It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Eltanin' and Grand Canyon Isis Temple? What if ..?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hi all
I dont really know where to put this thread, as it glances on conspiracy theory, ancient civilizations and alien theory. Which forum do I choose?
I was getting myself 'lost' on the net looking for something/anything interesting, when something I was reading jogged my memory about the Eltanin antenna. I remember a news article a long time ago in a newspaper and I decided to refresh my memory.
After a search on Eltanin on ATS I posted a few questions a couple of weeks ago in an old thread started by William One Sac on the Eltanin topic, but well no-one picked up and so I thought I'd try to answer my questions myself using the net.
I thought I'd share with ATS'ers the interesting path my bit of research took me, and also share a few interesting 'What If's ...?' with you too. i hope you find it interesting.
This is my first attempt at this research lark so i apologise if i present it poorly (advice appreciated where improvements are needed). I dont know how to do some links and quote bits from other sites, so if I've gone wrong would someone please put them right for me, I really havent a clue how to put them as they should be - thank you in advance.
Deep breath, here goes:
What if there's more to the ELTANIN thing?
As I mentioned above, I was looking for information regarding the Eltanin antenna and thought I'd begin by trying to find out how the USNS Eltanin came by it's name because the antenna was named after the ship that found it.
USNS Eltanin was named after a bright but dying star in the Draco constellation, and it was re-assigned as a Scientific Oceanographic Research vessel in 1962

en.wikipedia.org...(T-AK-270

At the time it found the antenna it was bouncing a camera along the sea bed checking out the geology down there. What for? Could have been looking at clues for oil maybe. Could have been some other science research. Or it could have been looking for the actual Eltanin Crater that still to this day has never been located:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

What If? ... what if the USNS Eltanin was named after the Eltanin impact event because it was assigned a special/secret project all of it's own?
What if ... that project might involve an ancient and/or ET civilization and our beginnings?
My interest was piqued when I was looking up some of the names of people who were on board the Eltanin when it photographed the antenna, and who it was who identified it as a type of sea sponge.
I discovered that Charles D. Hollister and Bruce C. Heezen had identified this ojbect as Cladorhiza concrescens, a type of sea sponge, so having assumed these people were marine biologists and I looked them up on the net, I found that Hollister and Heezen werent marine biologists but they were geologists.
Continued next post ...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is an article about the discovery of the antenna to refresh:

www.forteantimes.com...

What I find puzzling is why consult a geologist regarding the identification of a rare marine plant, when the onboard senior marine biologist Dr. Thomas Hopkins said it couldn't be a plant?
Would a geologist be more knowledgable on deep ocean marine plants than a marine biologist? I don't know.
In another article somewhere it mentions that A.F. Amos was contacted after they found the antenna/plant. I wondered who he was and why would he know about a marine plant. A search for A.F. Amos found an oceanographer who studied turtles and such, named Anthony F. Amos. Info:

www.utmsi.utexas.edu...

How would he identify a plant I asked myself. There was a marine biologist on board who 'd never heard of it before. I was puzzled.

Search also came up with Air Force Maui Optical Station (AF AMOS), whose mission is to research and develop new and evolving electro-optical sensors (whatever that means). More info:

www.fas.org...

So what?
Let's go with the forteantimes article (linked above) and the alien theme.
What if ... they already knew there was an antenna down there? And what if that's the reason USNS Eltanin was named so (impact event), and was sent to look for this antenna?
What if ... the Air Force AMOS was contacted after discovering the antenna, and not the oceanographer A.F. Amos? Why? Maybe because they found what they were looking for.
Hmm ... How would they have known about an antenna so deep on the sea bed in the first place? Or where to look for it?
I looked further:
Also associated with the Eltanin antenna was Bruce Cathie, a pilot who figured out that the Earth is webbed by harmonic energy type lines and that they are stronger on the points where they connect and criss-cross over each other. He also says that these 'strong' points match up exactly with ancient Egyptian and other ancient monuments, and military bases situated around the world.

www.secretofnine.com...

Eltanin is in the Draco constellation and used to be the pole star in ancient times (i didnt know this).

stars.astro.illinois.edu...

It was when I was reading further into these intersecting harmonic lines and monument sites and their locations, i came across this (link below) that says ancient Egyptian treasures were found in the Grand Canyon Isis Temple. And that the GC Isis Temple is oriented to Eltanin (star) and harmonic energy points connect at this location, it says there were 30,000 artifacts recovered after they were discovered and sent to the Smithsonian Intitute, but now the Institute say they know nothing about it or there are no records. But the government has the whole temple area 'out of bounds' and no-one can go have a look. Story here:

www.rense.com...

www.fortunecity.com...

Also interesting is this - Ohio Serpent Mounds and Eltanin:

epochrevelations.com...

I cant find it now but I'm sure i read somewhere on the web that the Grand Canyon Isis Temple has been off-limits since the Smithsonian funded investigation/expedition in 1962 (the Eltanin antenna was found in 1964). Cant be sure about that so I'll see if I can find this ref and get back.
Continued next post ...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Meanwhile, here are a few 'what if's ..?'
What if it's true about artifacts found at Grand Canyon Isis Temple? What if this is the real reason it's all off-limits?
What if artifacts revealed an ancient Egyptian type culture, and all ancient civilization's connection with Eltanin and Draconis?
What if the artifacts found there told of beings from Draconis that came here 2.5 million years ago in a craft, landed in the ocean and burrowed under the ocean bed? (Eltanin impact event/ejecta present but no crater)
What if artifacts told of a communications or 'beacon' type device placed deep under the ocean that points to 'home' (Eltanin) and giving the location of the device? (Eltanin antenna)
What if, after discovering artifacts with this information, TPTB decided to build an ice-breaking research ship to go see if there is geological evidence of such an event, and name said vessel 'Eltanin' because of this purpose? (meanwhile close off the Isis Temple area)
What if, a couple of years later while searching the ocean bed the Eltanin finds the antenna, and privy scientists on board immediately contact Air Force AMOS (and not Anthony F. Amos) to tell them they have found what they were sent to look for?
What if, after finding the antenna and realizing that what the Grand Canyon artifacts reveal is true, Air Force AMOS then refer any outside enquiries about their find to two geologists Hollister and Heezer who are told to come up with something? Hence the sea sponge plant story. (They identified it as a plant and presented a pathetic drawing of a real marine plant that was drawn in the 1880's).
And that's it so far.
If these 'what if's' were true, it would connect together the Eltanin Impact event, antenna, ancient Egyptian and other ancient cultures, harmonic energy lines, and the reason for conspiracy. Would TPTB hide these discoveries from us? I think they would.
Does anyone else have any thoughts?
It's my first attempt at anything like researching stuff and such but that's probably obvious lol.
If nothing else, my 'what if's' would make a good story for a film. I'd certainly watch it lol.
dooby

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
As far as putting threads together, check out this thread, as it gives pretty good reference for BB code.

As far as your thread, good job. A lot of good information that I have yet to digest and fact check for myself. However, there seems to be a lot "what ifs?" and while it's fun to imagine "what if", I tend not to dig myself too deep in it because then conjecture can overule any objectivity you may have. With that being said, it's almost impossible to not "what if?" when dealing with this kind of subject.

Finally, I was not aware of this antenna, nor the research vessel that found it and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. This is the kind of thing that I absolutely love. It captures my imagination and intrigue. With this being said, I try not to jump to too much of a far-fetched conclusion because 9 times out of 10, there is a much more rational and reasonable explantion, probably something more mundane.

As far as these theories about energy points, terrestrial electric grid lines and ley lines that connect with the pyramids and other ancient structures, I just don't buy it. I have looked into that before and it all seems like a bunch of "hoopla" and wishful thinking to me. Really, the chances are pretty fair that you can connect many points on a globe with each other on some kind of grid.

Anyway, S&F and I'll keep on looking into it.

--airspoon

[edit on 25-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I love how the internet exposes all the lies and cover-up's. I have never heard of this until now wow s+f i always thought the egyptian mayan pyramids were connected........i have soo many questions
what were the artifacts found? were are they? how did they traverse the distance between empires? etc.....

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
But maybe it really is just a sponge.
Truly odd looking one, but just a sponge.
www.treehugger.com...

[edit on 8/26/2010 by Pauligirl]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I don’t think the Egyptians made it to the Grand Canyon
www.philipcoppens.com...

Canyonitis: Seeing evidence of ancient Egypt in the Grand Canyon

Is there, within the Grand Canyon, an enigmatic system of tunnels that is evidence of an ancient Egyptian voyage to America? Is it all bogus? Or is the truth most likely somewhere in between?

But it was a good first try.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

What about this story about Egyptians in Australia.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Great thread! Never heard of this...

I will say.. my first attempt at doing a little of my own research on this has me raising my brow.

Of course the first thing one would want to do is identify the structure. So far, the explanation has been given that it's the sponge: Cladorhiza Concrescens

That was what....40 years or more ago? Well...when i Image Search Cladorhiza concrescens or Web search for this Sponge... I only find 2 (TWO) photo's of it. And... i'm no expert..( i look at ALOT of underwater photo's of Marine life and such ).but the photo's... just look weird.. first thought came to MY head is photo-shopped

That's weird to me... only 2 pictures..this was discovered 40 years ago. Then i thought, well.. it IS in the friggin ANTARCTIC! lol.....

but then.....I saw this:

WoRMS

WoRMS taxon details

Cladorhiza concrescens Schmidt, 1880
AphiaID: 366415

Classification: Cladorhizidae (Family) > Cladorhiza (Genus)

Status unaccepted (genus transfer)
Record
status Checked by Taxonomic Editor
Accepted name Chondrocladia (Chondrocladia) concrescens (Schmidt, 1880)
Rank Species
Parent Cladorhiza Sars, 1872

Source original description: Schmidt, O. 1880b. Die Spongien des Meerbusen von Mexico (Und des caraibischen Meeres). Heft II. Abtheilung II. Hexactinelliden. Abtheilung III. Tetractinelliden. Monactinelliden und Anhang. Nachträge zu Abtheilung I (Lithistiden). Pp. 33-90, pls V-X. In: Reports on the dredging under the supervision of Alexander Agassiz, in the Gulf of Mexico, by the USCSS ‘Blake’. (Gustav Fischer:Jena). [details] [full text]

Environment marine, brackish, fresh, terrestrial
Fossil range recent only
Distribution Eastern Caribbean

I've edited a little of the above, due to it being so much info... but what stands out to me is... it was found in warm water... in the 1800's.

and here is the description it was given:

"This discovery was made in several stages. The first was the work of a Norwegian zoologist Michael Sars, who in 1872 described a bizarre sponge, living about 550 m near the Lofoten Islands. Stuck in the mud by a system of rhizoids, like a small tree with many branches, it was more like a hydroid. But she had spicules, silica characteristic elements of the skeleton of sponges. He called Cladorhiza abyssicola, while surprised to see no trace of channels, pores and oscula usual in sponges. With logic, he set his absence on account of bad condition of the animal after its ascent from the depths to dredge. It was still a doubt: the surface was covered with branches tiny hook-shaped spicules, and many small animals and particles were glued to the surface very sticky. Sars wondered if the food of the sponge would not be different from that of the sponge system with aquiferand could not be made from the bodies and particles attached to its surface."

picture and quote

what i am getting at is this..

There are ALOT of pictures of this Sponge's Marine "Family"....
ONly the TWO of that particular sponge i can find...that is cut n pasted all over the internet...SAME TWO PICS...

Another thing....

If the Gov wanted to cover up the finding, the report above was written in the 1800's....Navy gets with marine Biologist's and say.. find us something to cover this....the description is a little similar to what they saw on the image from the Eltanin.....and just brush it off as that...

Might be something to this... Am i conveying my point? LOL this has been my first real attempt at any kind of posting research here too...haha!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thank you for reading. I love this sort of stuff too.

sorry for not replying sooner but I was up until after 5am and I've not long since risen, and I feel like death on a stick to be honest (groan).

Regarding the Isis Temple area and the Gazette report of 1909, I was under the impression that it was a one off report not mentioned again before or since. But then I read this

Could the Story be True? There are a few points that would seem to indicate that the 1909 article describes a genuine discovery. If the article were a late April Fool¹s joke or merely a fictitious article created to fill space on an otherwise slow news day, one would assume that the mention of the story would be a one time occurrence.

The article begins: "The latest news of the progress of the explorations of what is now regarded by scientists as not only the oldest archaeological discovery in the United States, but one of the most valuable in the world, which was mentioned some time ago in the Gazette."

There was a previous story printed in the Gazette about the explorations of G. E. Kincaid. On March 12, 1909 a short, mundane description of Kincaid's journey is given. Only the last sentence, "Some interesting archaeological discoveries were unearthed..." gives any indication of the fantastic discoveries made on his trip. It seems unlikely that such a short, straightforward article would have been fabricated to set up a fictional story that would not be printed for another three weeks.

www.crystalinks.com...

Interesting that there were two reports. And they were three weeks apart. The second Gazette article gives an interesting and detailed report on the expedition by Kincaid, and says the Smithsonian funded it.

Another thing just popped in my head, I read a while back somewhere about similar caves in Tibet were found. I'm sure I read that china has made this area off-limits for the same reasons that area's of the Grand Canyon are off-limits - unsafe. I think I read that anyone interested in the Tibet caves have to apply to the chinese PTB for a permit and these are almost never granted, or something like that. I cant remember details but I will see what I can find about it and refresh my memory a bit.

Two similar stories - reports of caves found in mountainous and rocky areas, both off-limits to all but a privy few.

I'm at work in a couple of hours so I'll prob post back later tonight. Need some sleep first, so tired and cant concentrate.

This sort of stuff is sooo absorbing.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spannera

www.crystalinks.com...

How interesting is that? Just had a quick glance over and will have a proper look at it later (work soon).

Thank you for that link.

Also if anyone else can think of anything else interesting like this I would love to hear about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spannera

www.crystalinks.com...

Found this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
which lead to this
www.donsmaps.com...

Some of the more recently added glyphs. All the glyphs show sharp edges consistent with being recently carved in the sandstone, though some people want to believe that the glyphs are ancient. New carvings are being added to the site from time to time. Even on the day of my visit, Neil pointed out several new glyphs carved since his last visit, and indeed, the scratches in the rock were made into clean, white sandstone.

So, while I can't say there were never Egyptians in Australia, this isn't proof they were.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I love how the internet exposes all the lies and cover-up's. I have never heard of this until now wow s+f i always thought the egyptian mayan pyramids were connected........i have soo many questions
what were the artifacts found? were are they? how did they traverse the distance between empires? etc.....

I'm not sure what artefacts were found, but Kincaid said he saw huge mummies and Egyptian type things, he said the caves led into a labyrinth of tunnel systems and these tunnels led to huge caverns that were hewn out of solid rock. In these caverns he said he found weapons like swords with metal blades, armour type things, a shrine and what he thought looked like a grain store.
He said the tunnels extended for miles.

In one of the links i posted it says that smoke was put through the tunnels to see where/if they exited above ground, smoke was said to be seen coming out of a remote cave-like opening in New Mexico, and more interesting was an inferrence to a Dulce connection).

Maybe if these tunnels extend as far as New Mexico it is possible they extend further? Could this be how they traveled to other destinations i wonder. I dont know.

Alot to think about.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
But maybe it really is just a sponge.
Truly odd looking one, but just a sponge.
www.treehugger.com...

[edit on 8/26/2010 by Pauligirl]

Yes I've seen these pictures too. And indeed it could well possibly actually be a sponge. But something about these two pictures niggles me, they dont look like they're pictures of the same thing to me.

Also what puzzles me is why didn't the senior biologist on board the USNS Eltanin recognize and identify it?

Someone has posted something else interesting in that the actual sea sponge it was identified it as, lives only in warm waters not freezing.

Thanks for the link

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

I don’t think the Egyptians made it to the Grand Canyon
www.philipcoppens.com...

Canyonitis: Seeing evidence of ancient Egypt in the Grand Canyon

Is there, within the Grand Canyon, an enigmatic system of tunnels that is evidence of an ancient Egyptian voyage to America? Is it all bogus? Or is the truth most likely somewhere in between?

But it was a good first try.

Thanks again
I can see what you mean and yes Canyonitis (lol) makes sense too.
But I think it also strange that area's of the Grand Canyon were renamed with ancient Egyptian names, and that these areas actually do look like pyramids. This is what makes me wonder if there's more to it than 'canyonitis'.

Maybe there isnt more to it, I dont know.

But what if there is????
I cant make my mind up.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Godz Enigma

Thankyou for that info there Godz, so it lives in warm waters eh? I didnt know that

I also thought it strange that an image search produced only 2 pics, something else to wonder about.

I dont know about other posters but i get a niggling feeling that pieces of this story dont fit in right.

They took a photograph of a 'sponge' on the bottom of a freezing ocean, then tell us it's the same species that only lives in warm waters?

Thanks for the extra info Godz, smashin. More please if ya find anything

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for reading and for the extra links
I'll read them all after work tonight and looking forward to it.

If you find anything else relevant please share, I love reading about this sort of stuff and never tire of it.

Work soon, back later.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

After reading your posts here and many of the supplemental articles/posts I couldn't help but think that I had heard of this before somewhere else. I just popped my copy of Transformers in to check the dates: According to the movie the 'cube' was found in the Grand Canyon in 1913.

To add another 'what if'...What if this information is the reason behind the reference in the movie?

There is a massive amount of evidence to show that the media is used to blur the truth about topics government finds inconvenient. In this case by mentioning a similar discovery in a movie people will ignore or discredit the truth.

I'm not in any way disputing or detracting from your work or the work of others; I just find it interesting that there is such a close parallel. It is often mentioned that the best place to hide something is in plain site. If, like me, people read this info and remember that scene from the movie they will lose interest in the original story as it will seem obvious that the two are one and the same.

I saw that in a movie immediatly counters the legitimacy of a real story (and sourced from a Sci-Fi movie is even better).

Just something to think about that may add some additional wieght to the 1909 data you have presented.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I have read about the Egyptian artifacts found in the Grand Canyon. I believe there were other things such as a Buddha statue and a room that had statues if I remember correctly all around the room. I have a picture somewhere I got online.

Found it. This is a rendition of what he supposedly saw.

Here is another

I have found very little inregards to this. I don't think I can completely dismiss it just yet esp since that area was immediately made government property and nobody is allowed there. Also the Smithsonian denied everything when before they actually sponsored the expedition.

I think that maybe they did find something there in that canyon and chose to keep it secret.

If this is true it would change a lot of the history we are taught and who really wants to do that.

It's hard for me to say this is completely false when from what I have read just raises more questions.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
Very interesting indeed.

After reading your posts here and many of the supplemental articles/posts I couldn't help but think that I had heard of this before somewhere else. I just popped my copy of Transformers in to check the dates: According to the movie the 'cube' was found in the Grand Canyon in 1913.

To add another 'what if'...What if this information is the reason behind the reference in the movie?

There is a massive amount of evidence to show that the media is used to blur the truth about topics government finds inconvenient. In this case by mentioning a similar discovery in a movie people will ignore or discredit the truth.

I saw that in a movie immediatly counters the legitimacy of a real story (and sourced from a Sci-Fi movie is even better).

I'm not in any way disputing or detracting from your work or the work of others; I just find it interesting that there is such a close parallel. It is often mentioned that the best place to hide something is in plain site. If, like me, people read this info and remember that scene from the movie they will lose interest in the original story as it will seem obvious that the two are one and the same.

Just something to think about that may add some additional wieght to the 1909 data you have presented.

I totally agree with you. I have done the same when on occasion I have heard/read puzzling stories. I recall thinking a few times 'that's not a real story, that was in a film'.

In one of the links i posted i think it's mentioned that the discovery of the Eltanin antenna thing resembles an episode of X-Files.

Oh how i'd like to be a fly on the walls of 'the government within the government'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join