It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't they use technology like this in the clean up ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sponge-Like Glass Cleans Contaminated Water A new glass material engineered by Dr. Paul Edmiston at the College of Wooster has the ability to clean polluted water by absorbing contaminants like a sponge. What can't nanotechnology do?

(Article)

Why can't they utilise technology such as this ? The ecological benefits of this material are amazing, and it's recyclable. It angers me that one of the richest companies in the world, can't pour money into fixing, and cleaning our seas.

It's an outrage

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't know much about this product but I do believe better efforts should have been made for oil clean up. For BP it was so much easier to hand out some rakes and cover it up or spray some poison than to concern themselves with anything further. They simply don't care about anything but $$$$$$$$$$.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hey red-xi, throughout this BP debacle over the last 3+ months, ats members have tracked down several great ideas and technology to apply towards the crisis, and none of them were given a chance. All I can think of is cronyism between related industries or letting the disaster happen for something to gain.
This technology you brought onboard seems reasonable and practical, so I don't know why man, but it is insult to injury imo.
I imagine people attempt to contact BP with an idea and they probably don't even get a response.

spec

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
they should have let it hit the beaches.

but that makes for bad photos that make people upset.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No money to be made by the "big dogs".

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
They wanted it to happen this way so that (I know it sounds far-fetched) the poor people along the coast and the old retired folks in Florida will die within the next few years and then TPTB can say "We did not do anything! We did not kill those people for their prime (in a few years) ocean-side properties! Why they just died of disease and old age! It was not oil or corexit! You think it was? Well go ahead and just try to sue us!

Disgusting, ain't it?

It makes my blood boil at times!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I wonder what happened to Kevin Costner's skimmer product
I guess he had a chunk of change invested in that one,.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Hey LD, here are a couple of threads on Costner's efforts.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So are you into drums? Ya might dig this:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

spec

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

that does indeed seem like a far-fetched plan.

what does the 'ptb' gain from killing a bunch of poor, old people?

top topics

join