It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we know the Bible was created by the Devil?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have heard this argument time and time again.

"The Devil is the Liar who's mission it is is to trick and deceive the followers of Christ. He wants you to test your faith in God and God's word."

"How does one know that the Bible hasn't been manipulated or even created by the Devil?

I think we all can rightly say that this book, The Bible, has massacred and deceived millions of people for thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
it seems to me whomever authored the first commandment fits a possible definition of what an atheist is.

don't believe in any higher being, nothing superior?

"no god but me" = first law/commandment

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

1 must remember SATAN is not @ war with heaven, so why would Satan deceive the book he has no need. His job is part of a seperation process you come with me and you go with him. He needs your will to lead you to him. By deceiving the book he loses the oppurtunity to get you wills. It was minipulated by evil humans though that have submitted their wills to him.

[edit on 8/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

How do we know that God and the devil aren't two aspects of one personality? Dr Jakyll and Mr. Hyde?
Or whenever God has a narcissistic rage He blames it on His alter-ego?
Lots of males do that.
He freaks out disproportionally for some slight, breaks stuff and causes physical harm, and then He creeps backs with flowers and chocolates just before He's truely abandoned.

When men created HIM in their image, they sure knew what pathetic abusers they were at the time...
Oh - and no other gods, or it's an adultery rage.
Yikes!

[edit on 25-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Nah, a silly book cannot kill anyone. Well, it can give papercuts to those whom are not careful.

It's just stupid people who kill each other. And then try to find any excuse they can to justify it.

But I also have thought many times that maybe the Devil did write the Bible. Maybe not though.

Maybe it was just the propagators of it whom hid many specific passages of it that make sense of the riddles found throughout it, who had negative intentions.

I honestly don't have a clear cut belief on that. I like pondering it and thinking it over. But I don't agree with any of my own thoughts. I am still searching for the answers just like anyone else.

Maybe we are all hallucinating. Maybe we are the devil and are just personifying our inner forebodings into this avatar "The Devil"? You know, "The devil did it! Not meeeee!"

We could sit here and ponder this issue all day. There are a million routes to take on this.

So who knows?

Now to really spice up the mix, I'd love to see what aliens have to say about it all. That would really freak us all out, for sure.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ALso he has his own book -THE CODEX GIGEX
which also contains simular scriptures written in the BIBLE.
2ND

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

How do we know that God and the devil aren't two aspects of one personality? Dr Jakyll and Mr. Hyde?
Or whenever God has a narcissistic rage He blames it on His alter-ego?
Lots of males do that.
He freaks out disproportionally for some slight, breaks stuff and causes physical harm, and then He creeps backs with flowers and chocolates just before He's truely abandoned.

Now that's hilarious. I like your ideas.
A true yin/yang type positive/negative situation.

I can't argue against it.

And it does fit well with the whole "we are made in it's image" stuff.
Hilarious I say!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I don't know if the devil had a part in writing the Bible, but we all know that Man did. The Bible was not a great book that was given to us by God or Jesus. It is simply a book of Man's interpretations. Then over the years the books of the Bible were changed and manipulated through political control and translation to different languages.

We no longer know what the original Bible really said. So even if the Devil didn't write it, he has had his way with it by allowing Man to bastardize it.

Of course, thats if you believe in such a thing as the Devil.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This isn't exactly on topic and I know it's not really what you're talking about...buuuut...

The Codex Gigas is interesting. The story goes that a monk got in some hot water and he was going to be walled up. The monk made a deal with his superiors: if he could write a book containing all human knowledge in one night he'd get to live. Obviously, no one could do that, so the monk made a deal with the devil. The devil came through.

The book is a Vulgate bible and also has various exorcism spells and a big picture of the devil himself.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
since the idea of a "DEvil" comes from the bible... how can this works ?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
OP, I am right there with you. I believe that the Bible is the "Devil"'s biggest lie. People suppress their natural human curiosity and end up sticking with fundamentalist views that "look like the right thing to do". You speak with logic and I assume you've actually studied the world pretty thoroughly to come up with this assumption. After interpreting the Bible time and time again, this is the conclusion I've always come to.

I think that Yeshua ben Joseph (aka Jesus Christ) went to India and learned from many sects that taught about universal consciousness, not Judaism. I believe that he calls himself the bright and morning star because his identity was changed/altered through writing and his persona was used to deceive an entire planet.

This is what we get for relying on physical literature to guide us into spiritual enlightenment. Most people don't take the time to decipher the real symbolism behind the text, so they end up getting only half of the meaning.

Death is not the biggest issue though. Life and death are just cycles which can be visited over and over again in varying degrees. Spiritual stupidity is the real issue here.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The bible is gods biography from the point of view of a schizophrenic. Its why it can be contradictory. Some one once tried to explain it a guy named Santa, Now God is also a bit dyslexic and then thought Satan was trying to stage a revolt and kill him, but really it was Santa, he was trying to make god go back on his meds. Long story short Santa and God don't talk.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Maybe the Devil, Jesus and God are metaphors never meant to be taken as religion does? I mean, the Bible is full of crazy stories that are obvioulsy metaphors but some religous people take them at face value.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Maybe the Devil, Jesus and God are metaphors never meant to be taken as religion does? I mean, the Bible is full of crazy stories that are obvioulsy metaphors but some religous people take them at face value.

People dont take them as face value because it speaks of supernatural beings THAT SCARE THE hell outta them, NO PUN I THINK LOL-SATAN a dragon - Leviathian from the sea-imagine what that would look like SMH???????- flying angels pouring out plagues- death non existant- THE EUPHRATES RIVER ACTIVITIES????????

16:12The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East
16:13Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. -avatars usage

16:14They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty

16:15"Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed." Guess picturing the boss comming in like a thief is to much to consider

16:16Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon. Ahh yes

Take it all for face value
Its not like there is any East kings being interacted with RIGHT??????

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by piett

You mean the ruler of hell? I believe that several religions PRIOR to Christianity believed in Lucifer or Satan or Hades. The bible does not have the market on devils or devil like creatures nor can it say that they were the creative minds for said creatures. Hell for instance; it's only been recently (2000 years) that humans have been granted entrance to Heaven, before that everyone...EVERYONE went to hell. Hell was the place for the dead, bad, good, didn't matter; you atoned for something. Heaven was reserved for Gods.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Constantine put together the Bible and as far as the authors, they vary..So where exactly does the Devil come into play?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
I think we all can rightly say that this book, The Bible, has massacred and deceived millions of people for thousands of years.

You can take that stand... but it is a fool's hill to defend. The Bible has done nothing. You can place it in a room full of atheists and believers and no matter how much they themselves argue the issue, the book will remain absolutely still, and completely silent.

Think about it. How many Bibles... or any books for that matter, have you ever seen become animated and then run off to kill someone?

Of course, the answer is that ideas, theories and religious tenets are absolutely harmless without a human attached to use them as an excuse for poor behavior.

To blame the Bible or a gun for anyone's death is to give comfort and pardon to the people who perpetrate the crimes.

Have a nice day

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by SlyFox_79

The Bible has done nothing. You can place it in a room full of atheists and believers and no matter how much they themselves argue the issue, the book will remain absolutely still, and completely silent.

I like that, I think I'm going to use that..Thank you

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I have thought that thru the dark ages that this may have been altered as per the devils work.. to decieve the nations.. but it states in the Bible that :

Revelation 22:19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
So bottom line if we follow even by deciept what is written in the Bible.. even if the devil altered it.. we being decieved but with fervent belief that we are doing God's will .. then we will not be punished ,, the one who altered it will be worthy of the wrath of God.. not the innocent who followed blindly..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The Bible, has massacred and deceived millions of people for thousands of years.

Better make that billions, there are close to 2 Billion Christians in the world. The real culprit of the deception isn't the Bible though, its people's parents. The Bible is helpless without blind followers supporting it and spreading it to their children.

How do we know the Bible wasn't created by the Devil? Because the Devil does not exist.

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

it seems to me whomever authored the first commandment fits a possible definition of what an atheist is.

I've never met an atheist who didn't support Freedom of Religion, which is exactly what the first commandment restricts. Believe it or not the vast majority of people, whether they be Christian, Muslim, Jew or Atheist, want freedom of religion and freedom to believe, or disbelieve.

Not to mention the commandment is written from the POV of a tyrannical God so it already assumes that a God exists.

reply to post by piett

Simple, the Devil was putting out misinformation about himself... the question then becomes, why did he make himself out to be evil and ultimately doomed?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join