It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military's top secret X-37B shuttle 'disappears' for two weeks, changes orbit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is a picture of the secret X-37B shuttle when NASA was working on it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/785e7f0c6feb.jpg[/atsimg]
And this is what it looks like now.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7a0b7a2a0d1.jpg[/atsimg]

Secret shuttle launched in April
Skywatchers lose it for two weeks
Orbit change shows stealth ability
AMATEUR astronomers are enjoying a cat-and-mouse game with the US military in keeping track of its secret space plane, the X-37B.
The X-37B was launched in April amid much publicity, but scant detail about its true use.
Built by Boeing's Phantom Works division, the X-37B program was originally headed by NASA.
It was later turned over to the Pentagon's research and development arm and then to a secretive Air Force unit.
Only a very select few in the US military know what it's for, but observers on Earth believe they're putting together the puzzle piece by piece.

More at link www.news.com.au...

I know it's been posted before on ATS but this is new info and very intresting subject.

I wonder what this thing is bult for

So what's your take on this could it be for taking out satellites

There is so many things this could be used for what do you think

Eddit to add video.

Thankyou

[edit on 123131p://2010-08-25T12:27:49-05:00258 by mars1]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Haha the secrets out! Thats so odd that it vanished for two weeks. How does everyone know that? So let me get this straight. We have a secret space shuttle that we have pictures of, orbit trajectory so we know where said secret shuttle is at all times and now everyone knows that the secret space shuttle went out of its secret orbit to a secret place for two weeks? Not so much as a conspiracy as it should have been a bad 80's movie starring the cast of Ghostbusters.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by kenny71]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If you have a great imagination, you could believe it to be used to supply some secret military space-station, mining on the moon or even a secret mission to mars. Whatever it is, I believe it is to supply something, somewhere. Maybe it is a space-weapons platform to reign terror on ground based or space based targets. Whatever the purpose, it sure is interesting, that's for sure.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I was kinda hoping a big alien vessel snatched it up or it had a target on one of my ex girlfriends houses. Oh trust me my imagination ran a little wild with this too. I really cant find anymore recent news on this though which is a bummer.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It had to go check up on the Sun for a second to make sure the Sun was being nice
On its way back it winked @ Venus

[edit on 8/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

So true

You also got to think if this is one of the secret projects they are letting out what else have they got up there that is still secret

This thing is scary enuff could it be for stealing satellites
taking weapons to space station or secret station

There is so many possibilities thats a BIG door on top thats for sure.

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Looking at the photograph of the x-37B, a quote from Star wars comes to mind...When Luke first sees the Millennium Falcon..."What a piece of junk".

It certainly isn't pretty, but I suppose it doesn't have to be pretty in order to get the job done.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I was wondering that too. They could be using it to either work on pre-existing sattelites or messing with other nations sattelites.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
First of all that isn't the craft they use. Think about it. Why would they call it secret yet present it to the public.

Remember the parallel space program. What they present to the public isn't the reality that is taking place in space behind closed doors.
I am playing the decoy card.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
First of all that isn't the craft they use. Think about it. Why would they call it secret yet present it to the public.

Remember the parallel space program. What they present to the public isn't the reality that is taking place in space behind closed doors.
I am playing the decoy card.

Exactly. The true secrecy is what is REALLY happening. Yeah, sure, it was made to shoot down satellites and such, but saying that the Public isn't allowed to know makes it much more obvious that it's a situation that is bigger than just shooting down satellites.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Maybe its sinking oil rigs? You going to tell me it goes to space around the same time the oil rig blows up, and no one questions it?

ahahaha

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm more interested in the design of the craft than what it's actually doing up there. To me, this looks like a drone. It doesn't have any windows and it really doesn't look too large.

I can't imagine that thing holding too much cargo or even crew for that matter. So maybe it's designed to be an orbital spy plane that can be remotely controlled.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just found this help's a tiny bit.

NASA top secret space spy aircraft X37B !!! preparations for wars in space

I know what the video title says but no one knows what its for.
Edit to add video.

Thankyou

[edit on 113131p://2010-08-25T11:09:08-05:00258 by mars1]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Yea, in all seriousness, its filled with the most capable, most advance imagery system. Probably has thermal and infrared, and all kinds of things you never heard of. Can probably zoom in on the iris of your eye. I doubt it has any weapons, except perhaps, a self destruct.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
This is a picture of the secret X-37B shuttle
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/785e7f0c6feb.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Looking at the photograph of the x-37B, a quote from Star wars comes to mind...When Luke first sees the Millennium Falcon..."What a piece of junk".

It certainly isn't pretty, but I suppose it doesn't have to be pretty in order to get the job done.

Actually that's a pic of a scaled down flight test version of the real deal. Here is what the real X-37B looks like, this was right before launch

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14f15889499f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I can't imagine that thing holding too much cargo or even crew for that matter. So maybe it's designed to be an orbital spy plane that can be remotely controlled.

mabey but its clearly made for space and they allready hav stealth to spy looks like drone but for a more secret purpose but the strangest parts is they say it went missin thats a convienient excuse to hide a secret base
i think moon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayedd
I'm more interested in the design of the craft than what it's actually doing up there. To me, this looks like a drone. It doesn't have any windows and it really doesn't look too large.

Thats why I think it was sent to locations where humans couldnt survive...
2nd

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That's more like it! Nice looking!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How does a spacecraft disappear for 2 weeks without anyone noticing the engines firing, etc.?

1 - it was inside some other larger vehicle.

2 - experimental warp drive.

3 - ground observers aren't as good as they would have us think.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Looks a little different there, interesting and good find.
2nd

[edit on 8/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join