It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beck, Palin, "Restore Honor Tour"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

From someone who has routinely called people out for assuming others political affiliations, you sure like assuming other peoples political affiliations.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
personal testimony from a Washington D.C. resident who attended, and describing pamphlets handed out to him and his girlfriend:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Thanks for posting that. It's clear the rally was religio-military in nature. Real sorry I missed it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I compiled a list of videos containing Glenn Beck’s 8-28 “Restoring Honor” rally for a thread.

It contains pre-event video commentary, crowd interviews, videos of the event & speeches given, and a post event interview on FOX this morning with Chris Wallace and Glenn Beck.

The Opening Post is cut and dry, and I just introduce the videos:
Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" D.C. Event. Aug 28th, 2010. Many Videos.

Of course I will still participate in this thread, and voice my personal opinions. The thread i started is just intended to be a "one stop shop" for actual footage and interviews concerning the 8-28 Restoring Honor rally.

Thought I would share,
et

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Beck and Palin aside, I must say this.

No one with more than a million dollars in their bank account knows anything about honor. You don't get rich by holding hands and helping others. You get rich by stepping on ppl on your way to the American dream. You know, like quitting your gov. job for your book deal? Or creating a controversial TV persona while you push Gold shares.

The "Haves" are always in the position to tell the "have nots" what's best. Funny thing is........... All they push for is more for themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Those videos were crazy, Glen Beck going on about Americans and Native Americans being Gods chosen people, where the hell is this information coming from? People clapping along like he's some type of guru.

The one with the old black guy as well, it was like he was thanking those good white folks for the scraps off the table. Very weird. I imagine MLK must have been rolling in his grave.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
I can only hope that their supporters will show up and strip themselves naked and riot.

Beck and Palin can strip themselves naked and riot, too.

Actually, Glenn Beck wore a bullet proof vest as part of his attire for the rally...

(mentioned near end of this 9 min 5 sec portion of his radio broadcast post 8-28 event)

Glenn Beck's Post 8-28 Radio Show(9:05):

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
I do not know you nor wish to do so.

Then you'll remain ignorant of who I am and in that case you don't look so hot when you think that I have the same religious beliefs that Glenn Beck has.
Whatever.

Okay ... so here's a guy who admits he just went for a little while and didn't stay. He says there was one black guy and one hispanic guy who were speakers (he missed the multitudes of 'colorful' people on the stage including the niece of MLK) ... his little subtitles on the side of this say he has no clue as to why there were 'don't tred on me' flags and he doesn't know who the people think are tredding on them (geeeze!) ... he kept saying 'wierd ... wierd' .. and he thought it was 'wierd' that there were pamphlets with bible quotes on them at a RELIGIOUS rally.

He claims to be from DC but that he doesn't see that many people with flag shirts. That's silly. When I was healthy we'd go into DC all the time and there were TONS of people with flags on their shirts. Although I must say the souviner T-Shirts that said 'FBI'or 'CIA' were more popular (I got the CIA ones). So what is his beef with people going to a religious rally and praying for their country and wearing patriotic clothing?

I saw the rally. I saw the sweeps of the crowds. There was nothing para-military about it. There was nothing white-supremist or racist about it. It wasn't political. The organizers said 'no political signs' and most everyone followed the spirit of the rally and kept it religious.

Whatever. He's expressing his opinion and he obviously disagrees with Beck. But he didn't even see the event and his complaints about shirts with flags on them .... that's silly to me. (oh .. and I didn't see any camaflage T-Shirts or bright orange hunting hats during the camera sweeps of the audience, and even if a few were in the crowd ... so what? My teenage daughter wears cami T-shirts now and then, and she's not a white supremist )

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Actually, Glenn Beck wore a bullet proof vest as part of his attire for the rally...

I thought so. I kept looking ... and it looked like there was something on under his shirt. And considering how hot it was and how much sweat was pouring off him ... add to that the heat and weight of the vest ... wow ... not bad for an ol' guy!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Glen Beck going on about Americans and Native Americans being Gods chosen people, where the hell is this information coming from?

The Mormon Church. They believe that.
At least, that's what I've been told.

I imagine MLK must have been rolling in his grave.

Why?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA

Glenn, can we please see the pic of you and Alveda again? It really does show us all how much you care and how much of a not racist Conservative you are. Keep showing us that picture.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Glenn, can we please see the pic of you and Alveda again?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Obvious political trolling thread - with the added twisted mental process of the OP wanting to see Beck, Palin and their supporters strip naked.

ATS has sunk to a new low IMO to have this thread still open, or at least moved to BTS ...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Obvious political trolling thread - with the added twisted mental process of the OP wanting to see Beck, Palin and their supporters strip naked.

Figuratively speaking, you obliged!
So it worked.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I thought so. I kept looking ... and it looked like there was something on under his shirt. And considering how hot it was and how much sweat was pouring off him ... add to that the heat and weight of the vest ... wow ... not bad for an ol' guy!

yep.... i don't blame him for wearing it... there have been a few threats against him....especially from the New Black Panthers.....

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Glen Beck going on about Americans and Native Americans being Gods chosen people, where the hell is this information coming from?

The Mormon Church. They believe that.
At least, that's what I've been told.

I imagine MLK must have been rolling in his grave.

Why?

yep...they do believe that.....but they do not discount the Israelite people in the middle east ...

also....i personally have never heard Glenn espouse this doctrine...though.... this is a belief that stems prior to the Mormons...back to the times of founding fathers and i think prior to that also...1700's ....

Thomas Jefferson noted that certain of the tribes.... followed ceremonies and sabbaths not unlike the Jewsish customs....though him and adams disagreed adams thought they were descended for egyptians....turns out they were talking about different tribes...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
HAHAHAHAHA

Glenn, can we please see the pic of you and Alveda again? It really does show us all how much you care and how much of a not racist Conservative you are. Keep showing us that picture.

the one with Palin praying for 10 mins is my favorite.... but that is soooo political.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Beck...restoring honor...suuuuuuuure

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

ATS has sunk to a new low IMO to have this thread still open, or at least moved to BTS ...

Like the 1,500 Obama eligibility threads?

You are fair and balanced

FOX

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
We should require businesses that hire someone to give them an extra 25% if they are a one working household, or the government could cut their taxes back 25%. This would allow one of the spouses to stay home with the kids and stop them from raising themselves or being raised in a gang.

I agree with you on this, but I would probably do something even more drastic. Two-income households create a wealth of problems, not just for the children but for the couples themselves, and the economy at large.

People have the notion that two incomes are neccessary, but if we could somehow get back to every household being a one income household, then prices would have to adjust accordingly. It would be easier to ensure that every household would have an income, since no household would be hogging extra jobs.

I also believe that it would lower the divorce rate. Couples wouldn't fight over dumb stuff like who cleans/cooks what because the one who doesn't work would have the time to do that stuff. Fast food could go back to being a treat rather than the order of the day, so the family would also be physically healthier. Couples/families could actually spend time together, rather than spending more time apart. (You know, like people who purposely work different shifts so someone could always be home with the kids, but when you have a couple having so little time together like that it backfires terribly. They have no more sense of connection and it's easier to fall for someone else that they spend more time with like people at work.)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join