It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror movie recommendations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
Burning bright

A thriller centered on a young woman and her autistic little brother who are trapped in a house with a ravenous tiger during a hurricane.

Doesn't sound like much but I was on the edge of my seat at parts....

Just caught this on DVD yesterday. Pretty awesome movie. Did not expect much from it but ended up loving it. My fave part is when the autistic kid and the tiger are face to face and he looks pretty indifferent about it. Not even one mention of William lake at all so I wonder how many people who saw it are trying to figure out the title for a movie about a pissed off tiger left to roam around a house? Good times.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by insanityissanity
I love horror flickies, I have to recommend Dario Argentos 'SUSPIRIA', its different, it has the perfect music to create that eerie feeling, it makes no sense, and it makes loads of sense at the same time. That and I liked silent hill.

Suspiria is a must see movie. Also see Dario's Deep Red, Tenebrae, Opera, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage... (I'm not sure what order is best to get into Dario actually)

The original The Omen is terrific.

Quarantine was fun survival horror. Someone said [REC] (the spanish original) is scarier but I've heard that they are both basically the same as well.

Basically tons of survival horror movies with multiple enemies (zombies/creatures/aliens or whatever):
The Descent
Aliens
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Dawn of the Dead

Lots of people have suggested I watch Audition. I still need to do that.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have to admit that Audition kind of disappointed me, I guess I just didn't get it.
The last horror I watched was "Frozen" it detailed the horrors of getting trapped on a ski lift in New England! Good for a laugh but not exactly a masterpiece

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Saw this ages back and I'm really glad I bought it, was about £2 on Amazon at the time and worth every penny.

I love horror films, sometimes moody and really unsettling, other times I like to kick back with a beer and cigarette
and watch something mind-blowingly stupid and fun...

This is it: Evil Aliens.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ive been watching heaps too lately, id reco -

REC 2 - Spanish horror. US version known as quarantine. I started with REC 2 didnt really impact the story for me I was blown away.

Drag me to hell - if you liked evil dead it has a kind of similar feel, as in the sam raimi feel !

Are you looking just recent or even oldies?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Some of my favourite horror films:

The Prophecy
Wishmaster
In the mouth of madness(if someone hasn't seen this movie i strongly suggest that you do)
The people under the stairs
The serpent and the rainbow
The mist
30 days of night
28 days later
28 weeks later
The keep

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

"The people under the stairs" is a classic if only for the scene where Everett McGill runs around in a Gimp suit firing a Shotgun

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

For my money, and with no doubt, the Original version of The Shining is worth its weight in gold for scares!

Awesome movie.

That is an absolute masterpiece of a film, the atmosphere it creates really does unnerve you, I wish I hadn't seen it so I could watch it again for the first time. Jack Nicholson has to be at least a little bit mental in real life to be able to play that part how he did, amazing performance.

Some other good horrors not mentioned (although not in the same league as The Shining) are ''In the Mouth of Madness'' - ''Serpent and the Rainbow''- ''Poltergiest''- ''Lords of Illusion'', B-movies to some but A-movies to others.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"Soylent Green" is another prophetic/apocalyptic bit of film noir from 1973 that, among a very telling look at the inevitability of the inherent side effects of global warming, was also the first public look at the technology of IMAX.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Also check out Zombies of mass destruction for a light hearted type comedy/horror. Undead or alive isnt too bad either. Depends what your after really

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Two of my favorites have always been Race with the Devil, with Peter Fonda, and Let's Scare Jessica to Death. Both fairly low key but in my opinion that's what makes them so scary.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I recommend that you do not watch any horror films, especially now that they are in 3D. I used to be and actually I still am a big horror movie fan but I cannot pay full attention to any movie at all anymore. I really think there is a conspiracy here in making you become what you watch.

You know how they say you are what you eat, well the same and even worse can be said about your eyes which are a window unto the soul.

A person must be willing to be hypnotized. Just remember this the next time to you watch one of these movies and be prepared if you're in theatres. It might be the day someone else there flips a switch.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I thought Undead was great. As an FYI it's the first film I believe from the peeps who made Daybreakers. The Zombies mixing with the aliens is just so much fun. This one falls more in the SHaun of the Dead category than Romero though so it might not be for every hardcore horror fan.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Texas Chainsaw Massacre....... This is horrible absolutely.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Was watching one the other day...an oldie from the 70's I think...one of John Carpenter's...

"The Prince of Darkness" (I think was the title).

Of course, his "The Fog" was pretty disturbingly creepy too

Yes, I've always loved just about anything from John Carpenter!
I would also recommend from Carpenter:

Halloween (the original, not the Rob Zombie remake)

The Thing

In The Mouth Of Madness

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Switchblade Romance - A French horror. Extremely gory with a good twist and a really hot female lead in Cecile de France.

Frontiers - Another gory French horror film but nowhere near as good as the above.

Trick r Treat - A creepy and clever little film that binds a few stories together. Well worth a viewing at Halloween.

Wrong Turn 1 & 2 - Nothing special but good fun if you don't take them too seriously. Avoid the third like the plague.

Dying Breed - An Australian horror. You'll like it if you like the above, as it's basically the same premise.

Wolf Creek - Australian horror and one of my favorites in recent times. Twisted, and the villain, Mick, is awesome.

The Crazies (remake) - I've not seen the original but this was surprisingly good, if a little contrived and predictable.

A few to avoid that I've watched recently - The Midnight Meat Train, Somebody Help Me, Dead Silence, Small Town Folk and Simon Say's.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Check out FEAST its a modern comedy/horror and is very light hearted and not to be taken serious at all but entertaining, the sequels should be avoided.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hey was just passing through the movie forum.
I seen so many horror movies im always on the look out for more.
I watched one not long ago which I enjoyed quite a bit.

R-Point.

Here is the link.
www.imdb.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join