It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the police haters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Actually I can read thank you very much, I was responding to other comments, not just to you. Sorry if I got a comment or to mixed up, and didn't hit respond to ____ then another respond too _____

Show me stats the majority are bad... Do you have them? show me that the majority of Canadian OR American OR both are mostly bad. Oh and they have to be reputable not based off some pissed off people in a poll. Can you show me the evidence?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

the key words are "in your mind you feel safer when they are around"
the "sense" of security you "feel" is in your mind
and has little to do with what is really going on then.
a construct to cope with your situation..and that settles it for you.
i can only recommend that when your security is in your hands -
then you are genuinely more secure.
simplest thing is get a medium size dog with some spunk.
be situationally aware when you venture out. you're half way there.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I can keep myself safe, thank you very much.

The worst places for crime are the places where the police force has castrated the ability for the population to defend itself. Where they penalize you for defending yourself, like attacking a burglar, then getting arrested for it.

Those are the worst areas for crime, because common sense dictates that police do not stop crime, and actually support it with their incompetent shenanigans.

So what, cops won't respond to burglaries now, but they'll still harass people on the highway?! Oh no, the horror. You mean to tell me, that nothing is going to change?! You liars!

Have you ever been to Detroit? How about the hood in your own city? Ive done my share of dirt and seen much more and what would you do about the local drug dealer? Are you a one man army type? You think that you can take down that local gang peallin cats on the corner? Trust me, you cant.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

Originally posted by centurion1211

I honestly cant believe some of the crap i'm hearing. For the most part, cops are pretty decent people that are just doing their jobs. Yeah, there are bad apples out there.

What you are others are failing to grasp is that a bad cop is not just a "bad apple". They have a huge amount of power to mess up people's lives on just a whim. Then they are also backed up by court systems also in it to make money. A bad cops word in court is "gospel". No one can successfully challenge what they say. See where this is headed yet?

Hardly a "no big deal" issue ...

So ill ask you as well. Do you have a problem with the policies that they must enforce that are voted in to law by the people or do you have a problem with who enforces them? If there were no cops, then how would the laws be enforced?

First, the laws police enforce are hardly and rarely voted on by the people as you wrongly assume. They are passed by federal, state, county and city governing bodies. The people have nothing to say about it except at election time - and then no one remembers the individual laws that were passed.

That clarified for you, my issue would be more with the "who", when enforcing is done by cops on power trips that love to "over enforce" whether it is to meet quotas, or satisfy an arrogant ego, or both.

Seems like you might be having trouble taking a step back for a more objective look at this issue. Try putting more thought into this than just assuming everything is fine because you know a couple of cops. Or maybe you're just on a shared (by association) power trip with the cops you know? That's a cop groupie, BTW ...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
Sure why not... But how about every time they shoot a perp attacking they they get shot too. Lets make that for everyone who shoots some one in self defense. They have to get shot too. Better still lets live in complete anarchy, no cops, no laws no justice.

It works in a way you would least likely think.

More Laws=More Crime
not
More Crime=More Laws

Crazy dichotomies...
gotta love truth.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Really so that rapist that was on my campus, I could handle him? riiight I'll do that and tell you how that works out.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

As usual, it's all about Money and thats moreso what this article is about.

Fraud , Burglary, Identity Theft...these are all non violent crimes.

And unfortunately....once the crime has been committed there really isn't much anyone can do about this after the fact anyway.
Other than fill out a police report stating that it occured.

Which is in essence what this article is reporting.

The Oakland, CA Police in are no longer not going to waste resources on filling out paperwork.

Especially if they can place an LEO on a major throughfare with a Radar/Lidar Gun and generate thousands of dollars in revenue in a shift.

Serial Killers ? Police are the ones who eventually nab these perps.

The sad truth is that Serial Killers Wouldn't exist If they were caught by LEO, and taken off the streets before given the opportunity to kill serially !

Maybe this will set an example for other PO around the country.

Less emphasis on non violent crimes but more emphasis on the crimes of a more violent nature, which is the way in which it was originally intended to be.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Show me stats the majority are bad... Do you have them? show me that the majority of Canadian OR American OR both are mostly bad. Oh and they have to be reputable not based off some pissed off people in a poll. Can you show me the evidence?

I showed you the stats for less than 50% arrest rates for serious crimes. By definition, that means cops aren't doing their jobs - either preventing crime as you think they do, or solving crime as most others understand their role to be.

But at the same time, cops are all over the easier, less dangerous crimes such as license expirations even though they are now all decked out with military grade weapons and equipment. Could that be why some people also call them cowards?

link   

What you are others are failing to grasp is that a bad cop is not just a "bad apple". They have a huge amount of power to mess up people's lives on just a whim. Then they are also backed up by court systems also in it to make money. A bad cops word in court is "gospel". No one can successfully challenge what they say.

And there are too many bad cops. I've known too many people that have had run ins with them. Friends mom had an epileptic seizure once when a cop was present - she was thrown in jail. They thought it was drugs. It wasn't.

Another friend was experiencing insulin shock one night, started to stagger, needed sugar instantly, he almost died in the drunk tank until someone recognized the symptoms, and that he had no alcohol in his system at all. Then they went to his home a couple of days later and threatened to make his life miserable if he pressed charges.

My son, opening his friend's truck with the key his friend gave him, cop comes and throws him on his face, and tries to beat him up. Thankfully my son is solid, and built like the Rock, so he just stood there while the cop was almost hysterical over the fact that my son refused to fight him. Another cop had to come over and subdue the first cop.

Couple of friends ambushed and beat up by a large gang of teens. Cops came, threw my friends in jail after continuing the beating that the teens started. The gang of teens ran away. The cops broke my friend's ribs.

I'll stop now. There is just too many more incidents. They all took place in BC.

How can you recognize the good cops?
I have met a few good ones, but more bad ones than good.

The bad cops make you afraid of all cops, and they literally do get away with murder.

link   
reply to post by Xiamara

You can either handle him or wait until he rapes you then call the cops.

When did people stop taking self preservation seriously? The first thing your father should have taught you was how to kick some guys ass if he tries to attack you.

The combination of putting your safety in the hands of some one else and actually believing that someone else would be able at all to perform that task has made you all ripe for slaughter.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by p51mustang

Really so that rapist that was on my campus, I could handle him? riiight I'll do that and tell you how that works out.

Did the police keep his victims safe?

The idea of safety is an illusion; the only time someone is safe is when they are alone, without another living being within a few miles radius.

When one has the ability to protect themselves they can prevent a crime being committed against them, but they can never prevent the attempt to commit a crime and thus safety is an illusion.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

Sure why not... But how about every time they shoot a perp attacking they they get shot too. Lets make that for everyone who shoots some one in self defense. They have to get shot too. Better still lets live in complete anarchy, no cops, no laws no justice.

It works in a way you would least likely think.

More Laws=More Crime
not
More Crime=More Laws

Crazy dichotomies...
gotta love truth.

Bet xiamara has never seen another "dichotomy", the FBI data showing that laws allowing concealed carry equate to less violent crime - since - again - the cops do not protect you from crime.

The "why" behind those stats is simple, criminals are also cowards and don't want to mess with people who might be able to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Next time a cop asks you "Do you know why I stopped you?" Just tell him, "I thought maybe you smelled coffee and donuts in the car."

Cheers - Dave

Always wanted to say that, but these days that'll just get you tazed. I have a hard enough time with unwanted static shocks, I am afraid I'll be one of the dead ones if ever tazed.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

They arrested him so yeah they did. They also beefed up on campus security which did end up catching him. Can you read? Aas I said you can't arrest someone until they commit a crime. Since you police haters bug out when a potential rapist gets arrested. You can't stop crime 100% you can only try and save potential victims.

reply to post by centurion1211

As for your stats, what does that have to do with anything about dirty cops. That's a stat for crimes and various crimes it just means more petty crimes are committed it's like saying, people aren't spending much money because I keep getting 5 dollar bills rather than 100$ bills. Your stats are irrelevant.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Xiamara]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

They arrested him so yeah they did. They also beefed up on campus security which did end up catching him. Can you read? Aas I said you can't arrest someone until they commit a crime. Since you police haters bug out when a potential rapist gets arrested. You can't stop crime 100% you can only try and save potential victims.

And you just don't get it.

they put their butts on the line to keep your neighborhood safe.

How was the campus safe when a rapist was running around raping people? How is it safer now? When the police can't do anything (as you readily admit) until after a crime is committed.

Police don't keep anyone safe. "Safe" is an illusion.

You even say potential victims; a potential victim is not a victim, just as a potential criminal is not a criminal.

[edit on 8/25/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by dizzie56

have you ever been a cop, fed, or in the military??? by military I mean the usmc or us army -- the real military..

No. So what?

you are just a buffoon, buttspoon, etc..!!!

Maybe now we are getting a response form an actual cop? If so, you're doing a good job of making the bad cop case in this thread.

how many ride alongs have you done??

1 eight hour shift, actually.

ever been arrested

No.

ever had a cop prevent a crime form happening to you, ever saved your life??

No and No.

mmmmmm... koolaid good, mmmmmmm what is your fave flave? grape?

You're the one obviously drinking it. How about you tell us?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

First, the laws police enforce are hardly and rarely voted on by the people as you wrongly assume. They are passed by federal, state, county and city governing bodies. The people have nothing to say about it except at election time - and then no one remembers the individual laws that were passed.

That clarified for you, my issue would be more with the "who", when enforcing is done by cops on power trips that love to "over enforce" whether it is to meet quotas, or satisfy an arrogant ego, or both.

Seems like you might be having trouble taking a step back for a more objective look at this issue. Try putting more thought into this than just assuming everything is fine because you know a couple of cops. Or maybe you're just on a shared (by association) power trip with the cops you know? That's a cop groupie, BTW ...

So im a cop groupie because I disagree with you?

As far as the laws, people still have a voice. They can still voice their opinions on them and who passed what and why it should be repealed. And yes, a majority of the laws do get passed by the people that we put into government positions, but there are still laws that get passed by us every november or so.

As far as cops on power trips, they do need to go. But, saying that every cop is on a power trip is just completely ignorant. Thats like me whinning about everybody on ATS being douches because I ran into a person, such as yourself, that wanted to insinuate that I was a "cop groupie" like a child instead of just debating the issues like a grown up.

Ive had bad run in with cops. Ive had good ones. Example of a bad one. Got pulled over for speeding. When I asked the state trooper who was on a bridge, on his bike in the rain the day before thanksgiving "What about the guy that passed me doing at least 90" he promptly wrote me a ticket for my seat belt.

Good experience: Me and my buddy didnt know cops were right behind us in unmarked cars when we were on our bikes. Like turns green and I hit 60 within a blink of an eye. Get pulled over and we just end up shootin the #e for a min because they want to make sure, as he put it, he "doesnt want to have to rinse me off the road when something goes bad with my bike." I could have easily had my license suspended, bike taken away, been arrested and paid a hefty fine due to me being young and dumb. But I didnt because they rather talk me into not being so stupid then do all that to me. And it worked. Guarantee you that if I did it again I wouldnt be so lucky. Those cops werent on power trips, at least to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I happen to know quite a few cops in mutiple towns around where i live and the large majority of them are hippocrites. Not only do they break motor vehicle laws and drink and drive constantly, but i even know some that take illegal drugs from arrests and even the evidence room. I am not just talking about regular officers either, i am talking about seargents and cheifs of police.

Ill give you one good example. Recently an officer was coming home late and lost control of his vehicle and died. It was on the news and they talked about how he was such a good person and a hero. They even held benefits for him. I knew cops who not only knew him but were on the scene and the real reason he died was because he choked to death. He was well known for drunk driving and did this several times and survived. This time he was chewing dip and was knocked out, so he choked to death.

This is one of the reasons people dont respect cops. They are some of the biggest hippocrites around. Not to mention that anytime i get pulled over by a cop i dont know, they give this attitude that your a criminal and are rude. That is until they realize that i know a cop that they know, then i get off the ticket and their attitude completely changes. Cops are just like a gang. If you are a cop or are close to someone who is, you can get away with a real lot. Just like my example above, they will even cover up for you if your close enough to them.

Are all cops bad. No. Are most cops bad. To some degree i think they are. Power of that caliber corrupts people, i dont care who you are. I have to say that i respect them for the danger they put themselves in on a daily basis, but that isnt a pass to do whatever you want.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I feel the same way about you understanding what I'm saying. Its safer now that they caught him. Crimes happen police catch the criminals so THAT criminal wont do it again and they keep doing that. Do you think crimes will end if there are no cops?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Congrats, you no longer have to worry about them coming by and bothering you, even if you are in need.

www.usatoday.com...

Budget cuts are forcing police around the country to stop responding to fraud, burglary and theft calls as officers focus limited resources on violent crime.

"If you come home to find your house burglarized and you call, we're not coming," said Oakland Police spokeswoman Holly Joshi. The city laid off 80 officers from its force of 687 last month and the department can't respond to burglary, vandalism, and identity theft. "It's amazing. It's a big change for us."

Good. I've never known anyone who was actually saved by the police.

When a man walks into your store with a shotgun demanding money you don't have the option of waiting for the police to come 30 minutes later and "save" you. What actually happens is 40 minutes to an hour later they show up and you give them a description and any surveillance etc and they right their reports and tell you an investigation is under way.

Maybe they find him maybe they don't.

If you and all your employees were armed you wouldn't have been robbed successfully.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join