It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object seen on MTV Road Rules Duel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Any idea when it was filmed?

It's possible it could of been a daylight meteor. Doesn't seem to be a bird.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by eNumbra

I still say its a bird or a frisbee.. If it was CGI wouldn't the creator make a better looking "thing" than just a white dot?

And make it an obvious hoax?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
do birds leave white smoke behind them as they zip across the sky too?

That looked like some kind of video artifact to me (seeing that the "smoke" was all pixelated and quickly disappeared). I noticed that originally, but I didn't think to comment, because it seemed obviously to be a video artifact to me -- i.e., I didn't think it was worth pointing out.

It's a video compression artifact similar to the jpg "blocking artifact" where the meeting of one color on a flat field of a dissimilar color cause the compression software to be a bit confused when trying to guess what color a certain pixel should be.

In the video version of this artifact, an object moves too quickly for the video frame-rate and the compression software to keep up -- i.e., the compression algorithm (the software) didn't know whether that pixel should be white like the object or blue like the sky. By the time it knew that the pixel should be blue, the object had already moved on, temporarily leaving behind a bunch of white-ish pixels -- which quickly disappeared once the compression software "caught up".

There are other examples of this. Watch the full video, and at 4:49 after the girl in the powder blue knocks on her own head, her hand leaves behind an artifact in the sky, which quickly disappears.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join