It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best kept secret by the Military?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
The whole point of a secret is that people don't know about it, therefore the Best kept secret is something we've never seen, heard about or know about at all.

Definitely.
I mean stealth technology was developed over 30 years ago.
Without getting too in depth on the alien/UFO coverup, I would say
the best kept secrets are something like particle weapons and the latest aircraft/spacecraft.

The former head of Lockheed Skunkworks Ben Rich, said before he died we have things 50 years beyond anything you can imagine.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The whole point of a secret is that people don't know about it, therefore the Best kept secret is something we've never seen, heard about or know about at all.

yes it is but no secret can be kept forever it logisticaly im possible. think of the manhatan project the most close grauded secret of the most destructive weapon know to man but it got out... the locales knew something going on at that base then there were the 3 spies or more... and they had that thing buttoned up tight!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Best kept secret?

Hardware, probably anti-gravity and lazer weapons.

That continuation of government trumps civilian needs in the event of attack.

That the government/military can suspend all civil rights in time of war.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There is a reason that reporters are “embedded” with military units where they can be monitored.
There is a reason that governments maintain influence over media depictions of war.
There is a reason that recruiters wear spotless uniforms flashing with impressive medals.
There is a reason that commercials portray the military as a career, an adventure, a way to see the world, and path to leadership and prestige.
There is a reason that politicians use rhetoric to stir the emotions in support of war.
There is a reason that countries sometimes have to be tricked into approving war by a false, manufactured provocation.

There is a reason it is forbidden to photograph the flag-draped coffins of those who lost their lives.

War is about suffering and death. That is the best-kept military secret.

Disclaimer: Obviously many brave young men and women join the military with their eyes wide open, knowing full well the sacrifice they are making for their country. They are to be commended. I simply believe that many more have no idea what they are getting into and that the population at large of non-soldiers (myself included) really has no clue what war is like.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by imwithstupid

yes it is but no secret can be kept forever it logisticaly im possible. think of the manhatan project the most close grauded secret of the most destructive weapon know to man but it got out... the locales knew something going on at that base then there were the 3 spies or more... and they had that thing buttoned up tight!!!

Yes, but the question "What is the best kept secret by the military ?".

We can't answer the question because the point of being 'the best kept secret' is that No one knows about. If we know about it, or can speculate abnout what it could be, then its not a secret is it ?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by imwithstupid

Yes, but the question "What is the best kept secret by the military ?".

We can't answer the question because the point of being 'the best kept secret' is that No one knows about. If we know about it, or can speculate abnout what it could be, then its not a secret is it ?

i know... the point is we may know thier secret and not know, their not gonna say you know our big secret. a secret cannot sustane it's self. BUT ILL AGAIN even if we know it they arent gonna say we know it openly

edited for gramar

[edit on 4-6-2006 by imwithstupid]

[edit on 4-6-2006 by imwithstupid]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi
The biggest secret is two part
1) Colateral damage reports(body counts)
2) Inntelligence
Ever notice the military never comes out first to say "we bombed the wrong place"
or "We accidently killed a buch of civilians" its always reported by outside sources.
The military also never admits to how they obtain info.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
pssht, shekret !

(not a one liner)

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The best kept secret is "The best kept secret".

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That peace = unaployment

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The daytime sky on the moon is NOT black.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I was just curious what ATS thinks. Any ideas? I personaly think its stealth technology.

Sporadic, unreliable communication with people from the future (or at least a kind of future). Nothing that could be considered a full-on exchange of ideas, no technical exhanges, but more like simple acknowledgements that a signal is traveling forward and backward through time. The military is not exactly sure how it works, and are keeping it a secret in the hopes that it can be understood, developed and used strategically somehow. That's what they do with things they don't understand.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobz086
The best kept secret is "The best kept secret".

Exactly what i'm trying to say, the best kept secret is something that is so secret, noone knows about. You can't speculate about what it could be because the point of 'the best kept secret' is that ITS COMPLETELY SECRET!

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
we all wanna no the best kept secret dont we ,i no that it would about 89% be the fact dat we really have assassins no matter how much they deny it its prolyy all a lie

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How do you rate the degree of "best kept"?

Does that cover no aspect being exposed of a project at all, or do you get extra points for dangling bits of it in front of people and they don't know any better? What if some part of it is out, but the disinfo campaign was so good no one actually knows anything about the real project?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I would say if it is true the ufo technology.It would be cool to go for ride in a ufo

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The Manhatten Project............. 10,000 people worked on it and noone ever leaked a word. Can you imagine that today? Not a chance, too much political fighting to keep national secrets that big anymore.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by looking4truth
The Manhatten Project............. 10,000 people worked on it and noone ever leaked a word. Can you imagine that today? Not a chance, too much political fighting to keep national secrets that big anymore.

Eh? Klaus Fuchs told the Russians all about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
I would say if it is true the ufo technology.It would be cool to go for ride in a ufo

It's noisy and cramped. Sort of like going for a ride in the laundry closet with two other guys, and the washer is on 'spin' with a towel off balance.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

Originally posted by CYRAX

It's noisy and cramped. Sort of like going for a ride in the laundry closet with two other guys, and the washer is on 'spin' with a towel off balance.

how true... how true...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join