It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wikileaks releases CIA paper

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I find this part interesting:

To date, the US is not a signatory to the International Criminal Court (ICC) and instead, has pursued Bilateral Immunity Agreements (BIAs) with other countries to ensure immunity for US nationals from ICC prosecution. The US has threatened to terminate economic aid and withdraw military assistance with countries that do not accede to BIAs.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Actually, the CIA saying "Nothing so see here! Move along people" ...through some un-named "spokesperson"... would be typical if it WAS something important.

My 2 little cents...

The theme of that leak was basically "What if the world found out America was supporting and breeding terrorists"

I think that is Wiki's *Warning* to the CIA...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I probably know more about red cell than anyone here. The man who initially headed up the project was Dick Marcinko an old family firend. He was a plank owner with seal team 2 and founded seal team 6. After he left 6 he founded Red Cell. The pic at the top of the Op was their logo and motto WGMATATS, We get more ass than a toilet seat.

He was the greatest specwarrior the US has ever had. Red Cell was designed to probe US installations for potential securtiy risks. He planted IED's on nuclear subs, kidnapped US ambassadors, all kinds of stuff like that to prove how vunerable we are. He pissed off some many Admirals they set out on a witch hunt and court martialed him over weapon expenditures. He always wanted his guys to ahve the best toys.

After Prison he started SOS Temps, precursor to Executive outcomes and Blackwater. He's currently CEO of Red Cell INTL. Probing alllied installations for security risks. He's also 70ish now. He ain't shootin and lootin anymore.

But CIA? I severely question wikilinks info here though. Red Cell has been and still is a navy funded group. Definitely not run by the spooks in the agency.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The document appears to look at the issue of the US being an exporter of terrorism via it's citizens.

Actually, the issue of US being an exporter of terrorism and it being internationally understood is not because of American citizens on the whole, but because of the US Government and it's alphabet agencies (mainly the CIA) sponsoring military coups, dictatorships, terrorist groups, assassinations, bombings, shootings and economic sabotage and sanctions globally to achieve the aims of the US Corporate elite and government and it's backers which have led to the suffering, maiming, and killing of countless numbers of people worldwide.

The CIA document wishes to portray the danger of the US being recognised as an exporter of terrorism internationally because of American citizens.

A poor attempt by the CIA to deflect the blame for the US being recognised as exporting international terrorism away from itself.

The CIA is saying here to blame the American citizen, Make the American citizen the enemy terrorist instead, putting aside the fact that terrorist attacks by American citizens are minicule compared to those carried out in the name of the CIA and American government.

A precursor document 'justifying' a real clampdown, I fear. The citizen it seems, is now to be designated the enemy and the terrorist, not the CIA.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

On a side note, I found this rather interesting:

Before the US entered World War II, British intelligence carried out information operations against prominent US citizens deemed to be isolationists or sympathetic to the Nazis. Some historians who have examined relevant archives even suspect that British intelligence officers assassinated Nazi agents on US soil.

I did not know that.

This does not surprise me. JFK's father, in his role as the US Ambassador to the UK, was known as an appeaser, and called for Britain to come to terms with Hitler.

And of course we know about the Bush-Nazi links.

John Ford was said to be a Nazi, and all these people with Nazi sympathies or who were isolationists were something the UK saw as people in powerful positions who acted to the detriment of the war effort against Hitler at a time when the US was officialy neutral and the UK stood alone.

I can full well imagine that there was Nazi agents bumped off in sorts of places by UK intelligence, and perhaps made to look like accidents.

That sort of stuff still goes on now with various intelligence agencies.

I have often wondered whether JFK was killed because of his refusal and hesitance to start a nuclear war with the Soviet Union over the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I have wondered whether some people said "He's just like his Dad, an appeaser!" and had him killed for not going to nuclear war with the Soviet Union.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Why dont they tell me somthing i dont know? like who was involved in the 911 fiasco? was it more of these spook's? if your going to come clean, wash your stinky part's as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
American armed forces, CIA and others are all for hire.
What's new?
The nation of contractors. It has been so obvious for a while now.
In Afghanistan they fight war for their employer - China.
China's relation to Muslim countries is "good" because of that.
This is how America "creates jobs" for Americans. Fight the terror!
New technologies - Joystick warriors

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just always to remember that NO MATTER WHAT happens, US still has a valid and sacred Constitution, that many lives had been sacrificed for to build a nation, a social contract between the founding fathers - from the wise drafters to the courageous humble foot soldier - to succeeding generations, to observe and live by, so to achieve common aspirations.

Those who presume themselves above the law and the sacred Constituition will have to be rooted out and dealt with by the judical branch, provided that branch had not been equally compromised....

That which had been destroyed, can be rebuild again, if the heart and mind still exists for it....

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Wikileaks is CONTROLLED OPPOSITION. THis release just reinforces this.

It is no longer effective to use mainstream sources to propagandize the public they needed an online source preferably one "posing" as a check and balance. These are controlled leaks and we are being played.

However, I think we are more discerning than the elite give us credit and this particular psyop won't work on us. It did for a short while I guess even though I have never found any info wikileaks has leaked to be groundbreaking. Atm though wikileaks is looking like more of a fraud than ever.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Agree, totally agree. Controlled release, MSM straight on it, either wikileaks and us are gettin played or wikileaks is controlled. The amount of attention Assuange (spelling?) is getting is also sus. I think they want us to lap this stuff up as hardcore insider material when in reality is says nothing other than U.S. citizens need to be suspected as terrorists as much as cavedwellers. Serves their agenda more than anything else. Gotsa stay on your toes these days. Need to use discernment carefully.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Tweet from wikileaks that they consider THIS the best write up

www.thehindu.com...

Thing is, this article says the CIA termed it a thought provoking document.

Personally I am a big supporter, but I can see where folks would think that this is controlled oppositon, but then, I step out of my American shoes for a minute, and I can see where if I were not so ethnocentric, I might really go hmmmmm to this document.

It's not just citizens of the US reading this thing. It's actually going to encourage other nation's citizens, to look twice at the US - exactly what the CIA was worried about, in this document.

So when I look at it like that, I'm not so sure that Wikileaks is controlled opposition.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Look at the bottom of page 2- it talks about Americans supporting Irish freedom.

How would you feel if you'd had family killed in that mess, to then read that Americans were supporting and funding it? All the time your country has been lock and step with America, sacrificing troops to America's wars while your country was going broker than broke?

You'd think America is hypocritical and arrogant. You wouldn't want to cooperate so much with America, wouldn't want your politicians too.

America might find herself like the snobby rich girl who has got used to everyone sucking up to her, enabling her to be more and more nasty to everyone she doesn't see as her equal, all the time putting on a sweet fake smile to cover her depravity. Then one day people start seeing through it, and she finds herself all alone with no date for the prom.

Just hope the prom isn't ww3.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Do remember, this is about the CIA and what they had actively supported and done, and may NOT had been the perogative of the American People.

This rouge agency is responsible for its own actions. Prior to 1940s, there had been NO cia or any active intelligence agency involved, for USA had been a peaceful nation and never seek for dominance. The stupid japs of that era tested USA and found out to its dismay, and never to screw around with americans.

But with the jap attack on Pearl Harbour, the CIA grew from the OSS and became an independent agency, shrouded in secrecy that NO ONE truly knew what what went on - NOT presidents or any senate committee, and had continue until present day.

There had been many things that went unnoticed by the American People of what the CIA had been up to. The wiki leaks documents are an insight to WHAT went on and its about time for the nation to comprehend what had been happening BEHIND their backs, and hold the agency accountable for its many unconstitutional activities.

Heads need to roll, but only to be rehabilitated, so that the future of the agency and American foreign policy lays in the hands of the elected, and not in a bunch of UNELECTED civil servants who presumed themselves ABOVE the law.

Failing which, USA is no longer ruled by the vote, but an unelected dictatorships of diverse groups with self interests involved, a blasphemy to the sacred Constitution of 'For the People, By the People'.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Please read the document before commenting. It is a policy analysis of the consequences of the US being perceived by other governments as an "exporter of terrorism," not as a "state sponsor of terrorism." This is a crucial difference. Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Yemen are considered to be "exporters of terrorism" in the sense that their disaffected citizens travel abroad without government support to commit violent acts. Iran, Syria and until recently, Libya, are considered "state sponsors of terrorism," which means that the terrorist acts are an actively funded extension of government policy. There is no denying that private US citizens have become radicalized and joined foreign terrorist organizations, from the IRA to "Never Again" to al Qaeda. The concern is that the US would appear impotent, hypocritical or complicit if it is perceived to be as ineffective as Pakistan or Yemen in controlling the radicalization of its populace. There is no smoking gun of any kind here. It might as well be a paper in "Foreign Affairs Quarterly."

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What I am seeing is that

1. I'm thankful that the CIA at least has some people that have concerns and a way to express them about how the US is perceived. There seems to be some conscious in this memo.

2. This memo is marked NO FOREIGN NATIONALS. It was marked that way FOR A REASON. No matter -what- the original intent, the document points out that the US has been involved in some of the most violent of terrorist activities, IE Mombai.

3. THE WORLD has it now.

(CIA, American non-CIA citizens, lol, all citizens, no? And if you aren't FROM the US salivating over getting some good dirt from the CIA, or trying to put Wikileaks itself on trial, you probably won't care about that distinction in the first place)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm
The document appears to look at the issue of the US being an exporter of terrorism via it's citizens.

Actually, the issue of US being an exporter of terrorism and it being internationally understood is not because of American citizens on the whole, but because of the US Government and it's alphabet agencies (mainly the CIA) sponsoring military coups, dictatorships, terrorist groups, assassinations, bombings, shootings and economic sabotage and sanctions globally to achieve the aims of the US Corporate elite and government and it's backers which have led to the suffering, maiming, and killing of countless numbers of people worldwide.

The CIA document wishes to portray the danger of the US being recognised as an exporter of terrorism internationally because of American citizens.

A poor attempt by the CIA to deflect the blame for the US being recognised as exporting international terrorism away from itself.

The CIA is saying here to blame the American citizen, Make the American citizen the enemy terrorist instead, putting aside the fact that terrorist attacks by American citizens are minicule compared to those carried out in the name of the CIA and American government.

A precursor document 'justifying' a real clampdown, I fear. The citizen it seems, is now to be designated the enemy and the terrorist, not the CIA.

I agree. ...And think you said it better than I did, here.

RE: "A poor attempt by the CIA to deflect the blame for the US being recognised as exporting international terrorism away from itself."

Yes, and 2 birds with one stone: Makes a case to justify shutting down the Free Internet.

This is real - and it's NOT good.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Yeah, I don't see WL opposing anything specific or publishing anything with substance.
They could have destroyed WL a long time ago, but that would be like making a napster or suprnova out of them. The only winning move is to use them.
But apparently, there are still idiots out there who think that it's possible to shut something down on the internet.
Like Rupert Murdoch.
So, while the Pentagon attempts to use them, MSM is trying to kill them.
Which is hilarious to watch.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am sure paid CIA agents will be all over here as well as other sites to defend their agency. They are paid to do so.

I would not expect them to do otherwise, even though their policy is to confuse, confound and conquer. Its the only way to cunningly win. Afterall, after 911, many joined this rouge agency out of blind patriotism and with the way the world is going, its a well paid and secured job. Anything to help put food the table is justifiably, even if truth and reality had been twisted, just as the moron bush dared to show his face in public again.

I welcome them, for they are my brothers and sisters by divine creation. They are only human with flaws just as I and everybody else am. By all means, continue with the triple Cs policy, but do know that that you may be the agent, but your family, relatives, friends and future generations ARE NOT PROTECTED.

If errors are not admitted and corrected, we will only doom humanity, all of us including your loved ones as well. Think about it. I am insignificant, but you are not, for you are NOT born out of a rock.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join