. After that the new covenant was with Jesus.

Jesus pretty much said brb. That nothing much would happen after he left. That after him was nothing by waiting.

What's happened since? Just that. Any separating of the waters? Any new books for the Bible? And prophets with powers from God? Anything spectacular at all? Nope. God's done with Earth. He'll answer prayers silently and be with us, but nothing's happened religiously for us in 2000 years.

Besides that, sorry, nothings going to happen in 2012. And perhaps we are the last generation. But I certainly doubt it. The time is not known ever and it never will be.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A simple answer to the book of Daniel. Unfinished prophecy. Why? A couple of things I figured out over time. Also I would say based on another prophecy that we are the generation that would see the Apocalypse.

To start with. These statements in Daniel 11

6 And in the end of years.

40 And at the time of the end

The prophecy is stating specific dates for those events. So how do you figure out the dates? Use the let the bible interpret the bible method. Starting with the book you are in and then working outward. Looking for clues by finding material that covers the same item that you are starting with.

For Daniel that means looking at the 70 weeks prophecy of Daniel 9.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The time of the end. The end of days. They are talking about the 70th week of Daniel 9.
So has Daniel 11 happened yet? No! The problem is that the prior historical events that happened in the BCE that every one claims fulfilled the prophecy have a problem. They didn't happen in the 70th week. This prophecy is unfulfilled. There has been thousands of years since then. So what was the problem?

So after looking I found the problem in the book of Hosea. The problem is simple. Unfinished business. As simple as possible I found a prophecy that Israel and Judah were to face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse.

Hosea 3
4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:
5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Hosea 5
14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

And then I found the time frame of the curse.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

And what is the problem with the 2 days? They are in the presence of God. Time flows differently in the presence of God.

Psalms 90-4 and 2nd Peter 3-8 cover it.
4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

There is a two thousand year gap between the 69th and 70th week. Filled with this curse in Hosea.

Daniel 11 is future events.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
the second you said you KNOW god exists as a fact i stopped reading.

that ridiculous statement clarified anything else in your thread as being nothing more than nutty religous waffle from that sillly story book of urs.

science and maths FTW! xx

over and out

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
do you guys even understand how many times the bible has been rewritten by kings and men ???

the bible we have today would more then likely in no way represent the scrolls that were found, the reason there are so many anomalies is because of how badly it was translated to start with then how many times its been rewritten by kings and the churches to push their own agenda. Im pretty sure that this is common knowledge ... so i have no understanding of what you are actually trying to say ?

Are you trying to say that the current version of the bible doesn't make sense ... well derrrr if a book has been chopped and changed and rewritten as many times as the bible has this is bound to happen ... like any childhood game of chinese whispers will show you.

Am i wrong here ... is there anyone here in this thread that actually believes that the version of the bible we have today in anyways resembles the original "book" ... seriously ???

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
You do well in discussing examples of biblical logical fallacy (as well as propaganda).

Within the first 1/2 of the OP you illustrate why the the bible may not be trusted as a source of divine wisdom.

However, you continue the OP by providing a prophecy that you interpreted from this very same religious scripture. How, pray tell, are you able to give credence to the very same literature that you discredit as a manipulative means for power and control?

...So, why do you continue to search for relevance in a book that you already believe to be propaganda? That to me seems a logical fallacy in itself.

I do applaud your logical approach to Christian dogma and text. However, it is for this that I question your search for wisdom in the same.

Hello misinformational,

I could ask the same question as to why anyone reads the morning paper or votes in an election. However, just because some aspects of a document, statement, or person's character can be questioned, it doesn't mean you reject everything they have to say. The Bible has some very deep truths, and I believe that all Religious Texts have truth within them. That doesn't mean that all Religious Texts are true. It takes a patient person to take the time to discover where truth lies, and how every lie contains truth within it!

With regards to the questions as to the authenticity of the Book of Daniel and the link provided earlier... I am familiar with a couple of the questions raised, however it was of interest to me the things that were not said... Like the two historical figures of that time who are held in high regard in our own time... and the reason Jerusalem was spared by Alexander the Great. However, I have no intention in getting into a historical measuring contest, that is not the point of this thread... What I find entertaining is why all this energy is being expended to tear down this thread without checking to see what can be learned, and then directing the conversation from there. I hope that helps answer your questions. I would like to leave you with the very first poem/words to live by I wrote when I was eighteen. Perhaps this will give even greater insight as to why I never reject anything and look for truth everywhere.

FREEDOM

If you listen and believe everything you hear, you won't learn anything.
If you listen and don't believe everything you hear, you're doomed to fail.
But, if you listen and think about everything you hear, only then are you free to use your own mind.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I know god exists too - we are here. And while you think of him as some sort of being I prefer open minded consent that all I know is some force created the universe I live in and I call that force god. If that force turns out to be magic space elephants whose super fart created the big bang, fine.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread! I find things about God very interesting, and would like to know the truth better, but I have to disagree with some of your points in the thread.

doesn't mean our concepts of what equals reality is where we should stop our reasoning.

I think our reasoning should equal reality. Reality is everything we can observe, test, predict, and show to others. If it doesn't fall into these categories, then it can't be shown to actually exist, even if it does. I think you should believe what you can show to be real.

You're an exception of course, because, if what you say is true, you have been in contact with God personally. So you are justified in your belief of God, but I am not. God knows exactly what it would take to convince me that he is, yet he does not act upon it.

Those who don't believe in anything other then themselves will never sit down and read anything they automatically reject because it forces them to consider things outside their extremely selfish universal view

I believe in what can be shown to exist. I do not believe this is a selfish universal view, because the universe is very large, and I am very insignificant within it. I could not exist, and the universe would not care. I do not see this as a selfish view.

A final point about you claiming that many religious texts are not the truth about God, that man in some ways have altered it to fit whatever agenda they are trying to accomplish. If this is true, why does God allow it? Why would God not make sure that his truth and his word was perfectly preserved in all ways and never underwent any kind of change that would affect the truth? Why would God allow his word to be changed at all?

Kind regards

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I flicked through this until I found the OP had used Independence day as a way to confirm his/her beliefs. Oh dear. And then the Merongovian bloodline, wow, do we have a budding script writer on our hands?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
I flicked through this until I found the OP had used Independence day as a way to confirm his/her beliefs. Oh dear. And then the Merongovian bloodline, wow, do we have a budding script writer on our hands?

Hello something wicked,

I did not use Independence Day as a way to confirm my beliefs, I am completely taken aback how you came to that conclusion. I used those two movies because I believed they CAPTURED HUMANITY in all our glory. You most assuredly did simply "flick through" my post, I just wonder why you would post a comment knowing full well you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. I mean by attempting to tear down my point, you just proved my point... I guess I should thank you!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think there's a difference between faith and knowing. Knowing is walking the path with a 'higher consciousness' and seeing God in all things. EVERYTHING!

I think it is possible to glimpse the timeline, because it's all about probabilities according to action and events and one action leads to another.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I really enjoyed reading your theory! I'm going to go read Daniel and revelations! You are right we are so clueless about God now!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join