It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the police haters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Where did you get the idea that I was a cop? Im not a cop. I just see that there are more then bad cops in the world. I also see that there are bad cops in the world. Never said I was a cop.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by robbinsj

In Canada that's what they do. Possession is a lesser crime and normally ends in a fine. We aim to now look at the dealers, and suppliers as well as gang violence, and other more major crimes I believe a fellow Canadian posted that we have slowly moved towards the violent crimes and away from petty for the past 20 years.

Makes sence, I visited Canada in June and was amazed by the avg mentality out there. I wish the US was more on this thought process.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think we need to pay cops A LOT more money.

We should have fewer cops but they should be paid at least 100 thousand a year.

This would make more "higher caliber" people want to be police officers.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

This would make more "higher caliber" people want to be police officers.

It would also make a lot more lower caliber people want to be police officers.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
With this many "rotten apples" coming off this "tree", I think it's fair to say that this tree is rotten throughout.

What do we do with trees that bear nothing but rotted fruits?

We cut em down!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thank God its about time they hardly respond to those calls anyway and when they do they got french fry grease all over their hands and donut jelly dribbling down their chin and pass gas like you wouldn't believe. And then wonder why after hes plodded his way slowly from the car to the front door of your house why you don't respect him. I can tell you the physical shape half of them are in where I live is rather disturbing I guess they need all that extra time they they are going to be gaining from not responding to these calls to chase some of the real criminals down, what a joke.

Hell half the time for robbery calls they take a report and say they will get back to you. I could hire a secretary to do that, when I had my DVD collection stolen I had to do all the detective work to get it back, and then they didn't want to give it to me without paying the pawn shop that bought it even though my name was in all the covers. Yeah sorry but I don't cry for the police they are like every other government employee fat, lazy and severely under qualified to do their job but no worries unless they do something really messed up you cant fire them either gotta love the bureaucracy.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oh my god! Stop talking about 'victims'! Learn to look after yourself, you dont need some government appointed lacky telling you what to do and how to be safe! I didn't ask to be born here, but i was and i dont expect to be looked after!

If you are gonna cry about the victims maybe you should grow a bit of a spine, as soon as you take justice into your own hands it's the end of the line for you, so the make you have to rely on the cops to do things you could sort out perfectly fine by yourself!

The worst thing is the law of common sense doesnt exist! If anyone tries to break into my home they'll getta shotgun blast to the face. If they dont like that, or any of you whining babies complain then the solution is simple.

Don't break into someones house!!! Just like if you jump in front of a car your probably gonna die. Jeeeez screw the pigs ill look after myself thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If they only didn't waste valuable resources and time on harassing the public, then maybe they can do their job, which includes responding to property crimes as well as violent crimes. No need to cut out the property crimes investigations, just cut out the harassment instead, seeing how we are paying them and all.

With that being said, I sure wish they would allow me to protect myself, then I would not have a problem if they just went away for good, never to return. However, I'm pretty much forced to put my safety and that of my property, in the hands of the police. Now, it looks like they will just stop serving us in that manner, though rest assured that they won't even slow down on harassing the public.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Exactly! They make us seem dependant on them so when they leave what can we do? If we could look after ourselves properly in the first place then we wouldn't even need the filth

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

The police in Illinois sit at corners and watch for petty traffic violations.

You can be on the Elgin Ohare, have some hugh SUV almost ram you and there's not a cop to be found.

But, in Elk Grove, Schaumburg and Hoffman Estates, they're hiding behind bushes to get you for some petty arse $hit.

Most cops have no choice but to issue tickets to pull in money for the cities and villages they work for.

Fighting real crime.

I'm wondering with the "budget cuts" if they're not planned in order to eventually have an excuse to bring in "military control".

Just an idea.

Nothing happens by chance.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

Originally posted by centurion1211

I honestly cant believe some of the crap i'm hearing. For the most part, cops are pretty decent people that are just doing their jobs. Yeah, there are bad apples out there.

What you are others are failing to grasp is that a bad cop is not just a "bad apple". They have a huge amount of power to mess up people's lives on just a whim. Then they are also backed up by court systems also in it to make money. A bad cops word in court is "gospel". No one can successfully challenge what they say. See where this is headed yet?

Hardly a "no big deal" issue ...

So ill ask you as well. Do you have a problem with the policies that they must enforce that are voted in to law by the people or do you have a problem with who enforces them? If there were no cops, then how would the laws be enforced?

I have a problem with both. By and large, cops are jerks. Period. The way i look at is this: it doesn't matter what the policy is, whether the policy is good or bad, a cop's rationale is: "but it's against the law." True. But that doesn't mean he has to be a sphincter about it. If chewing gum were against the law, or any other petty action that does nothing harmful but is simply "illegal," a cop will say "but it's the law." $$ for the system, messing up lives, etc. One could argue, "but those people shouldn't be breaking the law," in which case the response is two fold: "WHY is it a law, and WHY does the ego-tripping cop have to enforce it anyway?" if it isn't hurting anyone ("but you're harming yourself, sir") then wtf?

Also, some laws should not exist (my opinion, yes), which means that some laws should not be enforced. That's opening something awful, because it can be argued and applied to so many things and so many people have opinions on what should or should not be a law, which is not the point of this post, and which could easily turn into another debate in itself. Point is, some laws seem to exist for no purpose other to criminalize a behavior, a behavior that doesn't appear to harm anyone but only serves to make $$ for the gov't because some people might find it offensive or against their beliefs, in which case they lobby--or vote--to take away the rights of other citizens (prohibition of sunday alcohol sales due in large part to disapproving christians).

Back to the cops rationale: the bottom line: "it's the law."

I will never call on a cop for any help. I have tried it, and i was made to feel like the victim. I have met a couple of decent cops, actually, but all of the rest have been militaristic, hypocritical douches.

Of course, my main reason for intensely disliking cops is because most are hypocrites, not to mention backside orifices. Where i live, I've paced cops going 30+ mph over the speed limit IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA. I presume not responding to a call, because she stopped at the stop sign, had her window down, arm hanging out thumping to a beat... Other cops going 30 mph over the limit (again i paced them), to where? To sit in the median to pull over people for speeding!!!

Granted, these same (county) cops will actually generally allow vehicles to travel up to 15 mph over the limit a good deal of time but that doesn't exempt them from the same law of excessive speed to which they should also be bound. If we were going 30+, they pull us over in a heartbeat.

Screw cops. Until someone puts them in their places, or until THEY learn to abide by the law, not abuse their power, learn toa respect citizens instead of suspiciously and condescendingly looking at them as the "enemy," well...they get NO sympathy from me. I think that says enough.

Cop: "Know why i pulled you over?"
Driver: Yeah, 'cause you're an A*****E."

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. It seems the consensus is cops are bad.
Fair answer.
The solution offered by almost all of the responders. Get armed, take care of your own.

How is this fixing the problem?

Despite what you read in these forums the real world does not operate that way. Even discounting the "internet warrior" there is a distinct lack of deeper understanding happening here.

Since you do not believe the Police Officers are capable of performing their duties, fix it. Join en masse, root out the bad apples.

But no, no that won't happen 'cause y'all got yer 30-06s and can
"Damn well take cur (deliberate misspell) of yer own."
A society can only function if the majority work at it.....together.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Congrats, you no longer have to worry about them coming by and bothering you, even if you are in need.

... The city laid off 80 officers from its force of 687 last month and the department can't respond to burglary, vandalism, and identity theft. "It's amazing. It's a big change for us."

I can't say I'm a police hater or lover. Some are ok to deal with, some are best to avoid.

Layoff's happen to everyone. The economy is failing. You are talking about a < 12% reduction in staff. I think that works out to an extra hour for the remaining 607 officers. Assuming 8 hr shifts and no vacant positions are terminated.

Now, if they get rid of the bad apples or questionable officers first. That means even less extra work for the remaining officers because the 80 that were laid off didn't do anything in the first place.

The exact ratio is unknown. Well, it should be easy to weed out the top bad 10%...

This might also encourage other police offers to stay on the straight and narrow path of justice.

If the remaining 607 officers can't respond to burglary, vandalism and identity theft(?) because of the 'extra' workload placed on them it is probably more of a UNION negotiations then a public safety matter.

Just my thought.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Over the years I have met and talked to as well as went to school many many cops.

I drove cops kids around. I carry a sherrifs cards and two other cops cards with (goojf) personal information in my wallet. I lift at a cop gym and know at least a few officers on a personal basis. Out of the fifty or so police Ive had interactions with I'd consider 3 to be nice guys. One I knew personally and the other two were traffic stops. The common thread in most of them is an anger management problem which they tend to take out on others. They are often tempermental and most are of below average intelligence and on power trips. Most have fatal character flaws for the sensitive type of work they do.

One douchebag at my gym has belts and teaches martial arts. When I took one of his clients away he'd always makevsnide comments to dude like "that weight lifting wont stop you from getrin your ass kicked". He'd never adress me though and this is the same coward that was under investigation for beating a 13 year old honor student in the back of the head with a baton as the kid ran from him. COWARD!! That's what I'm used to seeing. It doesn't change they attract semi dumb followers same as the military. People without the courage to make it on their own.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashes of the wake

I have been harassed by LEOs in OH, MI, Pa, NJ, and NY. In NY I thought I was going to get really hurt twice- I've never committed or been convicted of a felony.

My brother who has a chronic disease did not take his prescribed narcotics due to their health effects, but he sure did have an easy time selling his meds to the local police (city county and state). He had to be careful though b/c if he didn't have what someone wanted on demand he was threatened- Luckily he had some friends to helpw/these situations.

I wish I could name the city and year, but the info is privileged and easily traceable. In one major city in Ga 50% of lone males pulled over after 11pm do not survive the stop! That's not a one bad apple issue- unless only 1 guy works the night shift. These stats will never be in the local papers.

In NJ at the cop bar where I used to be a regular they occasionally handed out cards that we were supposed to flash and give up if ever pulled over-I did use one once to get out of a speeding ticket.

I think any LEOs that start out well (conscientious, professional, honest) end up having to conform to thug culture or lose their life or livelihood. Some find other careers at that point, but probably most just give up and join in.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by sjorges2002]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ahh how wonderful.

Now the pigs can concentrate on their favorite sport= Busting into people's homes at 3:AM, with overwhelming numbers, firearms, and the element of surprise, in order to shoot anything that moves or scares them, all for the incredible bounty of 1 Marijuana cigarette!

When times get economically tough, our fearless tough guys with badges and guns prioritize!

[edit on 25-8-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Hey your right you said "I'm sure if the cops were to disappear we'd all notice"
yes thats true. I see people (gang members as well) saying "F*CK THE POLICE"
Then when they need them it's "Officer please help me"

However i know about 5 cops 1 FBI agent 1 US State Marshal and a few others. It is true there are some good guys out there but there are allot of scum cops here in Connecticut.

Not all of the scum are breaking the law or misusing there power (other then like speeding) but when i say scum they are taking the drugs and money from criminals letting them go.

Turning in or "flushing" the drugs but keeping the money as well as having sex with hookers (wile married) and (as you can read in the paper) 15 year old boys. (male hooker)

I can see your point but i cant see why the post is a big deal to most. I have been robbed my car broking into a few times and the cops did nothing.

To much paperwork they would say "look you know we wont find the guy and the report is just gonna be filed away". There have been a few times that i called some "friends" to find out who it was and found out within a few days.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by dizzie56

The police in Illinois sit at corners and watch for petty traffic violations.

We get around this problem in the UK by having a camera at every corner that automatically reads your number plate sends it to a computer which then prints a ticket out for you and mails it to your house
They even send you a pretty black and white picture of you commuting the violation

I got fined £120 a few months ago because I had two wheels over the line of a bus lane which had recently changed it's times of operation without me realizing.

I'd rather take my chance with an actual person

[edit on 25-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The lack of understanding on this topic makes me so frustrated. Some of you cop haters have some really pathetic reasoning.

Lets straighten some things out....

1) Criminals are cowards. When most of them see police officers, they run and scatter like roaches. This means an increase in police and security actually DOES reduce crime, even when the police are just standing around.

2) One of the main points of police officers is not to stop crime, but to bring criminals to justice after they commit crimes. There is nothing worse than a criminal going unpunished for their crimes.

3) Just because YOU can defend yourself, doesn't mean children and elderly, and everybody can. Most of the things criminals threaten your life for (like 20$ in your pocket) are not worth fighting for, but good thing there are police officers who would fight for you and your 20$, and put their own life on the line for something so small.

4) Stolen property recovery happens all the time. This is the reason cops investigate crimes after they happen, so they can get clues as to who did it, find the criminal, and return any stolen property to the rightful owner.

5) To think a world without police would be any better than the world we live in now is a complete and utter JOKE, and a DREAM, a FANTASY. A world without laws and police to enforce them would be CHAOS.

6) Most cops are rude and disrespectful because they deal with scumbag criminals all day, and they have to deal with YOU HATERS every day even when they truely are trying to serve and protect you.

7) The police protect you every day and you don't even realize it. Every murder, rapist, burgler they have put in jail could have potentionaly ruined your life if they hadn't been caught by police.

Be thankful for the police you damned haters.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by eNumbra

I'm talking about police in general get yelled at. One story I heard was some guy was trying to get out of a ticket and called the police woman I know a dirty government wh*re, and then spit on guess what they can't do anything about it.

And Yes they do keep your neighborhood safe. Next time some serial killer is around your town you can arrest the guy and find out who they are. Good luck...

Uhm, spitting on an officer is assault.

And, how many serial killers are on the loose right now? I'm just curious. I would honestly like to protect my community from assh*les and murderers.. and I am actually quite peeved that we are left at the mercy of a criminal consortium of reject jocks. Why can't you protect yourself? I would gladly hunt a rapist down and bring him to justice. De Jure law must be upheld, and the fact that we are left with De Facto Criminals, it;s just all the more frustrating, considering these same people who are here to 'protect' us, will be banging down your door, or yanking you out of your car if you catch them on the wrong night, or time. You don't have to look very far to see the effects of police brutality. MORE PEOPLE ARE CONCERNED WITH TERRORISM ABROAD, THAN POLICE BRUTALITY which is on your front door step. You know a few cops, I'm sure they are great people - however, I'm sure there were a few nice Nazis too.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join