It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Game Camera Snap Extraterrestrial Photos?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I just found this story dated yesterday, with some pretty interesting images if you ask me, there also appears to be a video on the page of the article, but when I try to play it, I get the message "this content is currently unavailable". A quick search turned up nothing.

A motion-activated camera at a Fort Worth family's favorite hunting spot is capturing shots of mysterious objects.

Lisa Brock-Piekarski's game camera is supposed to take pictures of the deer on her Archer City lease. But the pictures show something she can't explain.

"What I see looks almost like a Frisbee," she said. "You see a several lights going around, and they're all symmetrical and lit up, and it just looks like an object in the sky."
source article

This first image shows us what the area normally looks like at day time.

Apparently she thought the object in this photo was a bird at first, but is now unsure:

And the rest of the photos show this weird object she caught with an infrared motion camera apparently:

[edit on 26/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This comment on the source page explains it
"it's the reflection of the line of IR LEDs on the inside of the protective clear plastic cover. seen it on my own. done. next.12:42 AM, 8.26.10"

So no aliens or UFO's!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
very interesting, thanks for posting, let me play with the filters in PS, and see what we can find...

its odd because those cameras don't have slower shutter speeds, so its not a firefly leaving a trail of light behind...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Oh...ok...that makes sense I guess...but can you provide other images from IR cameras where this has happened just to confirm that?

EDIT:

"We've seen falling stars, all kinds of stuff out there because you're away form the city," she said. "Anytime there's a meteor shower or anything, you can see it a lot better, but I've never seen anything like that."
She hasn't seen anything like it.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
On top of Derek's astute observation there is also this:

"We've seen falling stars, all kinds of stuff out there because you're away form the city,"

With a comma at the end and that huge spelling mistake I wouldn't accept this to be too much of a considered article.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Wow...I don't really think the spelling of one word discredits the story at all...it just maybe shows the author had little interest, either way, I don't see the relevance of one spelling mistake.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Spider web strand with a little dew on it catching a light reflection. Wouldn't have even seen it if the deer hadn't shown up.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Alien space ship stuck in semi cloak mode.

Next.

LOL.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
What's the make and model number of the game camera?

With that information you should be able to look it up and see if it has a row of LEDs for it's light source that looks like that image.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Oh...ok...that makes sense I guess...but can you provide other images from IR cameras where this has happened just to confirm that?

You're the one presenting the 'story' - you go and find the images!

As for the spelling mistake; someone gets paid to write these things and it seems the editor 'ain't' too good at checking their proof for spelling or context.

"In some cases, parents are still learning the names of the students let alone the names of the parents," he said. "That’s how something like this can happen."

From this article published on the same day.

[snip]

-m0r

Mod Edit: Personal insults removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 2) Behaviour and remember to go after the ball, not the player. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 26/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

The comma is correct, and form/from is a household typo not indicative of data or intelligence I wouldn't have thought. Particularly as it is someone else who typed it, and not the source of said data or observation who made the typo.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
So...so far we have:

* atmosphere cools, temperature inversion occurs and causes light refraction
* reflection of the line of IR LEDs on the inside of the protective clear plastic cover
* spider web strand with a little dew on it catching a light reflection
* I don't see any "weird object" in any of the photos
(damn you ruined it by editing your post)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

"We've seen falling stars, all kinds of stuff out there because you're away form the city,"

With a comma at the end and that huge spelling mistake I wouldn't accept this to be too much of a considered article.

-m0r

so bad grammar and spelling error automatically disqualify the camera and pictures that it takes? flawless logic, incredible.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Did we wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? Hahaha...why are you implying I'm "the biggest douche alive" exactly
...I merely presented a thread on an article which I thought was interesting, and I am looking for other images of the LED strip artifact BTW.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
that is clearly a row of chinese lanterns.
next!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

The odd thing is, if someone is going to call someone out on grammar they should at least get it right. And he's not, the comma is correctly placed in this context. Makes you wonder about people so quick to dismiss and bunk things, when they incorrectly call others out on correct punctuation.

Anyway, not to get pedantic. Thanks for posting OP. Looks interesting. I'm not so sure about LED lights, as she obviously has been using this camera night after night.

Why would they suddenly appear on this one night, yet never before?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

-m0r

You put a dot after quoting, that would make your post irrelevant to the discussed subject.

NEXT

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
the same "ufo" is in the second day picture, very dim, but you can see its starting to show up as the light is going down.

not a UFO...lets kill this thread, its a distraction to actual phenomona.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure these same people have made a claim of a UFO before, and I'm pretty sure I've actually watched the story. You can see what appears to be a claim by the same people here, because the video shows what is obviously the same place. The object is vertical in that case, but still appears to probably be a reflection of the LED's, a comment at the bottom actually combines the cobweb theory and LED reflection theory:

Joe said...

It was a reflection of the infrared LED's from the camera. Look at the picture of the camera and count the LED's on each row. There are 5 in each row which is the same number of lights seen in the pictures. My guess is that a spider web filament was reflecting one row of lights back at the camera. But whatever it was reflecting it I am postive that the LED's were what is causing the anomaly.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
There's no EXIF in any photos I've found. Anyone else?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join