It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best kept secret by the Military?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'll say probably space based weapons. It wouldn't shock me ay all if we have had nukes in space for 25+ years pointed at Russia and China.

TPL

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero_snaz

Originally posted by browha
What is that pen? I so wanna get one...

www.spacepen.com

It's the Fisher Space Pen, developed and named after Paul Fisher. I got it as a gift for being a groomsman in my friends wedding.

the pen has a 100 year shelf-life, a tungsten carbide ball, the ink cartridge is pressurized at nearly 50 pounds per square inch, it uses visco-elastic ink that turns into a solid gel thixotropic ink, writes on most surfaces and even under water, works in temperatures -50F to 400F, but of course it comes at a cost of $20 - $200 USD Who'd want to use a pencil when you could use the Fisher Space Pen?

Such much money spent on a pen that could write in space and then the Russians turn a around and say 'We've already developed one! Its called a pencil!'.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My guess is that the best kept secrets are the mistakes they may have made. Perhaps they shot down a civilian airliner or warped a ship trought time and did it unintentionally. What mistakes they really have made I have no clue of, and I bet no1 ever will have.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
IMHO, it would have to be anything that is related to genetic research and the development of the "super soldier".

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It could be space based weapons the us would not risk another country putting weapons in space before they did so they probably got nukes up there.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If you suspect something it is no longer a secret, and by suspecting everything, you void the need for secrets, Time Travel is the most closely guarded secret, Einstein and Tesla where time travelers, Come with me children and i will show you the fruit of the silicon tree.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The best kept secret would be no secret just info that there are secrets.S**t l`m have a rumsfelt rumsfield(or what ever his name is) moment.
Any way what if the info on hear is just not true but made to look like it and that we know everything.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Some of the most interesting stuff I think will come out of AFRL - at Wright Patterson AFB. They were at the front of new aeronautical technologies back in the 60's (my mother worked at FDT).

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i believe the best kept secrets are the ones they are ashamed of - that would cause global retaliations :-

reanimation of dead - similar to return of living dead 3 movie

dna modification/cloning in humans to create human hibrids

erm crashing jetplanes into large buildings to start a war etc

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
NASA didn't spend Money at all for the pen.

Heres why the United States were smarter then the Russians.

"NASA never asked Paul C. Fisher to produce a pen. When the astronauts began to fly, like the Russians, they used pencils, but the leads sometimes broke and became a hazard by floating in the [capsule's] atmosphere where there was no gravity. They could float into an eye or nose or cause a short in an electrical device. In addition, both the lead and the wood of the pencil could burn rapidly in the pure oxygen atmosphere."

"Fisher spent over one million dollars in trying to perfect the ball point pen before he made his first successful pressurized pens in 1965. Samples were immediately sent to Dr. Robert Gilruth, Manager of the Houston Space Center, where they were thoroughly tested and approved for use in Space in September 1965. In December 1967 he sold 400 Fisher Space Pens to NASA for $2.95 each"

This legend was mentioned in an episode of NBC's The West Wing TV series ("We Killed Yamamoto"; original air date 15 May 2002). We had a company care about our shuttleman, and took safety more then money. Which, turns out a thousand dollars for total.

Link

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Laxpla]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
plus its just more advanced the pen its better you dont have to worry about sharpening the pen it is also like laxpla said less of a risk on the shuttle.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Nothing that we are aware of.

Although, one of the things most closely guarded at the moment that we are aware of, is the methods by which the so called "X-suits" can communicate and detect the nature of injuries to a soldier (bone break, bleed out, etc.) in the field and communicate that data across the netowork.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
id have to agree with those who think that the mistakes made by the government are the closest kept secrets...

oh, and why everything tastes like chicken

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I would have to say that the best kept secret in the military would be the Roswell Incident and the Roswell Files which are highly classified and nobody knows exactly what happened.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The best kept secret: Nobody here knows because it's the best kept secret. Nobody knows except the one with the secret. Now the best unkept secret is what you should be asking.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
but it could be a secret that is out in the open but it has been forgotten about so no one suspects it.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
MAYBE THE BEST KEPT MILITARY SECRET IS THAT THE "MATRIX" IS REAL AND WE ARE BEGINING TO REALISE AND IT SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF THEM. THATS WHY THEY STAGE 9/11 TO MAKE US FEEL INSECURE AND WANT TO TRUST THEM AND MAKE US FEEL THAT THE GOVERMENT IS THERE TO CARE FOR US.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
the Matrix you have been watching that movie for too long
also they could change what you think in the movie so you would never suspect this

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My opinions on the best kept secrets,
1. How many government officials accept bribes.
2. How many government officials are gay
3. What chicken tastes like, because everything tastes like it damn it
4. Why they they dont admit the exisstance of aliens
5. Why did bush win the election when he didnt get more votes
6. Why you cant say the A word on this site

Worst kept secrets
1. The Aurora
2. UFOs
3. Area 51
4. George Bush's Vietnam service record

[edit on 24/8/2004 by Paladin327]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Gots another one:

6. Why does Dave Chappelle still have a show?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join