It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Hauls Arizona Before the UN Human Rights Council

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Perhaps you can comprehend it better if it comes from the Huffington Post?

The word "obama" does not exist within that article.

2nd line

[edit to add quote, for clarity's sake]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Even if the federal gov't did request opinion from the UN, why the outrage?

Mitigation is a popular negotiation technique.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
edit: delete own post

[edit on 25-8-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

If you don't know what it means,I can't explain it to you. Guess it depends on how you feel about the U.N.

I don't know why I bother posting these things at all.

Forget I mentioned it. Welcome to your NWO.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I would be a fool to say that you were wrong about it being on Huff also as I have seen that it is.
The thing that I cannot see is any proof that the accusations are true.
Like I said during the heat of the Gulf debacle Anderson Cooper told the world on network TV that there was a ban on media in the Gulf.
Truth is Anderson Lied either blatantly or by ignorance by not researching what he was told.
We need to fact find, and the only fact I know is I have seen no proof that Arizona is getting grilled by Obama.
If he did however, Arizona would have a concrete reason to secede from the Union and don't think they would not if they could.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i doubt if many here in arizona even noticed.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The president’s first-ever report on U.S. human rights to the UN Human Rights Council ....used the situation to bash Arizona’s immigration law — and possibly transfer jurisdiction over the law from Arizona to the UN.

I guess this was what was meant by "hauling" them before the U.N.

My apologies for coming off too fast.

However,with everything else happening so fast and behind the scenes,I would expect this to accelerate and become a serious situation before long.

We shouldn't have to account to the U.N. for anything!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The united nations does not have any jurisdiction over Arizona or the United States nor does Obama have the authority to do that. You do realize the OP is citing the "american independent party" propaganda?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
if this Arizona law allows even ONE American citizen to be belittled because of the color of their skin, then it needs to go.

If you disagree with that, please make note of it here. That way I can keep a list when the government decides to come after you and everyone with the same shape of eyes as your kids, and we can alllllll look back on this and say "doesn't feel so good, now, does it?"

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Does this mean that Az is now on the same footing w/ the UN as our federal govt? Maybe Tx could use this to secede!

It seems to me that involving an international body in this internal dispute undermines the legitimacy of the fed and inflates the power of the state of Az.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by sjorges2002]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
The united nations does not have any jurisdiction over Arizona or the United States nor does Obama have the authority to do that. You do realize the OP is citing the "american independent party" propaganda?

FYI,it's also on about a hundred other sites,too. I didn't pay hardly any attention at all to what the site stood for,I just went for the article itself.

If it has a certain patriotic slant,I don't apologize for that!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Arizona law nor the federal law has any business judging on the color of a person's skin. Which is why it'd be so nice if everyone would drop this group mentality and just judge people by their character,or in the case of law,on actual offenses and laws broken.

If it's illegal to be in the country,it's illegal for everyone without proper documents. End of story.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So now we all know the title is a load of crap what do we have here? Well its seems 6 unpaid guys who give out opinions and suggestions on nations immigrations programs think the Arizona law may violate some treaty the US signed. So what does this mean? Nothing. These 6 guys, 2 of them American have made their suggestions and now its done.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Good find and post please do not get discouraged.
I'm sure that you do not need me to tell you that this thread just got Cloward & Piven and Rules for Radicals thrown at it.
Their strategy is showing. They came in early with "Mythatlookslikeapenisonlysmaller' so they could defend him as he is not capable.
Take comfort in the fact your post caused the e-mails to fly at media matters, keep the posts coming. That we may see some action from all our money funnled to Acorn and such.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

Thanks for the encouragement,but there isn't much more I can say on the topic as far as Arizona goes,until something happens directly.

As for the U.N.,NWO,world tyranny,...it's just Business as Usual!

Plenty more where this came from!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

If it's illegal to be in the country,it's illegal for everyone without proper documents. End of story.

Uhhh...i don't think anybody is disagreeing with that.

But erecting a law that allows for the color of a persons skin to be reason enough to detain them for paper work is ridiculous.

Yes, it's great when it catches illegals...but when it persecutes ONE american citizen, it HAS TO GO.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
WTFs a UN?

Sounds like an organization of a bunch of losers that the United
States should have no part of.

Getting to the main point of the thread: Obama has always been scrutinized for his patiotism, or lack thereof. I suppose that this can be the icing on the cake.

The United Nations. Just another example of something good gone bad!

[edit on 26/8/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm all for states' rights.

But I'm starting to get the idea that TPTB are playing a game with us.

We're busy supporting it because of state rights and illegals, while at the end of the day these same laws will end up being used against us, furthering the police state we live in.

And we'll have cheered for it.

TPTB > us

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Here's more I have just come across,at www.thenewamerican.com...

I know the quote size is limited,so please take the time to read the whole article.

"State Department Submits to UN Human-rights Review for the First Time"

... demonstrates the willingness of the Obama administration to subject the laws of the United States and those of the several sovereign states of which it is composed to the judgment of the world.

Later in the year, the UN Human Rights Council will conduct a final audit of the current state of the promotion of human rights in the United States. Then, it will recommend a slate of necessary reforms to the laws of the United States.

It ends with this"

Between now and then, Americans have the opportunity through the periodic elections to be held in November to remove from office any legislator who favors the subjugation of our national and state sovereignty to the unelected, unaccountable, unconstitutional authority of the United Nations.

Will voting really make a difference? Will the elections be preempted by some kind of "emergency"? I don't see much reason to hope that things will change in a better direction. People can complain all they want about how evil America is,but if it is so bad,why have people risked life and limb to come here? Anyone wanting a better life in America may as well stay where they are,because we're headed down the drain.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This would be funny if it happened. The vast majority of countries in the UN have much stricter immigration laws than anywhere in the US. Can't wait for places like Saudi Arabia or even Mexico to start lecturing the US on human rights lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join