It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beck, Palin, "Restore Honor Tour"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
we separate church and state for a reason.

There isnt' a separation of church and state. Not really.
There is only the rule that the state can't sponsor a church.

There is a big difference between the gov't sponsoring a church, and the gov't allowing US citizens to hold a prayer rally on the public steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by justacitizen

I stand corrected, my bad, I just heard him say "there were over a thousand people here today," and I thought that was it, guess I should of watched the whole thing.

spec

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What is so sad - - is this circus has followers.

Seriously blind followers.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
All these pages and still not one of Beck's supporters has been able to explain what honor is being restored. I would specifically like to know how these white folks are planning on restoring honor to MLK and his memory. Where did that honor go that it needs to be restored?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindyremains
All these pages and still not one of Beck's supporters has been able to explain what honor is being restored. I would specifically like to know how these white folks are planning on restoring honor to MLK and his memory. Where did that honor go that it needs to be restored?

First, "Beck supporter" sounds pejorative in the context of your post. While not a "supporter", I believe he speaks many truths focusing light on things going on in this government that no one in the MSM has the stones to investigate. But more to the point...

Restoring honor means reinvigorating the principals of our county's founding such as limited government and all people be responsible for their own lives and families.

Restoring honor means living the words of MLK that men should me judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

Those who play the race and intolerance cards at anyone with whom they disagree are not acting with honor. Those that disrespectfully attack the persons and their character, instead of their ideas, are not honorable.

Government leaders who boldly lie to our faces are not honorable. Leaders who take an oath to protect the constitution and then set about to find anyway possible to ignore, subvert and trash that document, are not honorable. Leaders that blindly follow an ideology antithetical to the vast majority of the citizens who elected them. are not honorable.

These are but just a few of the reasons a grass roots movement is sweeping this nation. The silent majority is silent no more. We are starving for the old fashioned values that made this country great, such as self reliance, passionate love for our country, respect for our fellow man and a reverence for someone or something bigger than ourselves.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by justacitizen]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindyremains
All these pages and still not one of Beck's supporters has been able to explain what honor is being restored.

There aren't really 'all these pages'. This is a short thread (so far).
Sometimes I like Beck, sometimes he's awful.
But to answer that question - some definitions of honor -

- A good name or public esteem.
- a showing of usually merited respect
- One's word given as a garuntee of performance
- a keen sense of ethical conduct

During the rally, it was continually brought up that people need to start restoring honor IN THE HOME first. With FAMILY first. With CHURCHES leading the way. To live with honor, as an example of honor. Raise children so they conduct themselves with honor. Go to churches that don't preach hate but instead honor God and neighbor.

It is VERY obvious that honor needs to be restored in this country. Do you really think the USA has a 'good name' or that it's elected officials are held high in the public esteem?? Absolutely not. Do you think people treat each other with respect throughout this country? Definately not. Do you think that you can trust anyone in government or in the press? Can you trust their word? Not a chance. And as far as ethical conduct .. our jails are full and overflowing, our elected leaders lie, the MSM lies, ....

.... you really need someone to spell out to you where this country is lacking in honor and exactly how those at the rally hope to bring honor back?? Well .. there ya' go. I just gave it to you.

I would specifically like to know how these white folks are planning on restoring honor to MLK and his memory.

Pretty much everyone at that rally - black, white, Native American, Hispanic, those of mixed race, etc etc - I think pretty much everyone there honored MLK during the rally. Go out and live so the "i have a dream' speech can be a reality everywhere ... that sort of thing. MLK was honored. The rally was attended by, and conducted by, Americans of every ethnicity and different creeds. They came together acknowledging those things that they have in common - in love and not hate. That's what MLK wanted. And that's what happened. That's honoring him and his legacy.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cindyremains

What part of colorblind is it that you don't get?
stop with the race thing, we are in this together. I never cared about the melanin content, but as long as people like you continues to focus on it, we ain't getting nowhere. How about thinking obout the right thing, as opposed the the right vs. left thing?

[edit on 8/28/2010 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Only 1000 people huh?

Looks like more then that to me........

It was a good, thing people in America did today,they took their time, to go out of their way, and spend money they are scraping to get, to support honorable people in this nation...and raise their voices for REAL change.

All you nay sayers apparently cannot grasp the goodness in that. So blinded by political ideology are you, that you cannot even see a good thing when its in front of your face, because its being done by someone you dont "like".

Perhaps one day that EGO will give way to TRUE human compassion, and TRUE ideas of right and wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Grief.... If you want to tarnish the image of a genuine grassroots movement just slap Beck and Palin’s face all over it and you’ll be off to a good start.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by justacitizen
First, "Beck supporter" sounds pejorative in the context of your post.

First, you are going to have to explain that for me.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT

What part of colorblind is it that you don't get?

I get every part of it. When were were discussing it?

stop with the race thing, we are in this together.

Maybe you can remind me what MLK's speech was about?

I never cared about the melanin content, but as long as people like you continues to focus on it, we ain't getting nowhere. How about thinking obout the right thing, as opposed the the right vs. left thing?

I am not the least bit focused on it. I feel doubtful you understand the concept of "focus."
I simply do not understand why Beck feels he needs to restore honor to the memory of MLK. Instead of getting angry and defensive, or just making things up like that last post to me, how about you explain it.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

What good was actually done today? Why would Beck and Palin need the money poor people need to scrap together? To support them in what? They are rich, are they not? What are they using this money for?

On a side note, given the current and past scandals with goldline, why should I put trust in a shill for them as well as someone who abandoned the people that put her in office? What do they have to offer me in the way of honor again?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Again, more personal attacks. Can you gin up some actual discussion about what they say?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Can anyone summarize this event for the non-americans in the crowd?

All I am getting is that there was a big rally today, which some people strongly support and other people strongly oppose.

What - exactly - was this about? I dont`t mean in broad terms like "upholding the constitution" or "encouraging racist divisions", I mean: What was actually said? What were the points made at this rally?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by justacitizen

nice post,

i would like to add "accountability" "responsibility" to restoring honor.

we have to have that also or it's all moot?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Can anyone summarize this event for the non-americans in the crowd?

All I am getting is that there was a big rally today, which some people strongly support and other people strongly oppose.

What - exactly - was this about? I dont`t mean in broad terms like "upholding the constitution" or "encouraging racist divisions", I mean: What was actually said? What were the points made at this rally?

vox2442, Basically this: Glenn Beck calls for national revival, Beck, a fiery conservative populist, had urged his followers to leave political signs at home. He said that he wanted to celebrate America’s military personnel and accounted that the rally raised $5.5 million, which would go to the veterans' charity Special Operations Warrior Foundation after defraying event costs.

Read more: www.politico.com...

OR: www.politico.com...

vox2442, I hope this helps you. And I wanted to mention, I was very surprised that Indeed, President Barack Obama was not referred to by name on stage once during the three-and-a-half hour program.

The focus of the rally was more explicitly religious than political, with many speakers openly professing their Christian faith, including Beck.

Read more: www.politico.com...

[edit on 28-8-2010 by guohua]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
[color=414141]glenn beck is yucky
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

[color=414141]glenn beck & fox news sucks. fox news lies.
clearly cgi. those pics look altered.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Restore honour?

A good cause.

But first, let it begin at:-

1 Home:- Love your wife faithfully and sincerely. Should you have kids, to give them the best you can in time and effort, not to spoil them, but to build their character as well as intelligence. Nothing and no one else is more important than one's family.

2. Church, Mosque, Temple, Synagogue, Charity foundationsp:- Come clean with tithes, no hoarding or 'savings' to enhance the facade of churches, or pay over and above wages for staff, have auditing accounts, no frivolous spending, use every cent collected instead to help the community.

Religious institutions are only meant for fellowship, discussions and debates on ideas and concepts for progress and evolution, not a dictatorial platform to enforce one's mortal will upon divine creation. The true temple is one's heart and not some artificial creation of cold stone.

Focus on the words of our Creator and prophets, but NOT the words or interpretations of man, espacially the priests on the pulpit.

Can even these simple virtues be done? If one cannot even restores one's own heart, why bother with a call on others to restore the Nation's honour?

If one truly seeks restoration, then start with a pledge to start with oneself first. We are all flawed beings, and will err, but each time we err, relook at the pledge, see how far we had drift from, and then to correct it. Enough with hypocrisy and circuses.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

America is a Republic
There was a gathering of people
Half the people support
The other half mocks it.
Its like, do you want some cream in your coffee
and you respond with
Yes I like Half and Half!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What happened at the rally? Do any of you see a Republican party split coming? 1912!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join