It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morally LaVey's Satanism is superior to Christianity.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

He has 2 heads 1 is the king of hell the other 1 is Jesus....

Doesnt that mean that God and Satan is the same?

that would mean Jesus is the Christ and the Antichrist

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

LaVay's Satanism is based on if it feels good just do it. It has no moral value for other people, it is purely materialism. Its about packaging moral depravity in a palatable form.

I have been deep into the occult, I owned a very successful metaphysical bookstore and was a spiritual adviser and was the Tarot reader. I have studied them all.

I had thousands of humanists, pagans, occultists and every other spiritual belief people can have walk in my store. I have talked to them all interviewing them in depth.

Ask any new age bookstore owner, it boils down to these people will excuse there actions no matter what down to, Do what thou wilt an it harm none.

Sounds good?

It was just an excuse so they would not have to buckle down and have absolute moral values, because that road is way to hard. Do not deceive yourself, the reason most people bash Christians is not the hypocrisy, this is an excuse. It is because the way is too hard and requires to many personal sacrifices to be a true follower of "The Way".

What is "The Way"? It is original Christianity. It is following the way of Christ. Try it sometime.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

It could be said that the major Abrahamic religions are based on a "do as you are told, or else..." mentality that does not sound consistent with an Omniscient, Omnipotent and Benevolent God. Just replace "moral depravity" with "moral superiority complex".

And "morals" are a human concept. The idea that there is an absolute, rigid, unchanging system of morals is preposterous.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Why on earth should anyone try this absolutism?

And which version? Protestants have tens of thousands of sects and churches, each with slightly different rules, Biblical interpretations and theocratic details.
Perhaps one could say they disagree on stupid details (especially regarding the end times, and how to see the imminent future, or what exactly happens after death - soul sleep untill judgement day or heaven and hell - all unproven, thumb-sucked nonsense), but they agree on the even more stupid similarities.

OK, they've got the stick of hell (but so does Islam and similar horrors and unpleasant rebirths face unbelievers in most religions), but what's the carrot?

Since I started this thread I do appreciate Christian culture, and would class myself broadly with it for historic and social reasons.
Besides, most Christians aren't exactly that "holy" beyond the claptrap.
However, the Islamist death cults are a much greater threat to everything democratic and worth living for.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

is based on if it feels good just do it. It has no moral value for other people, it is purely materialism. 

I think you are confusing Lavey Satanism with pure Hedonism.

It is not purely material, it believes in unseen energies which can be worked with for magic. Also, the moral isn't "if it feels good do it" - that's hedonism.

The TRUE moral of Satanism is "if it benefits you, strengthens you, then do it, and only hurt others in defence don't turn the other cheek and let yourself be walked on"
edit on 20-10-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join