It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird I saw while driving.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Earlier today I noticed a large white van driving behind me. When we stopped at a red light I could clearly see that the driver was wearing a face mask (like in a hospital - lower half of face) and there appeared to be a camera mounted on the dash pointing towards me and a camera pointing up or to the driver. There was a blue cover around the camera or around the lens.

Anyone know what this could be about? The van had tinted windows everywhere except the front windscreen, yet I was able to see all the way through to the back of the van when it was behind me and it seemed empty.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
For some reason "coroner" comes to mind? Could have been a branch of law enforcement, or people who are exposed to diseases, since he was wearing a filter-mask. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
For some reason "coroner" comes to mind? Could have been a branch of law enforcement, or people who are exposed to diseases, since he was wearing a filter-mask. Interesting.

Ah yes, coroner, you are probably right. Although that doesn't explain the 'cameras' on the dashboard.

He took off the mask to have a drink of water and then put the mask back on, and it was just a basic face mask, so it's doubtful there were diseases in the vehicle.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Maybe it was one of those new scanner vans..

There is a thread on it here ...

could be..ya never know..

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Also, forensic science labs move bodies around. The mask could be to help with the smells of that.....

ETA: But, no, it doesn't explain the camera's.

[edit on 8/25/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Another thought in addition to the ones mentioned is that the man was sick and has to protect himself from germs. Maybe he has cancer and had a stem cell transplant and a person in this position would love to film while they drive. The reason I mention this - I took care of an in home patient who had a stem cell transplant. When he was strong enough to go out he had to wear a mask and gown and he took his camera every place. Just an idea to consider.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe you saw an undercover officer wearing a face mask for the purpose of anonymity. They could have been trailing a vehicle ahead of you. Or maybe you were the mark.

The camera is self explanatory. Think police cruisers with dash-mounted cameras.

That's my guess.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Dang it!

That scenario sounded so creepy and sinister and then you had to come along and offer a rational explanation.

People like you take all the fun outta being a paranoid, delusional idiot.

[edit on 8/25/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
Maybe you saw an undercover officer wearing a face mask for the purpose of anonymity. They could have been trailing a vehicle ahead of you. Or maybe you were the mark.

The camera is self explanatory. Think police cruisers with dash-mounted cameras.

That's my guess.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by susp3kt]

As a matter of fact it did trail me to my own neighbourhood so I took a different route when I was a couple of streets away from home. I'm sure it is just a coincidence it was behind me for 10 minutes starting from the freeway.

He didn't look like a police officer. He looked a bit 'nerdy' to be honest. Unshaven and wearing glasses, too.

edit: Just to clear up any confusion, the van was POSSIBLY a Toyota Hi-Ace. It certainly looked like it. Not the 'American' style van that was in the x-ray video that was posted.

upload.wikimedia.org...

^^ Like that except a newer model, clean, no rust, and tinted side (and rear) windows. It didn't have Government number plates either so I doubt it was anything to do with Police.

[edit on 25/8/10 by Nventual]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You can tell a government vehicle from a private one by looking at the license plate. If small letters above the lic. no. says "exempt" and the lic. no. has before it a small "E" inside a circle, it's a government vehicle.

But, just because you see a government vehicle, don't assume it's DHS or the CIA - I work for county mental health and drive a county vehicle when I do home visits. It cracks me up every time I pull into the low-income housing complexes, people loitering around the area scatter like roaches because they think I am parole or probation
I'm only there to visit with my client and make sure they're doing OK on their meds or to take them to their outpatient appointments

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I live in Australia so the above post doesn't really apply.

Government plates here can be RED (civilian plates are black/blue) and sometimes the first letter in the plate is an indication. Like I said though this didn't appear to be a Government plate. The driver didn't seem too worried or anything, I saw him looking at me looking at him but he simply looked the other way like there was nothing weird going on.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hello OP .

I am in Australia as well, im wondering which state and city this was in?
Which roadway was this on if you dont mind me asking ?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This was Melbourne. We both came off Tullamarine Freeway.
This was 3 minute drive from Melbourne Airport, however I doubt it was related to it since the car drove into my residental suburb but then I lost it.

edit: sorry it appears I put you on my foe list just now by accident. how do I remove?

[edit on 25/8/10 by Nventual]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
You can tell a government vehicle from a private one by looking at the license plate. If small letters above the lic. no. says "exempt" and the lic. no. has before it a small "E" inside a circle, it's a government vehicle.

But, just because you see a government vehicle, don't assume it's DHS or the CIA - I work for county mental health and drive a county vehicle when I do home visits. It cracks me up every time I pull into the low-income housing complexes, people loitering around the area scatter like roaches because they think I am parole or probation
I'm only there to visit with my client and make sure they're doing OK on their meds or to take them to their outpatient appointments

I can tell you that state (undercover) vehicles in Texas can have standard plates so as not to be conspicuous. Plus, if they really want to not look like the fuzz, they sometimes use the vehicles they have seized in drug arrests. I have no idea about your mystery vehicle, however.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I travel on Atlanta expressways quite a bit, and see a lot of strange things.

It wasn't too long ago that I saw a driver wearing a gorilla mask and what seemed to be nothing else.

Also, a few years back there was a guy driving an old volvo that had many large pieces of meat duct-taped all over the outside of the car.

I frequently see small import cars traveling with what looks like upwards of ten people packed into them.

Go figure.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a new thread just popped up about a government white van taking xrays of other people and cars on the highways and roads, looking for weapons and such.www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=611102 I thought back to this post.

join