It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RCMP dismantle alleged Ottawa terrorist cell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

RCMP dismantle alleged Ottawa terrorist cell

www.nationalpost.com

OTTAWA — The RCMP dismantled an alleged Ottawa terrorist cell with suspected links to al-Qaeda on Wednesday morning, making two arrests in the nation’s capital without incident.

The men are suspected of preparing a terrorist attack targeting Canada. The ringleader allegedly attended training camps in the Pakistan and Afghanistan region.

Read more: www.nationalpost.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www3.thestar.com

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There will be a press conference on this tomorrow (Thursday August 26th).... i cant wait to hear more details.

This could be more of the Toronto 18 people, a lot of them were arrested back in 2006 for plotting attacks in Toronto and other places in Ontario. These people are born here in Canada and are angry at Canada's involvement in Afghanistan... They plotted to storm Parliament Hill and detonate truck bombs in downtown Toronto.

This is getting close to home and i hope they get to the bottom of this quickly. But i fear that if this becomes a much bigger problem, we are either going to have a genuine terrorist attack in Canada or a much bigger "Big Brother" presence...

www.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
thanks for the info
will be keeping an eye out

can I make a request to the RCMP??
Can you guys investigate the CIA
while ur at it???

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
how about have someone investigate the RCMP other than the RCMP.

these people are the largest gang in the country and for soem reason get away with everything.

"hey lets tazer that polish guy who cant speak english, he must be up to something"

these guys are scum of the earth, they probably set the guys up to make them look like they do good work here in Canada.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Geez, when I saw this headline I thought the RCMP were doing their job and had arrested Harper and the rest of those scumbag ministers, lobbyists and the local "mafia" kingpins in the Bank of Canada. I mean seriously, ties to Al Qaeda... check, terrorist cell (albeit a large one)... check! Our puppets, errrr, I mean government sucks!

Oh well, one can hope

Cheers - Dave

PS. JeeDawg, if they don't like it here the government could always send them to Afghanistan ;-) Who cares if they were born here, if they want to fight on behalf of another country, they should go there and fight. At least then it can be one-on-one rather than trying to kill soft targets (man I hate these coward dirt bag terrorist types). No political correctness here.

edited for spelling due to hyperfast excitable typing caused by anticipation that our LEO's were actually doing something right.

[edit on 8/25.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sure these are really terrorists or just a typical bunch of bushwacking Canadians with a car full of gas and chainsaws set to go camping out in the bush? The stupid pigs did this before during the G20 protests in Toronto.

top topics

join