It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw an omen in relation to the numbers 1111.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I’ve read an extraordinary amount about the people who see the number 11 on ATS and on other websites. I know what people are suggesting in terms of the meaning. I also know what people are suggesting in terms of debunking the “phenomenon”.

This thread is about what happened at precisely 11:11 today.

My professor of US History was giving a lecture and talking about how the European settlers viewed the Native peoples of North America with such disdain.
(I looked up at the clock and noticed it was 11:10.
I thought to myself “I’m not going to watch the clock as it turns 11:11”. The reason I thought that is because I now make a conscious effort NOT to clock watch. I see 11 or 111 or 1111 so often that it sometimes creeps me out , and finally I don’t think it’s significant at all if I see it when I am watching the clock turn from 11:10 to 11:11 .)

What seemed extraordinary was a moment or so later when the professor began talking about how perspective changes, how society changes, and how people evolve in terms of their consciousness. I thought it was a really extraordinary place to come to in her lecture, and I felt something sort of incredible as I thought about how many people are suggesting that this number has to do with humanity beginning it's next stage of psychic evolution. By psychic I mean "based in the psyche" or "conscious".
I knew what time it was of course, and I didn’t need to look but I did anyway. I looked at the screen and it was 11:11.
If you are someone who looks at this sort of thing as insignificant then please just go your merry way .
For those how are interested in it, I felt like it was important to share. It’s hard to explain exactly what it made me feel.
From an outsiders standpoint it might sound like an intelligent professor said something deep and philosophical to a classroom which had a person in it (me) who is interested in these things as well as in metaphysics.
From my own standpoint it was synchronicity, which is always significant in a personal way and often does not seem significant at all when looked at from an outside party.
The point she was making was about how human consciousness changes and evolves as it assimilates information. Acceptance of other cultures is what she was focusing on and how it comes from the development of an expanded psyche/perspective.
The fact that she said it when she did was something that happened outside of her conscious awareness in my opinion.
It was as cosmic for me as the fact that eclipses often take place on the eleventh day of the month, or at the beginning of hour eleven. One eclipse at the end of the nineties took place at 11:11 in the morning on the eleventh day of the month. ( I can find that info for anyone who wants it)
The moment I experienced leads me to believe that there is nothing to fear. 1111 is not a warning as many, many people interested in this topic are suggesting. It’s a symbol that the universe uses.
It’s the 1 part of the 1 and zero binary code.
People often say that binary would be understood by extraterrestrial life, and so messages from our planet have been sent into space coded in binary.
Why could the universe not communicate with conscious beings using a similar code right here on earth? And perhaps it’s our own souls? Or our own collective unconscious sending the message? Or all of that?

I don’t believe we are going to evolve into light beings. This is a symbol, and symbols are universal, and it’s being communicated from an intelligence.

I’m not saying I’m the guy who figured all this out. And much of what I believe about the phenomenon is intricately connected to what one Solara has to say about it.
But it was such an unusual thing today and I think I was the only person in the room conscious of the significance of it.

Everything is subjective, and synchronicities are extremely personal in how they take shape. All I’m saying is that it was a truly spiritual moment for me and it felt significant in ways that I can’t completely describe. And I’m saying I saw a sign, and it was a good one.

We are all shamans on this planet in some way or another and the signs are there everyday for all of us to see if we pay attention. This is just one of them that happened and I was lucky enough to catch it. It gave me hope, people. It gave me hope for the human race.
And it was just really, really, really cool

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Humans have a pretty good internal clock. If you have in the back of your mind that 11:11 is of importance, the likelihood of you looking at the clock around that time is greatly increased. The greater variety of physical locations your in when you notice this time on a day to day basis goes on to solidify the importance of the time in your mind and you will sub consciously look for the clock around the time that your body thinks it's 11:11. its like, once you notice something, its really hard to "un-notice" it. I have a squeaky air conditioner at my apartment and at night, i have to actively push the squeaks out of my mind or ill be up all night, because its random squeaks and not on any sort of timed interval. I have to pretty much build something in my mind like with legos and after a minute or two im asleep like clockwork.

As for the importance of time frames and numerology in general, I think it tries to harken a feeling of universal importance. I have heard people say they want to see the end of the world so they can have something in common with everyone else who will experience it, if only to provide a satisfactory unifying feeling for a micro second.

this is one of the best songs about shifting at an exact moment in time

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

You were on 11 minutes ago, Doc.

Anyway, I once wrote down all the different places that I saw 111 over a two day period at the suggestion of a friend. I had several dozen on my list and the clock was only in there once or twice.
I might have been confusing when I wrote about not looking at the clock. If my subconscious is timed to notice it then so be it, but it wouldn't explain all the other times.
That's my favorite Incubus song, by the way.
And ultimately I think you and I could agree on the fact that the universe does have unbelievably precise timing.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
It’s the 1 part of the 1 and zero binary code.
People often say that binary would be understood by extraterrestrial life, and so messages from our planet have been sent into space coded in binary.

Gotta play party pooper here just for education's sake.

If indeed people have been beaming binary messages into space, the only thing it will tell the aliens is that humans invented the digital computer.

The code itself is entirely arbitrary. What I mean is, what the 0s and 1s mean is something that was decided and agreed upon by engineers. If aliens use digital logic devices as well, their "language" will likely be entirely different, or at least different to a large degree (since for example we still might jibe on how we represent integers).

It would be like expecting aliens to understand a voice recording in English.

Otherwise, I'll S&F this, because I experience the 11:11 phenomenon myself and it's a good story.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Hey, NA. Thanks. I'm not sure I understand it completely, but it can be represented in the form of a graph. It's not necessarily as arbitrary as one might imagine because it's either a positive or a negative. something is there (the one) or it's not there (the zero). It's a square that's shaded in or it's not, like in the graph on this site here.

rip.physics.unk.edu...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Hmm, I've looked at that and also checked out Arecibo message on Wikipedia. It seems what they sent is a simple bitmap, and I guess if an alien can figure out 1.) that what's being sent is supposed to be an image, and 2.) the intended width in pixels of each row, they'll be able to put together the image.

I'm still not sure it will tell them a whole lot. But they're a young civilization that just started a SETI-type program, I'll bet it'll get them really excited.

Apparently it was aimed wrong though, as the intended stars won't be there in 25,000 years when the message arrives, and as the article itself says "the real purpose of the message was not to make contact, but to demonstrate the capabilities of newly installed equipment."

Still kinda cool. If there were a closer civilization that would allow us to reasonably (say, in a year or two) send back-and-forth messages, we could probably figure out a way to communicate with each other.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Actually 2.) would be discoverable, since both the width and height are prime numbers, leaving only two possibilities (tall or wide). Very clever.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Hmm, I've looked at that and also checked out Arecibo message on Wikipedia. It seems what they sent is a simple bitmap, and I guess if an alien can figure out 1.) that what's being sent is supposed to be an image, and 2.) the intended width in pixels of each row, they'll be able to put together the image.

I'm still not sure it will tell them a whole lot. But they're a young civilization that just started a SETI-type program, I'll bet it'll get them really excited.

Apparently it was aimed wrong though, as the intended stars won't be there in 25,000 years when the message arrives, and as the article itself says "the real purpose of the message was not to make contact, but to demonstrate the capabilities of newly installed equipment."

Still kinda cool. If there were a closer civilization that would allow us to reasonably (say, in a year or two) send back-and-forth messages, we could probably figure out a way to communicate with each other.

A being that could travel through solar systems could figure it out for sure. I don't know about the "aiming it the wrong way" part though.
It doesn't matter where they aimed it imho, like Kaku and Sagan postulate: the universe must be teeming with life.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Hi there.

I've never actually read or understood the 11:11 to be read as a warning. I've always felt it was a 'wake-up' call, like the Universe saying 'hey you're on the right track, carry on". I've been experiencing or see this particular number sequence on clocks, on emails received, texts received on my mobile phone, microwave for the last 7 years or so.

My understanding is, as far as numerology goes, 10 is the number of the Creator of this Universe, and 1 is the number of humanity, so I would read that as 10 (creator) plus 1 (humanity) creating in harmony in the spiritual realms (left side) and creating in harmony in the material or earthly/ physical realms (right side) in harmony or perfect alignment.

eg, 11 (left side=spiritual realms) : 11 (right side=physical/material world) creation in balance, hence 11:11.

I once saw a documentary on New Zealand TV about the 11:11 and a young girl being interviewed said it (11:11) held special significance for her and her boyfriend as both of them were aware of the number being special, and her boyfriend would text or ring her at 11:11 every day and tell her how special she was to him.

Have included some 11:11 links for anyone who's interested to have a wee look at.

www.crystalinks.com...

www.greatdreams.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.1111spiritguardians.com...

www.google.co.nz...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just a side note- the other day (2 weeks ago) I was talking to my brother-in-law about the 11:11 and coincidences regarding the number in a quite in-depth conversation about all things metaphysical and then him and my sister-in-law went home (they live 2 hours away from me). They called in yesterday and the first thing he said to me was "you know that number you were talking to us about? that 11:11 number?" "yes" I said
"well you'll never believe this but when we got home there was a note on our front door from a SkyTv technician who had called in at, guess what time he'd written on the note...11:11". "Holy freak-outs" says me.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Kiwi, thanks so much for your reply. You certainly have added some more ideas to what this is all about and I appreciate it.Thanks for the links too

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
the number 11 has a powerful spirtual meaning. Just look at 9/11 incident and all the individual planes.

Just check this site out:

www.september11news.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
the number 11 has a powerful spirtual meaning. Just look at 9/11 incident and all the individual planes.

Just check this site out:

www.september11news.com...

Thank you dragnet. I have not seen that before. It's so strange...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I woke up at exactly 11:11 today, lol.

But on a serious note, I believe that numbers and their correlation towards such various attributes is purely speculation: it's how we associate with these numbers that give them their identity.

Like someone said above me, you see what you want to.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Loose Change]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loose Change
I woke up at exactly 11:11 today, lol.

But on a serious note, I believe that numbers and their correlation towards such various attributes is purely speculation: it's how we associate with these numbers that give them their identity.

Like someone said above me, you see what you want to.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Loose Change]

Of course it's speculation , Loose Change. It's merely speculation on the part of us domesticated primates with consciousnesses. I mean this with all respect. All we can do is speculate. But think about that, it's pretty cool. I mean one has to speculate first if one is going to find gold. How else could one examine the prospects without speculation? Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
In cricket games, they often don't put the numbers "111" (or any multiples) on the scoreboard as it is considered bad luck.

However, this is more in reference to the three stumps than anything related to 1111.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
In cricket games, they often don't put the numbers "111" (or any multiples) on the scoreboard as it is considered bad luck.

However, this is more in reference to the three stumps than anything related to 1111.

Interesting, bunnies. It makes me think about how England was always good at oppressing people. And If they flashed 111 or any other master number (any multiples) on the cricket scoreboard then it might actually help to wake up the subconscious intuition of the cricket attendant, in my humble opinion. It's a myth , or rather it's completely backwards to have "bad luck" as the reason for not flashing one eleven.

Thanks for your input. I didn't know about that.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Woah... revelation...

I opened up my iTunes and noticed I subconsciously titled a playlist "1111"...

WTF!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I too have noticed this significant to a specific reference or thought process. I often am in the middle of a conversation about things and then realize I am getting these number sets revealing themselves. I find it validates the messages and thoughts.

Like mentioned already that it is being told that you are on the right track. A validation of Spirit.

In numerology the 11 is a mirror. It has to do with messages received by a higher source than our own. It is also our Sun; the 11 represents "Fire", "Illumination", "Center Stage", "Lights", "Electricity", and "Messages".

It cannot be one message for all, but to each of us as we open to the messages. Like the professor's lecture, like the casual daily conversation, or even just knowing that the path is secure enough to keep from changing course.

Just the thought of placing two mirrors facing one another and infinity occurs. Maybe we step out of one mirror and into the other and nothing changes but that our perspective moves from one side to the other, left to right. Electrically it can indicate Positive to Negative or vice-versa. A paradigm shift or a magnetic pole shift.

Time will tell!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I too have noticed this significant to a specific reference or thought process. I often am in the middle of a conversation about things and then realize I am getting these number sets revealing themselves. I find it validates the messages and thoughts.

Like mentioned already that it is being told that you are on the right track. A validation of Spirit.

In numerology the 11 is a mirror. It has to do with messages received by a higher source than our own. It is also our Sun; the 11 represents "Fire", "Illumination", "Center Stage", "Lights", "Electricity", and "Messages".

It cannot be one message for all, but to each of us as we open to the messages. Like the professor's lecture, like the casual daily conversation, or even just knowing that the path is secure enough to keep from changing course.

Just the thought of placing two mirrors facing one another and infinity occurs. Maybe we step out of one mirror and into the other and nothing changes but that our perspective moves from one side to the other, left to right. Electrically it can indicate Positive to Negative or vice-versa. A paradigm shift or a magnetic pole shift.

Time will tell!

Well that certainly fine tunes my perspective on this matter. Star for this awesome post, dude. Peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loose Change

Woah... revelation...

I opened up my iTunes and noticed I subconsciously titled a playlist "1111"...

WTF!!!

The argument to that , LC, is that it was the easiest thing to type in. (just being devil's advocate)
However you could have easily called it 2222 or whatever number, and each set of master numbers has a different meaning in numerology, so there is definitely a deeper reason for why you chose to call it that, imho. Now you're going to start seeing it everywhere , sister/brother!!!

top topics

join