It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: 72 found dead in Mexico may be migrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
maybe we should start doing this ourselves so these people will think twice before illegally entering into our country. we can just pile up the dead bodies to make this fence they are always talking about. it upsets me that people can come here have twenty babies and live a better life than i could hope for free, and i was born and raised here. i can't even go to the emergency room but these people get free health care for themselves and their five dozen babies. your tax dollars support these people who are mostly racist against whites and blacks and view america as some kind of joke.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Those 72 "illegal immigrants" were probably the local drug cartel's competition. Those people were probably "mules", people who transport drugs from Central America to the U.S. through Mexico.

They probably got caught, stripped of their drugs they were carrying, murdered, and dumped.

Just more deaths we can chalk up to this stupid idea of making drugs illegal, creating a pointless "War on Drugs", and hence the largest black market in the world.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

So immigrate the right way, and if you are going to do it the illegal way, then be prepared to pay the consequences........

Im sorry but i have no sympathy for people who want to break laws to enter countries to better their lives.......

Thats like me starting a relationship with a woman by violating her trust first....it makes no sense and doesnt set a good precedence!

Ill say again, If you arent going to come over the right way, be prepared for the consequences.......

LoL Mexico wants to tell us how to run our immigration policy, and America gives the man a standing ovation, and wants to have his voice heard on the suit in Arizona, all the while his policies are far more harsh then ours have EVER been......and we listen?

Seriously why do we give the hypocrites the time of day.....people are leaving that country in DROVES, their police are in bed with the cartels to the point of KILLING and KIDNAPPING people in broad day light, IN OUR COUNTRY ,what leg does ANYONE in Mexico have to stand on to tell us ANYTHING.

sorry had to rant

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Know what the real problem here really is? The Mexican government is as corrupt as its police, and in my opinion they are involved with the biggest cartel in mexico: The Sinaloa cartel, and they are backing them up somehow. Los zetas have been hinting on that for awhile now. I've lived in Mexico for a couple years and nothing ever happened to me, but back in 2005, 2006 wasn't as nearly as bad as it is now. They have great food and they are great people also but the drug problem is a huge problem. I think its not even so much caused by the US's demand for dope but IMHO by the Mexican Government itself. Theres alot of money involved in this, up in the billions per year so you can bet that the corruption goesall the way up to Felipe Calderon(Mexicos president) For the latest stories on the mexican narco war you can check blogdelnarco.com Its in spanish but if you're using google chrome you shouldn't have a problem with it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Prices might be higher, but at least millions more of Americans would presumably be employed, thus putting money back into the economy. As it stands with the illegals, they are shipping a lot, if not most, of that money out of country. Furthermore, instead of welfare for millions of Americans, drawing on the system, these Americans could be paying income taxes, thus helping to reduce inflation. Fact is, it's extremely hard to forecast the economy if such a large scale change were to take effect, however I believe our economy would be in a little better place, though not saved. With that being said, our economy is tanking for entirely different reasons and regardless, it is going to tank if certain highly unlikely conditions aren't met. So, all in all, the only interests benefitting from the illegal alien "trade", is foreign countries and the corporate elite who hiring them, not you or I.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I feel bad when anyone loses a life and the families have my sympathy. But I do have to say woo hoo looks like there may be 72 jobs available to citizens that are not taken by illegalls

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

So immigrate the right way, and if you are going to do it the illegal way, then be prepared to pay the consequences........

Im sorry but i have no sympathy for people who want to break laws to enter countries to better their lives.......

That is so harsh.

You are talking about human beings! With families, children and dreams! Hopefully, you will never find yourself in the need to leave everything behind and face an uncertain future, going to a place where you will be degraded and scorned.

I really am not making an apology of illegal immigration, but rather trying to make you see the human side of it. Before judging someone else, try walking first a mile in their shoes.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is just a very disgusting thing.
I feel for those poor people.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
if they were in Mexico, and they were Mexicans, then how are they illegal immigrants?

They appear to be 72 migrants from Central and South America according to this article.

Mexico is know to treat illegal/legal immigrants horribly. They are absolutely cruel, brutal and even murderous when it comes to dealing with immigrants from Central and South America.

I wonder why these immigrants (illegal or otherwise) were targeted at all?
Is this some sort of grisly message?

According to the WSJ:

Mexican marines discovered the 72 bodies—58 men and 14 women —on Tuesday after the lone survivor of the massacre, a wounded migrant from Ecuador, stumbled into a Navy checkpoint the previous day and told of being shot on Monday at a nearby ranch, Mexican officials said on Wednesday.

One marine and three alleged gunmen died during a two-hour battle, which ended when the gunmen fled in a fleet of SUVs, leaving behind a cache of weapons.
WSJonline

They lost a Marine, too.

What a nightmare.

- Lee

[edit on 25-8-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Apparently, the Zetas drug cartel was trying to extort money from them and when they refused, the Zetas started shooting them.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Im sorry that sounds harsh but thats the way it is......

Im all for coming here and bettering your lives, but if you are going to break our laws to do it, then you dont deserve to be here........thousands upon thousands do it the right way, so can they........

And if they chose to do it the WRONG way, then they have to deal with the consequences.......

If i knock on someones door and ask to come in, more then likely they will let me........

If i break in, i should expect that i could get shot in the face.........

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
how much worse could it be if we legalized marijuana and fostered hemp production?
focused the resources on dangerous drugs and criminals. we see they are
thriving using the current tactics, are they not?
they are sadistic vermin and must be tracked down and eliminated.
i view this as war that i'm stuck in the middle of here in phoenix.
we can fight terrorism everywhere but here. 47 warships,200 helicopters,
7,000 marines deployed -in costa rica. what sense is that?
beheadings ,grenades,car bombs..they invade the usa daily-
but we must chase ragged tribesmen half a world away..
we can invade and nation build anywhere-
but dont dare travel in parts of the usa.
what to do with illegals?
make them all citizens -reinstate the draft, or this compulsory civilian service.
do 2 years and learn english. or you can avoid this by escaping to -mexico.
and forget this wall idea grampa- get the drones up here- not pakistan.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join