It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best kept secret by the Military?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
best kept secrete
gray goo senario.
not just a senario, but is the largest threat to all life on this planet.
If you dont know what grey goo senario is ask i'll tell you.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Sometimes they® call it mataglap instead of grey goo.

It's a word that means the crazy look in someone's eye before they go berserk and start killing everything around them.

So when your nano gets a bsod, instead of stopping, it mataglaps.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hm, so don't post ever unless you make sure to use the most complex scientific terminology, that way as few people as possible understand what you are talking about. Then you can pat your self on the back and feel superior to everyone else reading the thread that does not memorize the dictionary of scientific terminology. And pump up an already swollen ego.

People that are brilliant do not attempt to belittle others. The truly brilliant attempt to teach and share their excitement of knowledge with others. Only the insecure have to try to knock people down to bring them selves up.

To bad it seemed like it was a fun thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So, leap,let me get this straight...you show up with your far from obscure "gray goo" reference trying to be all mystic "just ask me if you want me to explain", then you find that the first guy to post after you knows and tosses it back at you with another reference.

I hate to tell you, but it's far from "scientific terminology"...allow me:

BSOD: blue screen of death from Windows, generically a term that means an annoying program failure, usually at the worst time

nano: generic term for nanotechnology

mataglap: an Indonesian word meaning something gone berserk and killing everyone around (the "gray goo" end result)

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Oh so i dont need a dictionary of scientific terminology but i need to speak Indonesian. And as for being mystic, What does gray goo have to do with being mystic. And yes if someone new to Ats does not know what gray goo scenario is i would be more than happy to explain it to anyone in a non condescending manor. After all it was or is a very interesting story. Especially when aided by cgi. And everyone knows what nano is but throwing in a PC reference mixed with a word from Indonesia. By that logic i should be posting in 2 or three different languages in the same sentence. Lets see English mixed with pc jargon and a little Indonesian.

But gray goo is a lot easier to understand when compared to.

So when your Nano gets a bsod, instead of stopping, it mataglaps.

Any way i am not going to respond to any more to this post because ill just get kicked off ast. So have fun jumping on everyone that just post a simple frase. My point still stands your post is just an atempt to confuse as many people as possible.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
leap, if you want to continue, you should take it to u2u like I just did. No one wants to hear it, I'm sure.

As far as military secrets go, how often do you think they start fake stories that are somewhat true, in order to confuse the public? You'd think the net would be a godsend to the various Intel divisions.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am not so callous to need to continue. Oh I can't U2U i do not have 20 points. I would appreciate if you would not continue to fill my U2U folder with pathetic childish insults. You are ridiculous and by continuing to act like a child is absurd. As i attempted to say in a U2u, how about acting like an adult and simply ignore me and my posts and i will do the same gladly. i can not believe you take something so mundane and elevate it to direct insults. Insecurity at is worst.

I apoligize to everyone in this thread. I am fully awair and would have prefered to stick to the topic however there are some that simply will not alow that to happen.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Please keep the discussion on the topic and not each other folks.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Antigravity, they have perfected it & caused so much dis-information.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just read the NY Times they seem to leak goverment secrets all the time.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
And it is made of wood of the acacia tree and lined with gold. No man can look upon it. It is said to contain a golden triangle with the name of the supreme being on it. You guess what the best kept secret is?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
the best kept military secret is the fact that it is a satanic cult.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The fact that it was an EA-6B crew that caused the blackout in New York City in July of 1977.
The fact that the F-117 was designed to surprise the Russians if they started anything in the 80's in Europe.
Just a couple of things off the top of my head.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by titus
best kept secrets:

1. Russia has manned Cosmos Interceptor Killer Satellites armed with charged particle beam and neutron particle beamweapons,
2. Russia has manned bases on the moon,
3. Russia has manned electrogravitic platforms called Cosmospheres floating high over our heads and in other land and sea areas of the earth.

These super weapons were developed in secret by Russia and deployed suddenly during the closing months of 1977. The United States has no equivalent space triad and is at a great military disadvantage as a result.

4. Russia has OPERATIONAL Star Wars Defence System
5. Soviet spy stole Nikola Teslas secrets
6. SOVIET SCALAR ELECTROMAGNETIC WEAPONS (Scalar Electromagnetics is Electrogravitation)
7. Sovied did weather controll over USA since 1960
8. Soviets used Death Ray weapons in their Hind helicopters in Afghanistan
9. Humans can and do engineer some earthquakes
10. Russians blew up Challenger
11. Russians deployed CHARGED PARTICLE BEAM WEAPONS
12. Russians deployed NEUTRON PARTICLE BEAM WEAPONS

Link

no, how that for best kept russian secrets.
should we make US best kept secret list?

WOW!

You sure know a lot about the Russians!

Maybe you should start another thread about this stuff because I'm wanting to ask you lots of questions that are off the current topic -

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
whats gray goo???? is it bad?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ok, there's at least two broad classes of nanotechnology: nano-engineered materials and nanorobotics. They're very different, but you see a lot of journalists confuse them, or lump them together and call them "nanotechnology".

A nano-engineered material might be, for example, an aluminum-halogen explosive or the inclusions in a metamaterial, or (strains to think of a non-military context) the self-cleaning windows which have nano-scale titanium inclusions on the glass surface as a catalyst. You could lump nanotubes and purpose-built buckyballs in this category too. In general, a nanomaterial is going to be something that required very small particles of a material, or the particles have to be not only small, but a specific shape and size, or they have a definite structure like a buckyball. Typically, a nanomaterial is made in some sort of self-assembling process.

A lot of times when you see someone in the press babbling about 'nanotech' this is what they're talking about.

The other class of nanotechnology is nanorobotics. This is where the "grey goo" or "mataglap" issue comes in. Nanorobotics covers little machines which can be fabricated at an incredibly small scale. Here's some links:

media.rice.edu...
www.jlps.gr.jp...=%22nanoengineering%20gears%22
www.rso.cornell.edu...

There's a lot of possible uses for nanorobotics, from little factories that can build whatever you'd like out of low-level raw materials to little repair crews combing your bloodstream, building bone, killing bacteria, repairing blood vessels etc.

In 1966, a man named John von Neumann published a book called "The Theory of Self-Reproducing Automata" based on work he began back in the mid-40's.

A fast aside here...you guys should concentrate more on Neumann than you do on Tesla. His own contemporaries stated that he was an alien who had studied humans and learned to impersonate them perfectly. He's also tied into half the stuff you guys ruminate about on ATS. He is uber creepy, lots and lots of projects associated with him you wouldn't believe, but I've never seen any CT's on him. JvN is a motherlode of material and leads. You guys are missing a big bet.

I have a little bell going off that tells me that Tsiolkovsky was mixed in somehow with self-reproducing machines but can't find it.

Anyways, the concept was this. If you wanted to build a moonbase, you could do it by launching hundreds of ships containing men, living environments, machines, power plants, raw materials and so on. Very expensive, very dangerous.

It would be much simpler if you could simply deliver machines that could do the task, for then you could leave the support systems for humans behind. But that's still a lot of machines. Better still, if you could send a robot factory that would land on the moon and manufacture the robots you need to build the moon base out of materials you could get from the surface. But you're still limited in how fast you can build the base, because you only have one "robot factory" to churn out all the robots you'd need.

So Neumann proposed that you could deliver a single tiny robot to the surface. Instead of building other task oriented robots such as graders, backhoes, smelters etc, it would be very general purpose and modular, capable of being all these things perhaps, or of constructing them as needed. But what this robot did was first start replicating itself.

The seed robot would construct millions of copies of itself, as many as needed, out of raw materials on the surface. It would be capable of using solar energy to disassemble any raw ore to its constituent elements and rearrange them to form duplicates of itself. When there were enough "makers", they would fan out and differentiate, aggregating into the different machines needed to construct the moonbase, or constructing special purpose machines as necessary. Once there were enough duplicates, like the cells in your body, they could come together to form nearly any machine you might need. To construct your moonbase, you'd only need to deliver a seed to the target and wait. The seed might not be any bigger than a large biological cell.

You may have seen something like this on "Stargate": the replicators. At first they're making little scrabble tiles that can group to form "bugs" or even hyperspace engines but in later episodes you get "human form replicators" made out of cell-sized machines. That's the general idea, only not that they're so smart. The idea is to have them make robot bulldozers instead of evil bad guys. Think of them as robot stem cells.

But here's where the rub comes in. These things are pretty complex, so there's all sorts of possibilities of having coding bugs. They also live in a rough environment, lots of UV and radiation, and it's really possible for a few bits to flip in the code due to impact damage. Maybe you could get "mutations" that your self-repair facilities (if you had them) wouldn't catch.

So let's say out of your millions of little cell-sized makers, one catches a high-speed solar proton right in the old noggin and it takes out the self-repair algorithm. The maker can't tell that it's been damaged because that's been knocked out, and therefore it doesn't self-destruct or repair the damage. It keeps reproducing itself, and the daughter makers carry the damage of the adult. They're still working but don't have the capability to tell if they've made an error. You get a few generations, and another mutation occurs. This one is in the code that tells the maker when to stop reproducing and start forming into an ore smelter or solar cell factory. It thinks it needs to keep on churning out daughters. So it does. And it's doing it very rapidly, that's the beauty of a Neumann machine.

You see, they replicate exponentially. You start with one, then two, then four, eight and so on. Once you get one with an error that can't tell when to stop reproducing itself, it can transform the entire crust of the Moon into brain damaged copies of itself within a relatively short time, limited by the usefulness of the raw materials and the rate of energy input to the system.

This is the so-called "gray goo" scenario, you get a non-detected error in an exponentiating machine which causes it to stay in the replication phase forever. It turns all the raw material of the planet into useless malfunctioning copies of itself, or "gray goo'.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Why the cloned Soldiers of course!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
some super weapon that could destroy the entire planet's mass and disrupt the ballence of the solar system.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think Area 51 would be the best kept secret. A facility as big as it is and yet they deny it exists?! It's not even on the map? Even if you don't believe in most of the theories about what goes on there, don't you think it's odd that today they still deny government sponsored activity is ocurring in that area, even though armed guards patrol the area and are authorized to use deadly force, or the warning signs that are located even far away from the facility? (maybe to counteract the use of cameras)

Opinions, anyone?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
the best kept secrets are the secrets that are hidden in plane sight and that we no nothing about
.....for example i could be talking to you face to face and you would have no clue that am a human/alien hybrid with multipul advanced micro chips in my body.....well unfortunitley thats just an example but you would never no and it would be right infront of you....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join