It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting/helicopter chase in south San Jose right now/

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have always believed in the whole UFO thing but have never had a real definate sighting. That has just changed.
I was out walking my dog tonight between 9:15pm and 9:45pm. I always look at the stars while I walk hoping for something other than an airplane to catch my eye. Tonight as I was looking up I noticed a preety bright yellow light moving slowly across the sky. I thought it was an airplane at first but I didn't see the telltale red and blue flashing lights. As I watched it I noticed the speed pick up and then slow down slightly. What got me excited though was when it stopped On a dime. I immediately started hearing a faint helicopter sound in the distance. No sooner than I heard it did the *UFO* take off southeast at what seemed like 10,000 mph and stopped, again on a dime, just over the foothills. I was stunned and got immediate goosbumps. I stared in shock as the UFO took off again at high speed and dissappeared within the blink of an eye. That's when I realized that flying in seperate locations overhead (each about 5miles apart) was three helicopters with the lights off. Strange. I can only guess that they were there because of the UFO. By the time I made it home only one of them had it's main flashing light on. I always carry my iPhone with me but tonight I didn't. I'm sooooo kicking myself right now. Sorry guys. I do swear to this though and if anyone here lives in south San Jose (evergreen) California and witnessed this...... You know what I'm talkin bout. Pheeew. I'm drained after this.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IllMannered

IllMannered.....

That all sounds quite exciting!

Let us know if you see anything else, or if anything pops up "on the airwaves".

Perhaps you could consider filing a report with MUFON.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Per your advice I went to the mufon website to submit a sighting. I notice that they ask for a lot of identifying info. I have nothing to hide but if I fill out that form a bunch of guys in black suits and sunglasses won't come to my house to "talk" with me right?

Will they, will they not
lol

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I envy you....every night i am sitting on my veranda for some time,trying to catch an UFO, no luck yet..

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
hmmmm, when i look up hills or mountain at night, cars with high beam on coming down a hill would fit your descriptions. them making a turn will give you the illusion that the light dimmed and when they come right at you it gets pretty bright even from 10 miles away. moving side to side on a zig zag mountain rouad would give you that speed contrast. a lot of time it looks as thought it flying but not seeing the mountain trick you into thinking so.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

I was like you once. A common civilian. But now I am part of a very elite club. A club that will be forever taunted and never believed. Hahaha. J/k. I know what you mean. I have forever looked up the stars wanting to see something unusual. I felt very shocked and excited for about the first 15min after I saw this. Then I told my fiance' and she said "wow, sounds crazy" and went back to dog the bounty hunter like nothin happened. Now I'm surprisingly past the whole ordeal. Almost like it didn't happen. Maybe it's the movies I watch desensitizing me or something. I felt so strongly a while ago but now I'm complacent about it. I didn't think the excitement would pass so quickly.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

I see what you are saying there but definately not. I live right below the foothills and watch cars coming down all the time. It was still slightly twilight out too so the top of the hills was easily differentiated from the sky. This thing started mid sky just like any airplane and towards the end of the sighting made it's way towards the east and was hovering maybe between 2/5 miles above the foothills. Good thoughts though. Thanks for the input.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If all you could see was a little light, it's likely the iPhone camera couldn't give you too much of a good photo or video image of it if you had it. I guess they do now have pretty high resolution (is it a new one?), but still at night...I wouldn't worry too much that you didn't have it with you.

Now that I just got a very high end video camera, I really should start taking it out to see if I ever catch anything. However, I live in the heart of Brooklyn, right under the main approach for LaGuardia airport, so odds are small I will see anything that isn't a plane coming in for a landing.

It's quite a story, though. Certainly more interesting than anything I've seen (all of which I could find more mundane explanations for, one way or another).

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Keep in mind that, because of the nature of UFO's, i.e. the fact that almost every UFO looks different, mass sightings are unusual and good UFO videos are rare, it's entirely possible that you imagined it.

I witnessed something similar, but to me it's like watching a youtube video. I can't tell if what I saw was real or not. I've seen "too" many UFO's to believe they were all true, but if they were, we Do have aliens here. The technology was either dreamlike, or just way beyond anything we humans have yet to concieve.

Ask yourself if you just "accepted" what you saw as the truth, when you saw it. Did your sighting "behave" like a dream. You just stood there, not questioning what you saw, or did you react the way you would if you were fully aware/awake? Did you do any rapid head movements just before the sighting?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Drexon]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexon

I saw what I saw. That's all there is to it. I don't have any problems with my noggin or my eyes. I'm only 28 so it's not old age dementia. It was as clear as walking into my garage every morning and seeing my truck. No mirages here. Anyway, I wasn't really looking to be believed or debunked so much. I mostly was hoping to get lucky and find someone else that saw the same thing. The story is completely unbelievable, I have no proof and no other witnesses that I know of. Until my malamute learns to talk I guess I'm alone in this one. I don't mind though. I don't believe half the stuff I read on here either.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I attempted to find out abot the helos flying around but I don't really know where to find that kind of info. I'm sure other people at least saw the helicopters scanning the area. Every once in a while the ghetto bird will pass over the nieghborhood but I've never seen 3 at once in all my many years living here.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Thank you for reporting your sighting. I appreciate knowing about your sighting and I am apt to believe you observed exactly what you stated. If you read up about similar sightings, you will find that many people report teams of 3 helicopters coincidental to their sighting of a UFO, particularly in the West and Southwest US.

That's why there are some who will say you probably just witnessed a test flight by some new "black ops" prototype aircraft or something. But, that would also make your report completely true and accurate wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Believe it or not about 1 week ago, I had a dream about a UFO being chased by a helicopter and 2 fighter jets. Then they went out of view when they went into a large cloud and out of sight.

Just weird to see this thread about something similar. In the dream I wasn't in my country and I was in a hot country.

Strange? I think so.

top topics

join