It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the police haters

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by dizzie56

For the most part, cops are pretty decent people that are just doing their jobs. Yeah, there are bad apples out there. Just like the kkk gives white people a bad name...

The "bad apple" excuse doesn't hold water when police who commit violent felonies are cleared of any wrong doing by their organization. An organization that supports criminal activity is inherently criminal in and of itself.

You brought up the KKK and gangs as an example. It is difficult to not view the KKK and gangs as criminal organizations when they support their members when they commit crimes. Is it not?

I think you didnt understand what I was saying about the kkk and gangs. I said that just because the kkk exists doesnt mean you can label all white people as racists or bad people or whatever. And yes, the bad apple excuse does hold water. You dont know probably half of what went on when somebody gets shot at by a cop and the cop kills that person, do you? Im willing to bet not.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I think you didnt understand what I was saying about the kkk and gangs. I said that just because the kkk exists doesnt mean you can label all white people as racists or bad people or whatever.

I know. I wasn't refuting your point on the KKK and gangs. I was just making the point that you can judge the criminality of an organization based on their response to particular members behavior.

And yes, the bad apple excuse does hold water. You dont know probably half of what went on when somebody gets shot at by a cop and the cop kills that person, do you? Im willing to bet not.

I have never witnessed a shooting by anyone and have made no claim to know anything about such events. However when their is video documentation of a crime in which their can be no legal justification for and yet those individuals that have committed violent felonies are protected, defended, and supported by an organization then that organization becomes criminal in and of itself and loses the ability to claim "bad apples".

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Cops getting laid off only means that any little infraction that we commit like speeding, parking violations, running red lights or stop signs, they (cops) will be on top of that to bring more money in so they don't have to let more cops go. Now we have to be more careful than ever.

I had a cousin who was a cop in NY and he told that he had certain amount of tickets to write in a week ( the more the better ), if he didn't do it they would give him a really hard time when requesting days off or vacation.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Damn near every video that is scene about cops doing something to citizens are snippets of what actually happened. 5 minute clips of police brutality followed by somebody's commentary saying "They didnt do anything." I always notice that its always, they didnt do anthing. Always.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Here is a recent example:
Denver police beat man on cell phone

There is no legal justification. The police officer in question committed a violent felony. The police officer video taping the event is complicit in the cover up of a violent felony.

And the official stance of the department as stated by the "safety manager" negates the "bad apple" excuse.

Safety Manager Ron Perea, who oversees the police department and has final say on discipline, has rejected Rosenthal's argument that the officers should be fired. He suspended Murr without pay for three days for submitting an "inaccurate report." Sparks also lost three days pay.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

So because there are a-holes in power then every cop is one as well?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by Jezus

This would make more "higher caliber" people want to be police officers.

It would also make a lot more lower caliber people want to be police officers.

Ya...but it wouldn't be the "sign up" force it is now.

You actually have to be chosen.

If we payed police more it would be more competitive.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So because there are a-holes in power then every cop is one as well?

I am not making that statement. However you responded to individuals that expressed anger over corruption and unlawful activity by "law enforcement" as the actions of a few "bad apples". I think people understand that in all professions their are always going to be a few bad apples. However when these "bad apples" are supported by their employers then you shouldn't be surprised when communities grow angry and tiresome of their criminal police departments.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56
Laws are created by our communities. If you dont like the fact that cops enforce the laws, get them changed. Im the buffoon when you dont even understand how our government works. Its actually quite simple to tell you the truth.

My God... This took my breath away (like it does every time I read it) I studied law for 8 years, I've been practicing it for another 3. And I haven't seen ONE SINGLE LAW created by "our communities". Wake up call for you, laws are made in private, behind closed doors by powerful greedy men. We are then TOLD that these laws are for our own good. Get a clue.

I am just gonna add this as well. Government cannot create LAW. They have only helped design a LEGAL SYSTEM. Law is that which is universal, there is only one LAW paraphrased it goes "Do unto to others as you have them do unto you." heard that before? I wouldn't be surprised if you have, I was taught in on the playground by my mom when I was 3 the first time I pushed another kid off the swing.

In my first year of law school we were taught the definitions in our LEGAL DICTIONARY are NOT the same as that in our ENGLISH DICTIONARIES. There is a VERY good reason they call them "Acts, Statues, Bills" on paper. They fool you into believing they are laws. When in fact they are CORPORATE RULES. Are you a member of the corporation? Hmmm?

Police do NOT enforce laws. Police enforce the rules of the company!
Peace Officers enforce the law.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by v3_exceed

If you would have noticed I was responding to another post, I was not supporting tazing rather but saying cops understand what its like to be tazed. I'm not saying tazing someone with health concerns is ok. Try not to take things out of context it helps.

Actually it was entirely within context. You stated that police are tazard as part of their training, and I was pointing out the fallacy of your comparison to the average person. Try paying attention, it helps.

There is no way anyone is going to change your opinion, so I'm not even going to try. When you, your spouse or your kid is brutalized by the police, you will adjust your opinion.

It seems that the badge kissers have the impression that the "police haters" woke up one day with a chip on their shoulder and decided to hate cops. No body actually hates the cops, they hate the corruption that is prevalent in so many police stations in every city, in every country. To deny that these corrupt police exist is simply being childish.

..Ex

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

This would make more "higher caliber" people want to be police officers.

It would also make a lot more lower caliber people want to be police officers.

Ya...but it wouldn't be the "sign up" force it is now.
You actually have to be chosen.
If we payed police more it would be more competitive.

As an employer for many years, I can absolutely attest that the above is a COMPLETE fallacy. No person will ever work harder for more money. No person will ever be more diligent, conscientious, caring or attentive to their job for more money. If they were, then they should not have had that job in the first place and here is why.

We all live what we earn. If we make 20$ per hour, we buy a house ,car and other goods that fall within that earning bracket. When we make 25$ or 30$ per hour, we get better cars, bigger house...more toys..but we still live within that bracket. When a person gets a raise, they might for a week or two apply themselves a little better, but within a month or so, they are the same person that they were before the raise.

A job, any job should pay a person a reasonable wage, allowing them to live and grow with their family. If that persons sole reason for taking a job, or choosing a career is money they simply aren't the best person for the job.

If you want to get the very best people for the police services, change the recruiting process. Stop taking the school bullies, raise the IQ requirements of the recruits, increase the supervision and transparency of the discipline process and stop rewarding corruption. Sounds simple, but it wont happen.

..Ex

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Don't expect to get off with speeding tickets though.

Gatta keep the money coming in.

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The worst thing the news and media can do is report these lay offs. The main deterence is just the mere existence of a police force for that said area. If news outlets report these layoffs, its going to ENCOURAGE crime, in which criminals are very well informed that the police force is understaffed and going to be slow to respond.

However, as long as SOME kind of police force is present, I am happy. I would prefer a smaller force so that more money could go to more effective productive public services such as firemen or education. Revenue collecting agents or "police" are not on my priority list as far as my taxes are concerned.

If police layoffs concern you, arm up. Go get your CCW. most states have CCW laws. Just as others have said, police dont protect you or your property. They enforce ordinances and codes.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join