It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
The lack of understanding on this topic makes me so frustrated. Some of you cop haters have some really pathetic reasoning.
Lets straighten some things out....
1) Criminals are cowards. When most of them see police officers, they run and scatter like roaches. This means an increase in police and security actually DOES reduce crime, even when the police are just standing around.
LAWL. Cops are criminals too. Do you know what else reduces crime? Education and a decent standard of living. Do you think most 'criminals' _want_ to be criminals?
2) One of the main points of police officers is not to stop crime, but to bring criminals to justice after they commit crimes. There is nothing worse than a criminal going unpunished for their crimes.
And yet, we all support our government, use the banks, and buy the goods and services offered by criminals. lawl^2
3) Just because YOU can defend yourself, doesn't mean children and elderly, and everybody can. Most of the things criminals threaten your life for (like 20$ in your pocket) are not worth fighting for, but good thing there are police officers who would fight for you and your 20$, and put their own life on the line for something so small.
That trait is not exclusive to peace officers. And certainly is not a trait inherent to those whom would refer to themselves as Police, or Policy. They'd joyride with the bankers to remove you from your house and toss you on the street too.
4) Stolen property recovery happens all the time. This is the reason cops investigate crimes after they happen, so they can get clues as to who did it, find the criminal, and return any stolen property to the rightful owner.
No, no it is a rarity. You expect a cop to chase down your ipod? I know they don't expect to. Clues? To what? This isn't television man. Your laptop was sold in a minute.
5) To think a world without police would be any better than the world we live in now is a complete and utter JOKE, and a DREAM, a FANTASY. A world without laws and police to enforce them would be CHAOS.
Education, and an increased standard of living, and you wouldn't have Somali Pirates trying to ransom rich white people because we won't stop stealing their fish and polluting their waters. It's the same across the board, exchange Somali pirates for people stuck in the ghettos, slinging crack and protecting their profits with a gun. Who imported the coc aine in the first place? Couldn't have been the CIA, could it?
6) Most cops are rude and disrespectful because they deal with scumbag criminals all day, and they have to deal with YOU HATERS every day even when they truely are trying to serve and protect you.
Serve me with summons, and protect me from my bong.. sure. Who is going to protect me from the police?
7) The police protect you every day and you don't even realize it. Every murder, rapist, burgler they have put in jail could have potentionaly ruined your life if they hadn't been caught by police.
As I've stated before, I'd put my life on the line to protect humanity. I don't need a badge, either. I didn't ask anyone to protect me, nor did I ask for anyone's governance. I'd ask them to leave me alone, really.
Be thankful for the police you damned haters.
I'd be thankful for some police reform.
For the most part, cops are pretty decent people that are just doing their jobs. Yeah, there are bad apples out there. Just like the kkk gives white people a bad name...
Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by centurion1211
Actually training to be a psychologist and, in Canada All cops with tazers MUST be tazed so they can use it.
I'm not a wanna be cop at all I just support them and know they personally My best friend who's family is my second family is in the law enforcement field her sister and brother in law are cops, and guess what they are nice law abiding citizens ...