It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wikileaks releases CIA paper

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
... I don't trust the MSM who are reporting on it and saying it has little significance.

You are right not to trust them, and not just for the obvious reasons which most if not all ATS members are familiar with.

There was a time in the United States that we had this thing called "journalists." Their job was to investigate, uncover, and objectively report. They worked tirelessly, uncovered sources, protected their sources, and broke stories of great significance, some of them altering the course of history.

Those people barely exist any more. Instead we have corporate media machines which report 1% news and 99% opinion under the "context" euphemism. They are driven by profit and controlled by powers invisible. The objective information of the public is way at the bottom of their list.

Wikileaks has made many enemies over the years. Those include governments, corporations, cults ... but perhaps their biggest enemy is the main stream corporate media itself. Not only because Wikileaks puts the fear of god in the hearts and minds of the people who control the media, but mostly because Wikileaks is now doing the job that the MSM forgot how to do a long time ago.

The MSM hates Wikileaks because they remind the ordinary folk like you and me of what the media is supposed to do and the job at which they are failing at so miserably. Wikileaks shows the MSM up and they do not like it one bit.

In those now long forgotten days of true journalists, a FREE press was part of the American checks & balances system. The MSM has abdicated and renounced their responsibility in this regard. Wikileaks is their daily reminder of the disgrace they have become and as such, instead of embracing WL as fellow agents of truth they will do anything to get back at them.

The politicians don't care about the people!
The corporations don't care about the people!
The media don't care about the people!

Does Wikileaks care?
I don't know, but they are the only ones even acting like they care.
Sadly, that's as much as we as citizens can expect these days.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

... I don't trust the MSM who are reporting on it and saying it has little significance.

You are right not to trust them, and not just for the obvious reasons which most if not all ATS members are familiar with.

There was a time in the United States that we had this thing called "journalists." Their job was to investigate, uncover, and objectively report. They worked tirelessly, uncovered sources, protected their sources, and broke stories of great significance, some of them altering the course of history.

Those people barely exist any more. Instead we have corporate media machines which report 1% news and 99% opinion under the "context" euphemism. They are driven by profit and controlled by powers invisible. The objective information of the public is way at the bottom of their list.

Wikileaks has made many enemies over the years. Those include governments, corporations, cults ... but perhaps their biggest enemy is the main stream corporate media itself. Not only because Wikileaks puts the fear of god in the hearts and minds of the people who control the media, but mostly because Wikileaks is now doing the job that the MSM forgot how to do a long time ago.

The MSM hates Wikileaks because they remind the ordinary folk like you and me of what the media is supposed to do and the job at which they are failing at so miserably. Wikileaks shows the MSM up and they do not like it one bit.

In those now long forgotten days of true journalists, a FREE press was part of the American checks & balances system. The MSM has abdicated and renounced their responsibility in this regard. Wikileaks is their daily reminder of the disgrace they have become and as such, instead of embracing WL as fellow agents of truth they will do anything to get back at them.

The politicians don't care about the people!
The corporations don't care about the people!
The media don't care about the people!

Does Wikileaks care?
I don't know, but they are the only ones even acting like they care.
Sadly, that's as much as we as citizens can expect these days.

Exactly why I trust Wikileaks....

The enemy of the American people is corrupt government and media, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by spiritualzombie]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I've wondered about this announcement.....why now?

Could they be trying to link Assange to terrorists?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Great post.

Second line. second line. second line.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
This document is not fake, it is not controlled leak. I believe this document offers a glimpse into the discussions going on between the higher ups.

Do American freedoms put the U.S. in danger?
[edit on 25-8-2010 by spiritualzombie]

It is obvious to me that when you say 'U.S.' you're referring to the Corporation of the United States of America. Yes, our freedoms do put this Corporation in danger.

This is one of my fears. That the 'higher ups' actually lost sight of the importance of their position. That the prime concern is the 'nation' or their organization's power over the people. That's fascism.

The U.S. is (or is at least supposed to be) something human. The U.S. should be defined as 'the people of the U.S.' What our freedoms put in danger is the control thirsty power hungry organism that thrives on oppression and crime. The 'US' they would be referring to would be the Corporation known as the 'UNITED STATES'.

That's the only thing in danger here. And that's a good thing.

However, it would seem that they would like to spin it so we think that they're talking about the people, when they imply that the U.S. is in danger, technically, they are not lying because the U.S. IS a Corporation.

It all comes down to a game of definitions and confusion.

Once seen through, all this document does is lay out a clear picture of the CIA's motives.

And you seem to be certian (SpiritualZombie) that the leak is not controlled or fake. It boggles me how you could be so certain on something that you don't know. Did you mean to say 'I believe that the document is not fake and the leak is not controlled.'?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by BlubberyConspiracy]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hmmm. Just thinkin. This memo is dated 5 February 2010, just after all the accusations came out about Conspiracy Theorists. It's looking like it could be part of a communications campaign. Just thinkin.

GREAT post SD btw.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thanks OP, this certainly was an interesting article to read.

There are many people here, who question the importance of the information released in the CIA REDCELL document, take another look please.

Start of page 3 of 5, the paragraphs leading title is.. "American Freedoms Facilitate Terrorist Recruitment and Operations." This in itself is a pretty big deal, considering that the CIA is looking at America's liberty to be the cause of its dangers. If you like your ability to surf the web, post blogs, etc, in freedom, and relative privacy, then you should be at least slightly alarmed (as the leaked doc, discusses YouTube, FaceBook, etc, as being used to link extremists to potential recruits state-side).

On another note, I'm not too sure how many of the American public are preoccupied with the relations between our country, and the rest of the world.. But I for one, think such things matter. Especially in circumstances that could prevent another atrocity from occurring on our soil once again (although the last one may have been cooked up by our own government), but having amicable relations can never hurt.

There is discussion, that because of the US and their one-sided approach to counter-terrorism action, other countries may turn a blind eye to their (US gov't) requests for the release, extradition, rendition or whatever, of alleged or convicted terrorists, in interest of protecting American interests or citizens.

But seeing as the rest of the world has a tendency to be slightly less pig-headed than the American GOVERNMENT (please note, that I do not reflect the actions for the American gov, entirely back upon the American populace), maybe it isn't such a big issue?

Lets hope not anyway

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Brilliant correlation...I wonder if there is anything to that...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by soficrow

Brilliant correlation...I wonder if there is anything to that...

Actually this correlation is more interesting...

Originally posted by soficrow
Hmmm. Just thinkin. This memo is dated 5 February 2010,

US intelligence chief claims right to assassinate Americans overseas

911info.wordpress.com...

By Joe Kishore
5 February 2010
by wsws.org

US Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair said on Wednesday that government agencies have a policy of assassinating Americans overseas as required by the “war on terror.”

In testimony before the House intelligence committee, Blair said the assassinations would be justified if US citizens were “taking action that threatens Americans.” This is an extremely broad category, giving the US intelligence apparatus general authority to engage in what amount to extra-judicial executions.

Alternative source:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Given the level of 'secret', I do not believe this document confirms the existence of Al-Qaeda. Many believe, including myself, that AQ is a CIA fiction. At 'secret' level, this would not be disclosed.

I couldnt agree more. I have always felt that way too. "Al Qaeda" is a name under which they can conveniently throw any disgruntled freedom fighter, revolutionary, or nut job to make it look as though every act of non-state sanctioned aggression in the world is linked and proof that there is this big shadowy scary monster out there waiting to eat up all the first world peoples.

And I also agree completely, at the secret level, the end users of this document would be as clueless that AQ is a fiction as the masses are. As Chomsky says, you get the most highly indoctrinated to sell the indoctrination to others, or to carry out your wishes. Not the least indoctrinated.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has touched on this but I think the reason the new information released isn't revealing is because Assange cut a deal with the CIA. Isn't if funny how today the media also announced that they are dropping one of the rape accusations on him and the other is a molestation charge which is not a sex crime in Sweden?

Looks to me like they made a deal to where he could still meet his deadline but not put anything damning out.

Wikileaks founder cleared of allegations...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
just curious, but when will wikileaks release the ufo x files?
that will probably get Julian Assange killed in some freak plane or car crash

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
Why is this report only a few pages long?

Why is this report a propaganda piece about the threat of US citizens committing terrorism abroad?

This looks like a controlled leak to me.

All the document does is justify why the Government needs to work harder to restrict US citizens from traveling abroad.

What this PDF suggests is its smoking gun.

They are reporting that you and I are a threat to US Intelligence relations with foreign countries.

I thought the same thing about traveling abroad- fear. Brought to mind the concept underlying Michael Chrichton's State of Fear

Could it be fear-mongering disinfo?

Also, what's with this...

In 2005 9/11 suspect Abdelghani Mzoudi was acquitted by a German court because the US refused to allow Ramzi bin al-Shibh, a suspected ringleader of the 9/11 plot who was in US custody, to testify.

Ummm... I can't thing of a valid reason. Could it be that his testimony would have been too conducive towards revealing Truth?

Something just doesn't smell right to me about this new release. Maybe I've just read too many novels with a twist at the end!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It would really suck to setup a whistleblower site, go to great pains to protect people who provide information, risk your own well-being to release the information to the public, only to have the public you are trying to inform create baseless speculation that you are a CIA dis-info agent...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Booo, that paper wasn't what it was hyped up to be

So far....nothing from Wikileaks is.

OOO! We leaked a paper, and look, it's a memo

Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

Signed - The CIA

WOOOOW! Way to go Wikileaks. At lease they're not lying about its contents this time.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
this doesn't look like a leak to me. it looks more like our government is telling us that we should close our borders, in this form both we and the sheeple can agree to it.

maybe they let the arizona situation spiral out of control to prove a point to those illegal immigration sympathizers.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
It would really suck to setup a whistleblower site, go to great pains to protect people who provide information, risk your own well-being to release the information to the public, only to have the public you are trying to inform create baseless speculation that you are a CIA dis-info agent...

It would suck for sure.

But wikileaks hasn't had to go to any great pains to protect anyone, especially some of the named afghan informants.

And risk to your own well being? ... well, suffice to say, if the CIA wanted to do anything to harm your well-being it would have happened long before now. Assange is alive and well, has done LIVE television interviews, even on CNN.... Everyone can get this guy, except the feds who so badly want his capture and arrest, or assassination?

Right...

And then there is the agenda, the edits, the control, the intentional mysteries, and requests for cash donations, and bait for future contributors of "secrets" to wikileaks. Who will likely have bad things happen to them as has happened to others, some the public know about, some they never will know of. In this case, you'll be lucky if you are only arrested and eventually get life in prison.

At the end of the day, everyone is free to speculate, have doubts and believe whatever they want to believe, or question everything if possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is interesting op! S&F as usual.
I am also of the opinion that this is just a warning to the CIA what I got from reading it was that perhaps RED Cell is implying that eventually the fact that the US government has sponsered and created terrorist groups for years now.With the birth of the net they are worried about what we ourselves will find out.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
this doesn't look like a leak to me. it looks more like our government is telling us that we should close our borders, in this form both we and the sheeple can agree to it.

maybe they let the arizona situation spiral out of control to prove a point to those illegal immigration sympathizers.

The government isn't telling you anything. This is a document leaked by Wikileaks... Consider yourself a fly on the wall; CIA Red Cell is provoking this discussion not for you, but for internal minds of the CIA.

You only think the government is telling you this because it is in front of your eyes. This document was meant for classified eyes only.

Instead of devoting pages of baseless speculation on the legitimacy of Wikileaks... which is really nothing and pure speculation... Why not spend a little time engaging in the privileged classified discussion that CIA Red Cell has provoked for CIA eyes only.

I personally think it's an argument that speaks to different ideologies. Our access to the internet is access to the world... this access creates an ability for someone to engage in dialogue with another person in another country that would otherwise be very difficult. This allows for U.S. citizens to find terrorist organizations from around the world and align themselves if they so wish. This is arguably a vulnerability for U.S. National Security. Also, U.S. based financial institutions that have their businesses directly or indirectly involved in terrorist organizations... This is about the reality of U.S. exporting terrorism and what would happen if the international community began to collectively view the U.S. as an exporter of terrorism. It could destroy our credibility. So the question is... what do we do? How do we address it? Or do we? Do we lock down the internet? Do we increase domestic spying? Or do we take the 'free market' approach and say... just let everyone have their freedoms and the actions of the people will decide the fate of the country.

What I find disturbing is how this could be used as more reason to limit our freedoms, censor the internet, and ultimately take away more civil liberties... Always in the name of national security.

All the while our government and media tries to convince us in our locked-down, fearful country that terrorism is not winning.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Basically, wikileaks just posted an article saying that the CIA is on top of their game against terrorist foreign and domestic. Go CIA! Keep doing your job. I am sorry you have these people releasing your documents, even if it is more of an inconvenience than anything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join