It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Hologram "Airplanes" found on Google Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
A while back, I had someone pose the question: "What if someone disguised a UFO to look like an airplane, so that they could fly around in, 'plane' sight?" (no pun) .

I thought the idea alone was absurd, until I came across some peculiar images on Google Earth.

Compare these images, especially of the 'rainbow' airplane to that of a Mercury Hologram Spectrum

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm just seeing reflections and/or shadows in the shots.
Can't say I think they are holograms.

edit spelling

[edit on 25/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Do holograms cast shadows ?
The first image shows the shadow of a full plane although part of the wing is missing from the actual plane ?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Those aren't holograms. The first one for instance, is just do to the software that puts the photos together. The rest are all either reflections, shadows or both.

--airspoon

[edit on 25-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yes...some are just natural errors resulting from the software, like the first one...but this one is a little odd, perhaps there is a technical reason for why this would occur:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I just.....ummmm...well...uhhhhh...hmmmm.
Hologram Airplanes?!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

These rainbow planes. Perhaps red, green, and blue, are captured separately, and the plane moves in the interval between exposures.

Edit: Never mind... Explanations should probably be left to experts in satellite optics.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Tearman]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sure about the photos you have presented, but...
It does lead into a question I've always had, which is,
with the supposedly superior technology that the beings/craft possess, why does it always seem like people are seeing them by mistake?

Either they want us to see them, or they don't, right?

Lights in the sky?
Why? Why do these craft have these lights on their wings (think triangle)?
They don't seem to be part of their propulsion system, more like landing lights.

Surely these lights have nothing to do with navigation, for God's sake, we mere earthling have GPS, and thermal imaging.
They really need these lights to see? No way!

I'm not a skeptic, I've seen three craft in my years that I couldn't explain.
Two of the three, I will swear, had to be otherworldly,
yet I still have these questions.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Oaktree]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Leira7.....

How exactly do holograms cast shadows?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would venture to say that ALMOST all of these oddities that are found using google earth or google maps can be attributed to digital artifacts, the result of image stitching, software glitches and human error. I think this also goes for the underwater scans of the ocean floor that you can find within these programs.

To me, google earth and google maps can be considered unreliable at best as a means of finding UFO's or odd geographical features.

On top of that, I find it frustrating that many of the posts that I read which use google earth or google maps as the source of their speculation, jump to pretty wild conclusions rather than seeing it for what it most likely is..a seam between stitched images.

I'm sorry if I'm being a little blunt here, but I feel like it needs to be said.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This thread makes me rage, I want to call the OP some very impolite names for being what I consider a moron, but ATS's rules are clear so I will be polite and express me thoughts and anger in a way that does not break the site rules.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I thought Google Earth might help us to explain why some of these planes in Vancouver BC have been missing. I believe in that area especially, there is a lot of unexplainable activity and somehow, I believe planes are being used to mask these UFO crafts. I believe the government knows.

These holograms can cast shadows because they create an energy forcefield by a deliberate scattering of light. Like 3-D goggles, it somehow fools the human mind, because our eyes cannot tell the difference between the real planes or the fake ones.

They use the sunlight to create a prism, there may be something to these triangular crafts after all. Good mention about the lights on the wings, I would never have asked that question myself, but it is a valid one.

Think about it, don't rely on the photos, just look at the world around you. Some of those planes didn't have windows on them, look at the one spraying the chemtrails/contrails. I'm not trying to come down on anyone, I just want us to start questioning our reality.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is a bit like claiming that a classroom globe "proves" that there are giant letters spelling out the names of things all over the world, then speculating on the alien technology that can engrave "PACIFIC OCEAN" on the water in letters hundreds of miles long. Google Earth and its kindred are toys. They are stitched together from satellite and airborne photographs taken over time under various circumstances. It is certainly not in "real time," nor is every single image necessarily a good one.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by upgrayedd

What you really need to do with google earth is find some oddity, then go visit it in the flesh. You don't know the number of odd spots on google earth I've visited only to find the area looks different, but not really odd (special). Conversely, I've visited crashed sites, logged the coordinates, then checked the area out on google earth. Sometimes you see something, some times you don't. If they dozed a road, that you certainly see, so roads that are not mapped are of interest. But sometimes they turn out to be mining roads, unlogged fire roads, etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So if these are a hologram, then why do they all show the top of the airplane? Am I wrong in assuming that the reason for a hologram would be so people on the ground would think something was there that really wasn't?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have seen a solid ornge light flying that suddenly turned into flashing faa lights could have been my veiwpoint but if so realy tricked my eyes

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Google utilizes a lot of automatic image blending algorithms in order to make the maps look more smooth. Take a look at street view and focus near the ground where the google car would normally be positioned. It obviously couldn't take a picture of the ground under it - therefore it grabs surrounding images and adjusts the perspective + distorts the the images to blend them more smoothly together. This occurs in the top down maps as well.

What you have here are 2 or more images of the region (an airport) that are blended together. one in which the airplane is in one spot, and another where it is completely gone from the perspective.

Also, keep in mind that google automatically has an algorithm that blurs out license plates and peoples faces for security reasons.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hi guys
Not saying I believe one way or the other what these videos show, but they are food for thought:

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Skippy1138]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

That was the worst food for thought ever. The topic was more or less about
ones comprehension of how Google earth images are made and assembled.
They have since been shown what they have presented is indeed an artifact
of image stitching and reflection. Your contribution is null and void and could
not be anymore off topic.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join