It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Game Camera Snap Extraterrestrial Photos?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by m0r1arty

Did we wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? Hahaha...why are you implying I'm "the biggest douche alive" exactly
...I merely presented a thread on an article which I thought was interesting, and I am looking for other images of the LED strip artifact BTW.

CHA0S.....

He's not calling you a douchebag.....

That's what the journo wrote about someone else!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

No, the photos appear to have no EXIF data. They are probably not the originals either.

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Oh, ok, thank you for clearing that up MMN.

[edit on 26/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I know they're not originals, so I looked quick and found the same set of photos in 3 places. Maybe they're all taken from the original NBC or whatever article.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHA0S.....

No worries.....

I also did a big "double take"!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I will say “ reflections of IR emitters behind the weather shield “

And hear is why :

The IR emitters act in a similar manner to a convetional flash gun or video light – the only difference being the wavelength emitted

Unlike thermal imaging cameras that detect IR emissions from the objects in view , the “ low-lite “ or “ day / night cameras “ used in these kinds of cameras have no IR filter or a switchable IR filter

So their sensor receives IR radiation that is REFLECTED by the target – that’s why the eyes are over exposed [ much the same principle as “ red eye “ caused by conventional flash guns ]

Now go through each image chronologically

In the first two images @ 04:12 and 05:18 only the immediate forground is illuminated by the IR emitters , with strong fall off , nothing is visible of the terrain beyond – and the reflection from the emitters is the brightest

Now in the next two , @ 06:06 and 06:07 it is dawn – and IR radiation from the rising sun is now being detected by the camera sensor – thus you see details in the background & the sky

Also – and the dead giveaway – the intensity of the reflection [ oopsd alleged UFO ] is far fainter

That’s because of the IR and visible light being emitted by the sun – and is of a far greater intensity than the tiny IR leds used by the camera

To demonstrate this – shine a torch at your window in the middle of the night – it makes a bright reflection – obviously , now repeat the exercise at dawn hey your torch “ appears “ dimmer .

Lastly – the reflection [ oops alleged UFO ] does not move in over 90 minuites – yes it appears longer in the last 2 images – but that’s because IR and visible light from the sun is now illuminating the inside of the camera weather shield – so all you are seeing is MOORE of the camera internals reflected

That’s all there is to it – simples

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
edit - to change content of multi post :

is there a UFO present in these pics - YES

look at pic @ 19:55 [ pic 2 in the OP ]

there is an object there - look carefully

now at the resolution presented , i defy anyone to accuratly determine if it is :

i) an insect at a few meters

ii) a bird at 10s of meters

iii ) a conventional aircraft at kilometers range

iv ) an alien space ship of indeterminate size at indeterminate range

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
appologies - multi post

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Last 3 or so photos could be a shooting star.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of a picture someone sent me once saying a "UFO" was flying around their backyard cloaked...i know funny. The picture was crystal clear, mid afternoon, no clouds birds etc. The object looked like it was about 5 objects flying in formation. Looked legit and looked cool. Then I noticed something and maybe it was because I have one, I asked if they took the picture from inside or behind a weather shield. They said inside, behind a window. I looked at the object more and longer and it hit me. The person took the picture with their Blackberry phone and the logo on the phone was reflecting off the glass, making it APPEAR that there was a cluster of objects flying across the sky xD Upon further inspection, very hard to see, but you were able to make out the lines of the phone...but literally barely. Will post the picture if I find it.

I guess because it appears this object we are discussing never moves, only shows up at night, then I am going to say reflection. If this camera is out there day in and day out, a weather shield would be appropriate. So I am going to have to go with LED lights, reflection of recording light(s) and other lights on the camera. If not, then a good find. But if a UFO, the deer do not seem the least bit concerned.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Concerning the IR light source reflection...

Why would the alleged UFO/reflection have 14-15 clearly distinct spots of light while the IR device has only 11 or 12?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

One light can cause a reflection. All you need is one light pointed in the right spot (not intentionally), and you get a reflection. In this case its completely dark. No lights at all. A light on the camera, could be any number of lights on the camera is on constantly and happens to be near the OR source or even the lens. With the 'weather shield' it took that one light. Other factors would come into play as to what it reflects and how much of it reflects such as the shape of the shield (round or flat) etc. So the number of 'lights' in your picture could vary when reflected in this case (if that makes sense). I don't know a lot about night vision, but also why are the deer's eyes glowing?

On another note: The image you provided in your post, when comparing it to the OPs, look similar enough. Would explain why this object looks big, simply because it is close and the shield is a few inches away.

Lets say this were a real UFO. Great set of picks to capture one. You have a day and night reference point, the deer give a good idea of distance, clarity, it is on a tripod, so no jumpy footage. The night vision allows you to make out several landmarks that you see in the day so more further reference points. If UFOs exist, this would be a great way to capture them. Just need it to be a webcam or actual video camera.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
EDIT: Wrong thread post xD

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Interesting photo. Thats why they are called Unidentified Flying Objects.

Too bad they don't provide what model camera they are using.

The reflection hypothesis I am slightly skeptical about for a couple of reasons.

The purpose of the LED is to illuminate the fore ground, creating enough light for the photo. Look at how far the ground is illuminated, see the reflectors on the fence posts ?
As well as beyond ?

The Point is that these are pretty bright lights if they are extending illumination that far into the darkness.

If we were seeing a reflection of these bright lights they wouldn't appears as a dull glow as what appears in the photo but a reflection of an intensely bright single light.

If they have used this camera in the past, as they are implying. They most certainly would've noticed this anomaly before. Because if it was a reflection, it would appear in the same spot in every night time photo.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

The object has to be in front of the treeline. It is too low to be in the sky. So that means it's close (assuming it is not a reflection).

I managed to get my friend to send me the "blackberry UFO" picture. The logo reflects off the glass of the window. This is the kind of reflection I am speaking of. Close range plastic/window etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Case closed?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Can i ask? If as you posted ""it's the reflection of the line of IR LEDs on the inside of the protective clear plastic cover. "

The why is it the only thing that moved? (other then the deer/grass)

If the camera did not move why would the "inside reflection? You can see this in the first 3 photos (the night photos)

I never used a game cam befor thats why im asking.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Im sorry maybe im missing something because in the photos the OP has i only see it above the treeline.

What photo is it below the treeline?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

It moved?

If it's a reflection then it could have moved because the light source was moving.

The light source being the sun rising, these photos were taken over a period of a few hours.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

No he said the light was inside the cam. Thats why im asking.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

After enlarging the object in the second photo 450% you can see the outline of wings; it appears to be a fly.

oh, well...

seeker

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join