It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British houswife speaks out about her feelings on the Wars on Terror

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Were those international studies or done by the US?

I agree that BOTH our 'ordinary' people seem to be getting less intelligent as the decades roll by.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AmosGraber

Emotion of course, just as was intended.
I see a poor little sod, trying to be brave while breaking his little heart wondering why his daddy won't ever be coming back.

Poor kid.

But then again, that is exactly what i'm being told to think really isn't it?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

All Marines despise war, but its civilians like you who have no idea who sacrificed for you to even type those words. Please allow me to use the words of some people who I admire in history to speak the most correct reply to your misunderstanding of bravery, valor, honor, fathfullness, what we Marines like to call Semper Fidelis I hate war, one of my personal hero’s said this of war, and “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction....The chain reaction of evil -- hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars -- must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.” --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. But you must remember, “There are no warlike people, just warlike leaders.” Ralph Bunche, in addition, “Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. It can no longer serve to settle disputes. It can no longer be of concern to great powers alone. For a nuclear disaster, spread by winds and waters and fear, could well engulf the great and the small, the rich and the poor, the committed and the uncommitted alike. Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind.” –JFK and “During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable, even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism” Howard Thurman

However when war has begun, and as long as our human society keeps embracing the precepts of our ancient primitive mutated ape-like cultures, there is one thing you can always count on there will always be war, ‘So long as there are men there will be wars “--Albert Einstein; and when in war a person needs to remember, “The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his” -George Patton, “War is cruelty; there is no use reforming it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over… War is a remedy chosen by our enemy; therefore let him have his fill of it”-William Sherman.

That all being said don’t hate those servicemen and servicewomen who are out there even as we speak ducking for cover, while we just sit here and type, words which will someday be lost into the history of time, while their actions and sacrifices will remain for the eternity of the prosperity of humanity.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Koyaanisqatsi

If you could not see the bravery of in that boy's eyes, then it’s time to slowly step away from the keyboards and give the computer a little break.........weeeeeeeeeeeeee....ever hear of people who succumb to blogging breakdown syndrome? They start reading their personal beliefs into everything they see, kind of like over delusional fantasies, as if they view themselves as some type of white haired prophet or prophetess sitting on a mountain full of wisdom. I always like to ask my fellow bloggers, "Ever ask youself, what if I'm wrong?'

An old fellow once said to me in words on a piece of paper, "I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." So maybe that boy is a very brave boy to be standing before his dead father or mother, taking a military folded flag he will keep and cherish the rest of his natural born life, and I am willing to bet ya all the money in the world he will tell you many years from now, if he could, that was one of the bravest, proudest, saddest, hurtful moments in his life.

Life is an emotional dichotomy especially with emotions, to say you saw no bravery well that is just sad. I pity you, and I feel sorry for you, but God Bless

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Seriously you think that means anything to the families that have lost a loved one at either end of this war?

Have you actually seen action or are you just being John Goodman's character out of 'The Big Lebowski'?

War is murder and make no mistake. It doesn't matter on which side of whichever holy book you stand by - killing another is against your rules; end of.

And by the way I couldn't care less what your religion is.

It's wrong.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

This is just one more right-wing canard foisted upon us by dittoheads that will doctor a blog to their own nationality, and pass it along as legit. I first saw it as being by a 'woman from New Brunswick'. Do a search...

I really don't know what pisses me off more...the clowns who write this crap, the ones who customise it for their local audience of dullards, or the ones that see fit to drop it into my mailbox.

Ask my right-ish friends...I nail them on this crap every time.

By all means, express an opinion, but rub a couple of braincells together, eh?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Wow, just wow, you were not in the Military were you? People like you always stand out; always an obvious call. I thank the Gods or God if you prefer, I never saw action. I was just in this little thing we use to call the Cold War during the 80s, I guarded Nuclear Weapon convoys when they were being moved across country, I use to think it was action, always had to be on our toes, but seeing what these young men and women have to do today, multiple tours, because the general public is unwilling to accept a draft, countless hours away from their loved ones, living in constant danger for days upon end, the horrible human tragedy from these wars will be costly. War is horrible, but ever person wearing a uniform should be honored by us all till the end of days, because since they went it meant YOU didn’t have to!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I don't understand you. You ask me (or whoever reads your post) what emotions or reactions I get from what you post, and then you piss on me for seeing something else than you want me to see?

FYI I haven't always been in front of a computer screen. I have served as an EOD-tech for four years. I even have the "crab" to show for it. So, don't tell me what to think and feel, please.

I seriously don't get it.

"We have war when at least one of the parties to a conflict wants something more than it wants peace". ~Jeane J. Kirkpatrick

War is such a waste.

Koy

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmosGraber
I thank the Gods or God if you prefer, I never saw action.

Nuff' said Donny.

Leave it at that.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

This is just one more right-wing canard foisted upon us by dittoheads that will doctor a blog to their own nationality, and pass it along as legit. I first saw it as being by a 'woman from New Brunswick'. Do a search...

I really don't know what pisses me off more...the clowns who write this crap, the ones who customise it for their local audience of dullards, or the ones that see fit to drop it into my mailbox.

Or the morons who think there is some kind of relevance to who and where a message which has obviously traveled around the world has evolved and been understood, same dang idiots who think they are some kind of research expert, whenever they really are just amateur internet browsers, WHO THE HECK CARES WHO, WHEN OR WHERE IT WAS written, man dude, lay of the weed for a little while.........

And by the way sonny, I'm a blue blooded liberal SOB! So take that to the bank...he he.....I think war is stupid, but if you're going to war, you shouldn't fight this conservative pansy war they do today, we should blow the crap out of em as liberally as we can. Kinda an old-fashioned liberal, all liberals are not peace loving tree huggers....

[edit on 25-8-2010 by AmosGraber]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Nuff said I'll believe anything..Ya I'll leave it at that too.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Erev shabbas Walter,

Erev shabbas.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Your funny do you juggle too?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I dont care about the Koran either.

But then again I dont care about any organized religion, as I feel they are all mysoginistic and evil.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reading the replies, seems to me, no one else cares either about the Taliban beating a pregnant Afghanistan woman, then shooting her, or children being blown up, Christian doctors being beheaded, need I go on??

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'm really good at bowling if it helps.

I just don't think taking one wife's take on the whole thing does justice to it all. She's emotional and that is to be expected - as for all our responses to the affair, I think it's safe to say that we just accept that people who go to war have a high chance of dying.

That's it.

Let's not get caught up in who is right and who is wrong.

Neither you nor me had any say in this war.

Leave it be from an emotional front and attack it on a fact based front.

It was a war started through greed and it is a war that will have to accept the consequences of that greed.

Againl chill man, we've got nothing to add to this. It's done already.

You wanna fight? - do so in the voting booth!!

-m0r

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

No kidding!!! It's crazy how some people think you have to have religion to have faith in the first place. Religion is a creation of humanity, God is unfathomable but such minuet creatures such as humans, it will still be a long time before we will ever truly even in a very small comprehend God, Creator, Master of the Universe, until then Him, She or It will constantly remain a mystery while always bringing out the nut jobs who think they have the only true understanding of God..

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Too many people are running around trying to create outrage...then making money off it. The current US formula is get the taxpayer to pay for wrecking it...then get them to pay for fixing is, and make a whole wad of dough on both ends.

I can think for myself, thank you...I don't need to be have my basest buttons pushed by email bravo sierra in order to formulate an opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I didn't mean to disrespect your feelings, AmosGraper. You obviously feel strongly about your cause and you just wanted to see if it would bring tears in other peoples eyes as well.

It did, but perhaps not for the same reason. It only means that there are different sides to every story. And of course, I can't know how that boy felt.
For all I know it could be bravery. I just felt sorry for him.

To me, your point makes sense if you have bought the official story or if you are trying to sell it. Then again, it's just how it comes across to me.

War is not about who is right only who is left. :-)

Koy

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yaaawn.. Yet another recycled propaganda piece.. Saw the same letter a few years ago written by an american.. Looks like they just dusted it off and now claim its by a brit..
Designed to spread hate and condition the public to both support the so-called "war on terror" and war crimes of western governments..
So be good little citizens and believe the propaganda after all big brother knows whats best for you.. Seems the writers are stuck with the same old material.. Then again with the short attention span of the public saves them a bit of money in the budget to recycle the old propaganda..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join