It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the police haters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
The lack of understanding on this topic makes me so frustrated. Some of you cop haters have some really pathetic reasoning.

Lets straighten some things out....

1) Criminals are cowards. When most of them see police officers, they run and scatter like roaches. This means an increase in police and security actually DOES reduce crime, even when the police are just standing around.

LAWL. Cops are criminals too. Do you know what else reduces crime? Education and a decent standard of living. Do you think most 'criminals' _want_ to be criminals?

2) One of the main points of police officers is not to stop crime, but to bring criminals to justice after they commit crimes. There is nothing worse than a criminal going unpunished for their crimes.

And yet, we all support our government, use the banks, and buy the goods and services offered by criminals. lawl^2

3) Just because YOU can defend yourself, doesn't mean children and elderly, and everybody can. Most of the things criminals threaten your life for (like 20$ in your pocket) are not worth fighting for, but good thing there are police officers who would fight for you and your 20$, and put their own life on the line for something so small.

That trait is not exclusive to peace officers. And certainly is not a trait inherent to those whom would refer to themselves as Police, or Policy. They'd joyride with the bankers to remove you from your house and toss you on the street too.

4) Stolen property recovery happens all the time. This is the reason cops investigate crimes after they happen, so they can get clues as to who did it, find the criminal, and return any stolen property to the rightful owner.

No, no it is a rarity. You expect a cop to chase down your ipod? I know they don't expect to. Clues? To what? This isn't television man. Your laptop was sold in a minute.

5) To think a world without police would be any better than the world we live in now is a complete and utter JOKE, and a DREAM, a FANTASY. A world without laws and police to enforce them would be CHAOS.

Education, and an increased standard of living, and you wouldn't have Somali Pirates trying to ransom rich white people because we won't stop stealing their fish and polluting their waters. It's the same across the board, exchange Somali pirates for people stuck in the ghettos, slinging crack and protecting their profits with a gun. Who imported the coc aine in the first place? Couldn't have been the CIA, could it?

6) Most cops are rude and disrespectful because they deal with scumbag criminals all day, and they have to deal with YOU HATERS every day even when they truely are trying to serve and protect you.

Serve me with summons, and protect me from my bong.. sure. Who is going to protect me from the police?

7) The police protect you every day and you don't even realize it. Every murder, rapist, burgler they have put in jail could have potentionaly ruined your life if they hadn't been caught by police.

As I've stated before, I'd put my life on the line to protect humanity. I don't need a badge, either. I didn't ask anyone to protect me, nor did I ask for anyone's governance. I'd ask them to leave me alone, really.

Be thankful for the police you damned haters.

I'd be thankful for some police reform.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The vast majority of cops are the lowest rung of human beings. Immature, irresponsible, dim witted bullies which got a job where they can boss people around and retire with an insane pension. The decent ones are few and far between.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The police in england have spent 18 years destroying my life, putting my life in danger with there crimes against me.

Disgraceful human scum that walk around in uniform organising murder, thats what i think of the police.

Just think everyday in london uk, police have spent 18 years trying to organise to destroy my life. While i have never committed a crime they desperately spend all this time violating my freedoms so they can feel great about murdering innocent people, and putting them at jeopardy.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Do they make people applying to be police take some sort of psychological exam?

If not, they should.

They make prospective med students pass exams to make sure they are ethical, logical people... maybe they should do the same with police. After all, if the cops screw up or don't respond, the hospital is often the next stop for the victim...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It's really quite astonishing how different the perception of cops seems to be among people from different Western countries. In Australia, the cops are not exactly "loved" but there does not seem to be near the amount of disdain felt for them as from other countries like Britain and the USA. They are generally respected by the majority of the population and most people don't seem to hate and dispise them so to speak.

There have been revelations of corruption and mediocrity over the years involving a small segment of officers. But by and large I personally have only had positive experiences with cops in my life so far. The majority of them seem like any other normal person and do not seem to be power-hungry or control-freaks. I don't think I have personally witnessed anybody being mistreated by a cop either.

I know I don't speak for all Australians, but I just find it so hard to relate to the many bad things people from countries such as Britain and the USA have to say about their law enforcement officers. Maybe this is one of the areas in which our countries differ quite considerably.

[edit on 26/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I couldn't agree with you more. I am also Australian. I am fortunate in that I have never had to deal with police personally. I will say though that I have gone to some fairly dodgy areas in Sydney and felt safe when I noticed a police presence. Australia doesn't hide it's dodgy history either, a season or two of one of the top rating shows we had was all about crooked cops (Underbelly).

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just like the once proud military, the police are now lapdogs for the elites. Forget justice or help from any of them when 2012 arrives, they will all become bodyguards to the rich. All pillars of society work for evil in these final days...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
it seems pretty much every other person has had a run in with the "few" dirty cops.

It's not just America it's every where. they are like rats.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

At least in the USA's case, it depends on where you're from, because things are very different in different areas. I live in a smaller area and there's not nearly as much cop hate here, nor corruption and all that horrible evil stuff that they're defining all cops with.

I feel for the cops in those bad areas, and it should be no surprise that they'd turn into bastards after being treated the way they do. They're only human.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I would fit in to the category of who your aiming this thread for.

I have been reading up on Ian Tomlinsons accused criminal circus/debarkle in the last month or so and I harbour alot of negative views against them,

also I have been recently reading about Sergeant smellie how was cleared of whipping and punching an innocent women whilst at Ian Tomilinsons vigil news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

So this guy is a total waste of time as well huh?

www.youtube.com...

sorry don't know how to embed

no wonder why cops have an attitude sometimes.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
same with this guy

www.youtube.com...

total douche

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I often post about my personal views on police officers, usually I have nothing good to say about them. That being said I want to point out that some cops are phenominal, the police of North Lebanon Township the residing department in my area are for the most part exceptional police officers and very community oriented, I couldnt imagine if they were cut out and laid off especially because I have known some of them since I was a child. I couldnt imagine my community allowing that to happen. As a matter of fact this morning there was a bank robbery in the small town of Lebanon, Pa and they responded in minutes had an efficient cordone and was already working the scene and investigation in an instant. However the department is small, as I previously stated most of the police there are extremely locked on and it is incredible to watch a small team of motivated men and woman work because they accomplish great things. Maybe that is what needs to happen though on the flip side, perhaps they trim the fat and the ones who do care will always be there for their communities. I hope the best for everyone in economic troubles in our society today. Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
THE COPS RULE WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

exactly right- the police are being militarized and the psy-ops is on.
the crowd control munitions passed out..the masks, the armor, the attitude.
manipulating the media..black -ops cops..back of a hand.?--.
if they thought they could get away with it , what do you think they would do?
taser tortures, batons, gas, dogs - these are the thugs in a uniform..
not the friendly peace officer from your dim memories
..and it's to be all countries, understanding this yet? as goes the uk-
so goes canada, australia, usa, across the world..fascism is on the rise.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well thats a breath of fresh air, Personaly I dont need them, I have guns, and 4 big dogs thats all I need what are a group of fat middle aged men who are stationed nearly 30 miles away from me going to do to help if I were "attacked" by criminals . Good riddance to bad garbage!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

For the most part, cops are pretty decent people that are just doing their jobs. Yeah, there are bad apples out there. Just like the kkk gives white people a bad name...

The "bad apple" excuse doesn't hold water when police who commit violent felonies are cleared of any wrong doing by their organization. An organization that supports criminal activity is inherently criminal in and of itself.

You brought up the KKK and gangs as an example. It is difficult to not view the KKK and gangs as criminal organizations when they support their members when they commit crimes. Is it not?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

The movie "American Gangster" With Denzel Washington was based on a true story. Over 40% of the police at the time were involved with drugs, extortion and a variety of other crimes. Literally 40%+, how does that happen with only a few bad apples?

Just because you haven't experienced these injustices doesn't mean that others haven't. One doesn't receive this amount of people citing power abuse by cops because they have only met good ones. When a cop watches idly as their partner abuses someone, they are just as guilty as the abuser even if they weren't actively involved.

Personally I treat cops the same way they treat me. That they are likely one of the bad ones until they prove otherwise.

..Ex

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by centurion1211

Actually training to be a psychologist and, in Canada All cops with tazers MUST be tazed so they can use it.

I'm not a wanna be cop at all I just support them and know they personally My best friend who's family is my second family is in the law enforcement field her sister and brother in law are cops, and guess what they are nice law abiding citizens ...

Yes, Cops in Canada are tazed as part of their training. However they are healthy people, close to their primes and only tazed within the confines of their training protocol.

Now lets mention the Dziekanski Tazering in Vancouver. Link
He was not in his prime, and he was tazered far far more than the average training session. When your body receives this short circuit, you are unable to breathe, your entire electrical system is on pause. So when you die of a heart attack directly due to being tazed 5, 6, or more times it IS the fault of the police. (These same police in the Vancouver instance were caught lying several times about their intention to tazer and duration.)

More bad apples?

..Ex

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

If you would have noticed I was responding to another post, I was not supporting tazing rather but saying cops understand what its like to be tazed. I'm not saying tazing someone with health concerns is ok. Try not to take things out of context it helps.

As well, 40% of where that one district, station, state? country? You can't look at one small section and say that its a whole, unless you do random sampling from various locations across the area you are looking to investigate if its one, district then you look at that district if its one city you look at ALL the police departments,and districts in that town.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join