It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much are My Organs Worth? Your Worth More Than You Think

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Consider yourself forewarned America. You are worth more to hospitals for your organs than for what they can milk out of your insurance company.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eba0027e347d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c588f1cf0634.jpg[/atsimg]

As America evolved into a capitalist society, health and long term care systems became for profit institutions which increasingly pit the quality of care of their consumers with the drive to further earnings.
Health Care Warning To America by Zen Garcia
by Zen Garcia
link to the story: www.endeavorfreedom.org...

Average costs of transplant surgery in America:

Heart: $650,000
Lung: $400,000
Double Lung: $550,000
Heart/Lung: $875,000
Liver: $520,000
Kidney: $250,000
Pancreas: $300,000
Kidney/Pancreas: $370,000
Kidney/Heart: $760,000
Liver/Kidney: $660,000
Intestine: $900,000
Bone Marrow (autologous): $270,000
Bone Marrow (allogeneic related): $480,000
Bone Marrow (allogeneic unrelated): $600,000
Cornea: $23,300
www.ehow.com...

Price for an Human Organ in the world
(illegal to sell an organ in the US, above the table)

$290,000 in South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, or South Africa, but only $130,000 in South Africa and only $90,000 in Columbia.

How much is a human liver worth?
$290,000 in South Korea, South Africa, and Taiwan, $130,000 in China, $100,000 in Columbia, but only $25,000 in Pakistan.

How much is a human kidney worth?
$145,000 in Turkey, $120,000 in South Africa, $80,000 in Columbia, $65,000 in China, $40,000 in Pakistan, and only $20,000 in Iraq.

How much is a human pancreas worth?
$140,000 in Singapore, South Korea, or South Africa, but only $110,000 in China.

How much is a human lung worth?
$290,000 in Singapore, Taiwan, South Africa, or Taiwan, but only $110,000 in China.
www.chacha.com...
akhost.chacha.com...

Kidney Brokers in U.S. Sell Black Market Organs for U.S. Transplantation!
The recent arrests of 44 people on charges of organ trafficking have exposed a major criminal market in illegal organ transplants, where wealthy patients purchase organs from poor Third World residents through brokers residing in the United States!
knowthelies.wordpress.com...

Related Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

I am listed as an organ donor on my drivers license. I always thought it would be nice to let somebody else benefit from a part I may no longer be needing if I die.

It was when I started working at a hospital, and talked with both nurses and doctors about harvesting whatever can be used, that I began questioning my donation status. To hear what goes on, is quite disturbing.

I thought about changing my license, but, I am getting older now, and figure my organs are so polluted by now, nobody would want them anyway!

very interesting article you have here, and if I was younger, I would definately change my donor status!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Great thread. This is why I'm not an organ donor, though that probably matters little these days. I try to tell everyone I know, that if you are an organ donor, the hospital has incentive to see you dead, should something happen. The only people I'm allowing to benefit from death, is my family (life insurance policy) because at least I know that my life is worth more to them than the amount specified in my life insurance policy.

With that being said, I'm sure that they are taking organs from people who aren't donors either. How would the family ever know? In fact, wasn't there rumors of Israel doing this to the Palestinians? We all know that the US government would seel anyone of us out for the Israelis and if you think I'm wrong, just google "USS Liberty".

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Please enlighting us as to what those doctors and nurses were saying?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lol, I am sure the government wants a sales tax on organs if it doesn't already exists.

If this post needs a second line, here it is...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

DUDE! 1 Kidney, a sports car, a boat, and a down payment on an nice new house?

where do i sign?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thanks. I looked at my license today, and forgot I was a donor. Most Doctors and Nurses are tops, and would never commit an act like this; My concern is for the one's that would. Money is shrinking up out of this economy quickly, so never say never to a group making a buck when the bucks are scarce.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Krzyzmo]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I can tell you that all of them said they would never be donors!

It is just seconds after a person is declared dead, that the harvesting begins, starting with the skin......

I mean everything, and anything that could possibly be used, is harvested.

Honestly, I don't want to go into graphic detail as to what I was told, to spare anybody who might have a nightmare over this. I know I did, after it was explained to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I could never leave my body to science, because some people also pull stunts like this...

www.maximumawesome.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I can tell you that all of them said they would never be donors!

It is just seconds after a person is declared dead, that the harvesting begins, starting with the skin......

I mean everything, and anything that could possibly be used, is harvested.

Honestly, I don't want to go into graphic detail as to what I was told, to spare anybody who might have a nightmare over this. I know I did, after it was explained to me.

go on then, spill the beans? what do they do?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Shoot man; in today's economy it makes me want to sign up to sell my stuff,
After I'm gone.
No big to me; what counts is gone and it could mean some cash on my family's or my end and possible life for another!
I guess the concern would be if someone was in a hurry for your product
before you were ready to sell if ya know what I mean.
I bet all that could be ironed out.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Here is a toned down version of organ harvesting. I got the bloodier version, that I won't divulge on ATS, because it is horrendous, according to the way it was explained to me, and I don't think it would be appropriate.

link

The first step in an organ harvest is to determine that the donor patient is truly dead. The medical community defines death in a number of ways; in order to donate organs, someone must be brain dead. This means that there is no brain activity and no hope of recovery, but the patient's heart is still beating and the patient is still breathing with the assistance of a ventilator. A series of tests are conducted to confirm brain death, ensuring that the patient is truly, irrevocably dead. This can be traumatic, as the patient appears to be alive, but he or she is not; sometimes hospital staff must actually use extreme measures to keep the patient “alive” so that the organs will continue to be viable.

You will have to use your imagination on this one, as to how it doesn't exactly go down like this!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

I am a smoker to and used to drink... Maybe mine will go in the discount bin...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tspark

Here is Gordon Brown in 2008 about consent:
Gordon Brown signalled his support for the removal of organs from dead patients without their explicit consent.

In a move to help thousands more people waiting for organ donations, the Prime Minister is backing a policy of "presumed consent".

It would mean that, unless people opted out of the donor register or family members objected, hospitals would be allowed to take their organs.

Mr Brown, writing in The Sunday Telegraph, said: "A system of this kind seems to have the potential to close the aching gap between the potential benefits of transplant surgery in the UK and the limits imposed by our current system of consent."

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm guessing after all the partying I used to do, I could probably get about five bucks for the whole lot.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You realise that it HAS to be done that way, or organ donation would be impossible, right?

The second a tissue is deprived of oxygen, it goes into ischemia and begins dying. That's why organs for transplant are put on ice and can only be used for so many hours. Any longer, and the reperfusion injury from an actively dying organ would kill the transplant patient.

Why does it shock you that there is blood involved in organ harvesting? For someone who claims to work in a hospital, you seem awfully naive.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Why does it shock you that there is blood involved in organ harvesting? For someone who claims to work in a hospital, you seem awfully naive.

It doesn't shock me. People are under the assumption that they may just donate their eyes, or their liver, when in actuality, they are stripped of anything that can be harvested. A whole team comes in to do this, not just one or two people, and the way it was described to me, not always is brain death confirmed before this is actually done.

As I stated in an earlier post, where I linked to how this is done, that is the toned down version. So, no, to answer your question, I am not shocked about there being blood, and never said I was. I stated I was given the bloody version of how this happens.

The article is about how much your organs are worth, not just the proceedure, which in my opinion, is sped up, if a lot of useful material can be had, for money to be made off of.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
It doesn't shock me. People are under the assumption that they may just donate their eyes, or their liver, when in actuality, they are stripped of anything that can be harvested.

That's why in most states, you choose which tissues you want to donate, or whether you'd like to donate all your organs, or even donate your intact body to science. Just because people are ignorant of the process doesn't mean it's a bad process.

A whole team comes in to do this, not just one or two people,

Well, yeah. Do you know how hard it is to perform what is essentially several surgeries all by yourself? It wouldn't happen. You would take too long and the organs would become damaged. What's wrong with a team doing it, rather than one person?

and the way it was described to me, not always is brain death confirmed before this is actually done.

Source, please. Fearmongering is annoying and counter-productive.

As I stated in an earlier post, where I linked to how this is done, that is the toned down version. So, no, to answer your question, I am not shocked about there being blood, and never said I was. I stated I was given the bloody version of how this happens.

And you state, word for word: "To hear what goes on, is quite disturbing."

By describing your feelings as being "disturbed", I assume you were taken aback, surprised, or even...shocked. That's why I chose that word.

And, again, who cares how bloody the procedure is? Does the amount of blood somehow correlate with how ethical or moral something is?

The article is about how much your organs are worth, not just the proceedure, which in my opinion, is sped up, if a lot of useful material can be had, for money to be made off of.

Surgeons don't make any more money off of transplants than they do off of any other surgery, to be honest. The higher cost attached to such a procedure are due, in part, to the complicated and time-sensitive nature of the transplant. I've yet to see any sources here that show any more profit being made from transplants than from any other surgical procedure.

[edit on 8/25/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

I'm sorry I hope I didn't offend you. I actually have my license tagged with the organ donor mark. But I also believe that if you don't want to be a donor it should be respected.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join