It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Comedy Central Watching Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I am not a big TV person. Personally, I think TVs look like little brainwash boxes that turn people into zombified sheeple who believe everything the box tells them to believe.

But when I do watch TV, I look at Comedy Central. I like the movies they show, some of their series are awesome, and the satire in their news shows is one-of-a-kind. Today I watched The Daily Show and Colbert Report and something hit me that should have clicked a long time ago. Almost every time I've watched these shows, they've reported on something I just recently read about on ATS. Verbatim. As a matter of fact, Stephen Colbert said something today that I SWEAR I read on ATS yesterday word for word.

My question is as follows:

Do ATS members watch CC and get ideas?

Or does CC watch ATS members and get ideas?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Staying topical may involve whats currently being discussed.
Previous threads have discussed issues brought up here and
mentioned on their shows.

I think they are watching us and many others. Nothing new.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

I notice this all the time with those type of "news" shows on the comedy channel...they tend to cover topics which actually matter more than the normal MSM "official" news...I actually take those type of news shows more seriously than the normal news...it actually boggles my mind how many important stories the normal news stations just ignore, and how poorly they cover the stories...my family members will often be like "did you hear about that"...and I'll be like "yeah, a few days ago, and I know the whole story".

[edit on 25/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

That's exactly why I stick with Comedy Central when I do watch TV. It's like a one stop shop. Their news shows do a much better job of covering things that regular news stations SHOULD cover. As long as you can sense the humor and sarcasm they use, the shows are pretty deep.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If your a writer and your under pressure to come up with new topical material every single day then you are pretty much going to take whatever you can get.

I have no doubt that they read this forum and probably dozens of others

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The slow one now
Will later be fast
The first ones now
Will later be last
These times they are a changin' - Bob Dylan

We are the new media, they are coming to us...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Maybe some of their writers do draw inspiration from our site, but I have two questions for you guys.

1) Do you really think we are that well known?

2) How do you know people on this site are not just quoting Comedy Central?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Maybe some of their writers do draw inspiration from our site, but I have two questions for you guys.

1) Do you really think we are that well known?

Millions of hits a day? The biggest alternative news website on the internet, yup we are that known, which is exactly why the MSM don't report on us.

2) How do you know people on this site are not just quoting Comedy Central?

That's easy, we pick our sources and show them to all, if we were quoting CC, would we not be linking to them all the time?

I'm assuming that the bulk of "new" media such as CC's news shows like Colbert and John Stewart LOVE our website and those like it. It provides fresh perspective as opposed to that dirty status quo we are all used to.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

1) I don't think we're that well known, that's why I'm surprised.

2) That is the same exact question I posed at the end of the OP. Read it!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
According to Alexa ATS is the 1,655th highest traffic website in the US, and the 3,554th in the world not sure if that is good or bad.

Strangly if you search for abovetopsecret.com on alexas search engine the first site in the results is an america.gov site debunking conspiracy theories

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's hard to imagine Colbert Report or Daily Show having fact checkers and researchers but it's evident that they do. However, I am fairly certain that they don't see ATS as a news source and would ridicule the community just as any major news program would. Any quick glance here would give the impression that we are all crazy nuts. One would have to spend time on ATS for awhile to see the diversity and understand that we are a varying degree of nuts.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
The slow one now
Will later be fast
The first ones now
Will later be last

We are the new media, they are coming to us...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

You got it my friend!
the internet and the things it does to us and to our immediate reality sphere haven been understood yet, some things are becoming evident, some aren't obvious at all! 100 years form now, books will be written on the dawn of the Interweb AGE, and how it amongst other things brought the end of the world as we know it, and how the people living in those days didn't realize what it really meant, but those that do, well, lets just say:

The slow one now
Will later be fast
The first ones now
Will later be last

BTW, i just really love south park, and the way Mr stoned, i mean Mr Stone and Mr Parker portray in just a slice the madness in it all...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i do not think so but i heard in soviet russia, TV watches you.

some things are just ridiculous even to a open mind.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

wow. That's intense. They have something like that in America too but people volunteer for it. Forgot what it's called...

btw, nice Bob Dylan lines everybody. I likey.

new topics

top topics

join