It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is everbody always talking about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What is everyone so concerned with? Politics!! Why? If we stop paying attention to politics will they go away? Are we concerned with the world ending? WWWhat? Why? The world is going to do what it wants, and it is going to be what it is! Stop trying to change it!

We need to work on locating what it is in life that we are suppose to do. I know that i have found after years of searching, practicly my whole life one thing remains true, the more i let go, the more i feel free.

Forget philosophy (i know my favorite subject), forget politics, forget the world, just let it all go and you will experience true freedom!!!!

End of rant.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Are you sure you want to focus soley on what it 'is' you want out of life?

THere are many of us on thisplanet, and to say that one agenda is better than the rest seems unfair and ill concived.

I too want personal freedom, just not at other's expense.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by jellyshot]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by jellyshot]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What are they talking about? They are talking about the madmen and women who run things, onequestion.
The world most definitely does not just keep going along the way it is because that's how things are. It goes along the way it does because reality-creating human beings create it to be this way. People are talking about those who rule the world without regards for their fellow humans.
The world is going to be how we make it. The world's going to do what people want it to do.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
being apathetic towards life is not the answer.

You are having a happy and free time without thinking about politics? great...but left unchecked, politics will do something that will effect your happy little world, like filter the internet so you cant freely post on your favorite forum, or tax you to death, or lift regulations and let some industry dump toxic sludge in your fishing hole, etc.

Dont want to worry about potential pandemics or wars? great...until suddenly everyone around you starts getting sick and you were unaware the eggs you got was loaded with samonella..

You must pat attention to whats going on...granted, you don't need to get upset about every single thing thats going on, but ignorance is a false sense of freedom...same as drugs being an escape to depression.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If you turn off your computer ,Tv,radio, dont read any newspapers or magazines and live somewhere nice and quiet then the world is going around just fine.All the worries in the world are self inflicted.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
In an ideal world this would be great. However, if everyone were to not care about these things, politics especially, then what do you think would happen? You do realize that people's ability to discuss these things results in them voting for representatives who make decisions for all of us. If we all checked out, then they would have even more power than they already do which is already too much.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hello onequestion, after reading your thread a couple of things come to mind. One is a quote provided by Ex-MislTech: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
~Edmund Burke.
Now at the same time, I feel it is important to step back and take a break when your frustration get's the best of you and becomes a driving force of negativity. I don't think ignoring issues is the right answer, but moderation in giving them your attention seems best.

Additionally, it is an unfortunate juxtaposition that politics and religion are two things that talking about should be avoided because of the almost certain strife that will follow; yet these subjects are 2 of the most influencing elements of society. Some things'll never change?

We need to work on locating what it is in life that we are suppose to do.

Agreed, and this is perhaps my biggest disappointment in our leaders, lack of vision. I think it is so important to give a nation some optimistic vision, something to work towards with specific goals. Those type of ideas must be included in the seeding of our perspective.

spec

Edit To Add: "What is everbody always talking about?" Unfortunately, without digging deeper than MSM or tv, the subject of so many's conversation rarely ventures beyond superficial, reactionary and the obvious. This is one of numerous reasons I dig ATS, to quench my mental thirst for multiple perspectives, in depth analysis and constructive communication.
Am I resentful towards the sheeple? Not necessarily, because I feel everyone is on their own path moving at their own pace, so I try not to judge others or harbor too many expectations of them.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
What is everyone so concerned with? Politics!! Why? If we stop paying attention to politics will they go away? Are we concerned with the world ending? WWWhat? Why? The world is going to do what it wants, and it is going to be what it is! Stop trying to change it!

We need to work on locating what it is in life that we are suppose to do. I know that i have found after years of searching, practicly my whole life one thing remains true, the more i let go, the more i feel free.

Forget philosophy (i know my favorite subject), forget politics, forget the world, just let it all go and you will experience true freedom!!!!

End of rant.

Ignoring the world does not mean the world will ignore you.

Many have felt that to their peril.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I trie to find a comfortable medium - I sometimes concern myself with what is going on in the world and I also take time for myself, family and friends. IMO balance is the key.

top topics

join