It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electricity collected from the air could become the newest alternative energy source

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Electricity collected from the air could become the newest alternative energy source

www.physorg.com

"Our research could pave the way for turning electricity from the atmosphere into an alternative energy source for the future," said study leader Fernando Galembeck, Ph.D. His research may help explain a 200-year-old scientific riddle about how electricity is produced and discharged in the atmosphere.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
How awesome is this?

Nikola Tesla would be proud!

Not only does this new technology create sustainable and environmentally friendly energy, but it also reduces the chance of dangerous lightening strikes!

It gives me such hope to read about the ideas and innovations of our race; especially when it pertains to improving quality of life. What a wonderful contrast to the other drivel being produced.

Perhaps this proposed technology could not solely be the power source of our race; but when used in combination with such things as wind energy collected from the ocean surface (www.alternative-energy-news.info...), I don't understand how these ideas are not pursued more vigorously. Well, I guess subsidies have something to do with this.

Now if only we could turn the propaganda spewed by news pundits in to electricity! I'm sure it could create more energy than a Dyson sphere

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Didn't nikola tesla already think of this, but it was shut down because there was no money to be made in it?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Didn't nikola tesla already think of this, but it was shut down because there was no money to be made in it?

I don't think so, and even if it was; technology has come a long way since the early 1900s. "..until now, scientists lacked adequate knowledge about the processes involved in formation and release of electricity from water in the atmosphere, Galembeck said"

Hygroelectricity (humidity electricity) works by harnessing water vapor which collects in the atmosphere. " 'This was clear evidence that water in the atmosphere can accumulate electrical charges and transfer them to other materials it comes into contact with,' Galembeck explained"

The team hopes to construct devices which could collect the water vapor which could in turn be routed to power various things.

"In the future, he added, it may be possible to develop collectors, similar to the solar cells that collect the sunlight to produce electricity, to capture hygroelectricity and route it to homes and businesses. Just as solar cells work best in sunny areas of the world, hygroelectrical panels would work more efficiently in areas with high humidity, such as the northeastern and southeastern United States and the humid tropics."

source: www.physorg.com...

[edit on 26-8-2010 by starstrings]

[edit on 26-8-2010 by starstrings]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by starstrings

Is this the same Energy that Nikola Tesla wanted to make available FREE OF CHARGE for humanity, but was stopped by J P Morgan? who's eyes were filled with $$$ signs (chingching).

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The links not working. TPTB have acted.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

links are still working for me.. here are a few more for good measure

www.sciencedaily.com...

gizmodo.com...

nextbigfuture.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Sweet thankyou

Im afraid the ACS would become subordinate to TPTB if they went too far with this one.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If this develops into real form of energy and I think it is a big if.

As people have said it is only what Nicola Tesla could achieve in the 1900’s.

We could all be driving around in electric cars with no range problems free. As we can all ready transmit the electricity through the air for 60 kilometers.

They will squash it just you watch.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Tesla's idea was similar but in reverse: generating electricity conventionally and distributing it through the ground.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
If this develops into real form of energy and I think it is a big if.

As people have said it is only what Nicola Tesla could achieve in the 1900’s.

We could all be driving around in electric cars with no range problems free. As we can all ready transmit the electricity through the air for 60 kilometers.

They will squash it just you watch.

Reply: If they, the powers that be, can't control it to make money from it, then you are right, they will squash it.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
From what I've read this seems like a real possibility. Unfortunately, as others have pointed out, nothing will come of it because those who own the infrastructure will make sure that it is repressed.

The truth is that we have had an active "green" revolution and movement for a very long time - unfortunately in their world "green" has nothing to do with conservation and everything to do with the color of money.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
One word springs to mind.....
Egyptians.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

I think Tesla has already done this.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A Field of Light Sabers , Powered By Ambient Electricity

This year for a few months this year the storms of Relampago de Catatumbo stopped.

The spectacle, one of the longest single displays of continuous lightning in the world, lasts up to nine hours a night. On average it is visible over 160 nights a year and from 400km away. Lightning bolts discharged from cloud to cloud strike 16 to 40 times a minute. They can reach an intensity of 400,000 amps but are so high thunder is inaudible. There are similar phenomena in Colombia, Indonesia and Uganda but they do not last the whole night.

www.sott.net...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Tesla, Keely, Searle... there's a long list of people who've been working with zero point or torsion field energy, including the Nazis.

It's always been suppressed - and in some of the cases the inventors have been controlled.

It WILL come - once they disclose they've been using this technology to power craft and other devices for decades.

It WILL come - if enough of us stand up and do something, instead of just go "Wow - another thing for TPTB to suppress".

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
There's a company on Zhuhia, China was/currently working on this technology, I met one of the people working there, he said they are developing a unit that can power an upright air conditioner using this method.

That was 2 years ago, so I guess 1. He fibbed me or 2. The boss got very rich and shut up shop over a payout. 3. They are still working on the tech.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_journey_in

It WILL come - if enough of us stand up and do something, instead of just go "Wow - another thing for TPTB to suppress".

I agree.

Information on these types of things needs to be taken seriously, and spread to the majority. Mainstream news is not going to be responsible for this.

The internet is a great thing as it gives such a far reaching voice to those that need to be heard. The more information is spread, the harder it will be to suppress.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The media constantly unreasonably hypes up any promising energy source under development. After a few years when the technology more or less fails, people don't question the media for hyping the product up, they don't question the maker of said product, instead they say it's some retarded grand conspiracy by the oil companies, or some other scapegoat. Just look at solar cells, for example. It's not the fault of some fossil fuel company that they're expensive, unreliable, they're just (at this stage) not any good. Maybe that will change. I hope this is different, but I won't be surprised if it fails to live up to the hype. This is not to say it should not be research and developed, to the contrary, but some level of caution and reason is needed.

[edit on 26/8/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
S&F for you. Tom Bearden has some very interesting corespondent letters that address alot of this subject. Some of it is a bit over my head but I enjoy reading it anyway .Link to his site www.cheniere.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join